No announcement yet.

It wasn't about Young, it was about Rush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rush hasnt settled on anything, he said he only bypassed the simulation not ended it.

I have a feeling the ship will restart the scenario sooner or later, as for all he wishes, Rush's control of Destiny is not absolute - considering i feel the ship is not far off mutinous actions against Rush itself.

N.C

Comment

No, it's about Destiny introducing a Dream's WiFi...

Comment

Why wouldn't the Destiny just illuminate the way to the bridge?? A couple of signs saying 'This way to the bridge?'

Seems a much simpler way to sort out the leadership quabble than going all inception on us.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          Why wouldn't the Destiny just illuminate the way to the bridge?? A couple of signs saying 'This way to the bridge?'

Seems a much simpler way to sort out the leadership quabble than going all inception on us.
          What would be the fun in that?
          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

loved this ep, big redeemer from cloverdale... i literally said during this ep, hey this is judt like when Teal'c was stuck in the VR chair and eventually gave up, which is what Young did when he gave over chloe and they still attacked.

then rewatching it i realized 'franklin' pointed out the program to rush and to look closer... the ship was intended to have a consciousness integrated into it and when franklin sat in the chair he became the ship... cool right other have said this, but from what i remember 'Franklin' pre chair was a whiner and complainer and not a fan of Young or military control... so i think 'Destiny' took the impressions of the crew from Franklin and that is why Young was tested.

was Young the first or only one tested? What about tamara? we assumed it was the 'planet builder' aliens of they exist at all, but what if it was Destiny giving her a reason to continue living and being a medic and not giving up (ie: baby not really on planet)

Comment

Why Franklin showed the simulation to Rush knowingly that he can simply stop it?Because it was supposed to show him that this no win situation is solvable only by revealing his secret.Young's depression and it's healing would have happened anyway, the simulation has nothing to do with it, so probably that was a side effect or it had another message.

Comment

I personally think that Destiny has a lot more personality than the crew give it credit for. I also think that when Destiny first started out, it was not as aware as it is now, because it seems like a pretty advanced AI for a ship that pre-dates Atlantis. As I remember another poster commentating, why not use the same kind of AI for Atlantis if Desinty's AI is so advanced?
                That is just my two cents.

Comment

What happened, was that Rush had managed to coincidentally override the computer system at the same time they were preparing for an attack, under Young's leadership. Since Wray and Rush mentioned the theory of how Young's leadership was being tested, it was believed by all, that Young's reaction to the situation was appropriate and thus he was fit to be the leader of Destiny.However, in reality, it was just a coincidence that the systems could be overridden at the same time. Essentially, Rush's control of the bridge allows him to over-mind this test protocol in place of Destiny, since he is the one who has full control over the ship.
                  He therefore had the chance to take the easy way out of the situation at just the right time as opposed to the risky way[ which would be relying on Colonel Young's leadership abilities].
                  Abbas Karimjee
                  www.abbaskarimjee.wordpress.com
                  The latest Stargate Atlantis, SG1 , Universe , movies and the future of Stargate news.

Comment

Perhaps the AI only came into being after franklin linked with the ship and disappeared.. perhaps that was supposed to happen from the get go.

Comment

Originally posted by k1037 View Post
                      Destiny wasn't rejecting Young, it was rejecting Rush and trying to find someone else to put in charge for whatever dangers are ahead. When it wasn't convinced of Young's ability either, it decided it would park its metal ass right where it was at until someone capable was in control. If Young had maintained his composure and Rush had left the simulation running, I'm betting that a few dreams later, Destiny would have given Young an in-dream walk to the bridge.

Evidence:
                      - Rush's wife is no longer asking him any questions. It's all Franklin now, and the tone is becoming outright hostile. Destiny understands him, and it's not pleased.
                      - Destiny can't test Young directly, as the holographic emitters (or whatever) seem to only be on the bridge. So it tried the dream route, seeing how he would react to various threats, trying to do the same personality-probing that it did with Rush.
                      - Rush himself gave it away during the conversation at the end, which included the line, "Ultimately, I control the ship." After that discussion, Rush looks around with a Hey, wait a minute look, but Franklin has disappeared.
                      Now that I've watched the episode, I have to agree - it wasn't at all about rejecting Young, but rather a way of letting him know that it wouldn't matter what he did and that at the end of the day, a hard choice just has to be lived with and gotten over. Destiny, in talking to Rush through only Franklin now, does seem to be heavily laced with contempt and that's been deepening over the past few episodes.
                      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I have mixed feelings about this. I don't believe that the Destiny was trying to remove Young from leadership - it was some other sort of test, and I don't think Rush kept Young in charge so much as Rush feared that if it came down to a matter of choice, that Rush wouldn't be chosen and so Rush interrupted the test. There's going to be lovely fallout from this
                        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I'm surprised the ship didn't test them all at the same time. There are only two reasons to test the leader. One is to test his ability as a leader, which for the ship doesn't mean much. It would be in the ship's best interests to keep the leader sane. The second reason would be to see what the limitations of the human mind is by picking the strongest among the crew to test on.

Comment

It'd be pretty impressive if the ship could link the dreams of the entire crew and run the scenario. People would catch on faster, though.

Comment

You know, there is a literalist way to look at this. The simulation itself was supposed to be enormously complex model of something. That much we knew. We infer that it was a test of mental states based on two facts:
                              1. Rush said it while he was trying to replace Young
                              2. The ship starts again when Young gets "his head right"

However, mind Franklin says that he didn't "solve the problem." When he says that, Rush assumes that the aliens are behind them dismissively. Only to have Franklin respond that there may be dangers ahead. It's very Q from TNG.

What if it actually IS a modeled scenario of something that is about to happen. Perhaps not a literal copy, but something the ship realizes is likely to happen in the future with perhaps different aliens. All it is doing is running probabilities and testing the commander's responses against those probabilities. In essence, it is Groundhog Day in the same sense that the movie was. It's purpose is to make the commander and the ship find a way out of what it sees as an impossible situation.

Comment

We need to keep in mind that, just because we didn't see Gloria this episode, doesn't mean she won't appear again. It could be that just Franklin was called for.

Originally posted by Azzers View Post
                                What if it actually IS a modeled scenario of something that is about to happen. Perhaps not a literal copy, but something the ship realizes is likely to happen in the future with perhaps different aliens. All it is doing is running probabilities and testing the commander's responses against those probabilities. In essence, it is Groundhog Day in the same sense that the movie was. It's purpose is to make the commander and the ship find a way out of what it sees as an impossible situation.
                                This is what I said before. The ship has subspace connections to the gates and the seeder ships, and based on knowing the aliens psych profiles due to all their attempts to gain access to the ship, Destiny probably knows that they are going to try again. And perhaps they are setting up a "trap" somewhere down the line. Remember, Destiny is more or less flying in a "straight" line, so it's not that hard to figure out where they are going and how fast Destiny travels through FTL.

And if Chloe's alien side has introduced some hidden programming that is controlling some course changes, the ship could be heading into a trap and not even Rush realizes it, because he assumes the course changes are just him not quite getting things right.

Comment

Working...
                                X