This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
    Okay then. Misfits, provide the proof for your assumptions.
    As you know, for a fact, that Humans only use about 10% of brain functionality.
    Therefore, it would be a well grounded presumption that the Alien influence resides elsewhere in the brain.

As you know, for a fact, that Cloe was seen staring at a console in the initial scene in 'Pathogen', as in her alien influence in her brain was studying Destiny.

As you know, for a fact that the neuro-interface chair transfers data into the subject's brain.
    Rush was seen looking at the flow of data into his brain in many scenes in 'Human'.

So, you take all these facts together and it would be an easy presumption that Cloe sitting in the neuro-interface chair would speed up her understanding of Destiny.

Or do you think I'm taking a leap of faith on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Misfits View Post
      As you know, for a fact, that Humans only use about 10% of brain functionality.
      Therefore, it would be a well grounded presumption that the Alien influence resides elsewhere in the brain.
      This is not true. Read up on how the brain works.

As you know, for a fact that the neuro-interface chair transfers data into the subject's brain.
      Rush was seen looking at the flow of data into his brain in many scenes in 'Human'.
      And you're completely ignoring the fact that Rush has refined the interface further, specifically mentioning that no harm will come to her.

So, you take all these facts together and it would be an easy presumption that Cloe sitting in the neuro-interface chair would speed up her understanding of Destiny.

Or do you think I'm taking a leap of faith on this.
      You're ignoring facts established in the episode to support it, namely that the chair was modified to function in a way different than it had before.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
        He won't ever do it. We've gone through the same crap in the "Awakening" thread. He'll accuse you of wearing blinders until the cows come home, and never admit he could be wrong.

The simple fact is there is no proof that Rush did it solely as an excuse to get Chloe off the hook, and every indication he did intend for it to work.
        If you're wearing blinders, then, I'll tell you you're wearing blinders. Simple as that.

You remember the conversation Rush had with Cloe/
        ARMSTRONG: I'm not cured, am I?
        RUSH: No.
        And you forget the conversation Rush had with Gloria at the end of 'Pathogen'.
        RUSH: I do, yes. If she values her freedom, she'll play along without telling anyone. I need it to be this way - for now, anyway.
        What do you think these dialogues mean?

As for not specifically answering you questions over and over, I'm sorry about that.
        I was under the presumption that you would actually read the threads and read what I posted BEFORE you commented, and that I don't have to repeat everything verbatim everytime someone asks the same question.

Comment

If you're wearing blinders, then, I'll tell you you're wearing blinders. Simple as that.
          Except you do it without ever logically supporting your opinion.

What do you think these dialogues mean?

As for not specifically answering you questions over and over, I'm sorry about that.
          I was under the presumption that you would actually read the threads and read what I posted BEFORE you commented, and that I don't have to repeat everything verbatim everytime someone asks the same question.
          Those dialogues only indicate that the cure failed and he hid it, nothing more. You're making more of them to fuel the hate of Rush.

You never answered the questions in the previous thread. You just keep defaulting to "but he had the motivation", totally ignoring the facts or twisting what little tidbits fit your assertions into something more than what they are.

Comment

This is not true. Read up on how the brain works.
            It has been illustrated many times in Stargate about separate consciousness residing in the same brain. Obviously, Cloe being able to understand Alien writing, solving equations, etc..., there has to be something else in her brain. Because Cloe, her conscious self can't do any of these stuff.

And you're completely ignoring the fact that Rush has refined the interface further, specifically mentioning that no harm will come to her.

You're ignoring facts established in the episode to support it, namely that the chair was modified to function in a way different than it had before.
            Ever since when do you take what Rush says at their face value?
            Most of time, he's lying. And yet, you take it as fact just because he said it? Come on, you can't be THAT naive.

The only fact established in the episode is that Rush is able to start and stop the chair, that's all.

Comment

Except you do it without ever logically supporting your opinion.
              I support it logically with common sense, thank you. You're the one ignoring the logic or the common sense of the argument.

Those dialogues only indicate that the cure failed and he hid it, nothing more. You're making more of them to fuel the hate of Rush.
              Holly gee! Call the newspapers! You actually acknowledge that Rush lied? So, according to you Rush only lies when YOU say he lies and not at any other time. You sure you want to claim you're not wearing blinders?

You never answered the questions in the previous thread. You just keep defaulting to "but he had the motivation", totally ignoring the facts or twisting what little tidbits fit your assertions into something more than what they are.
              Go read all the previous posts on that thread. And his motivation was the subject matter, that's the reason why I was going back to it constantly.

Comment

It has been illustrated many times in Stargate about separate consciousness residing in the same brain. Obviously, Cloe being able to understand Alien writing, solving equations, etc..., there has to be something else in her brain. Because Cloe, her conscious self can't do any of these stuff.
                That myth is false even in Stargate. They use the somewhat correct assertion that only ten percent of the brain is highly active at one time. Again, read up on how the brain works, because it does not work like that.

Ever since when do you take what Rush says at their face value?
                Most of time, he's lying. And yet, you take it as fact just because he said it? Come on, you can't be THAT naive.

The only fact established in the episode is that Rush is able to start and stop the chair, that's all.
                Oh, so it's ok to make baseless assumptions that the character's lying. As long as we're clear on what point you're arguing from. You just defeated your own argument here. If you'll deny those facts which don't support your opinion, you have no ground on which to stand. There's no evidence he was lying, and the entire science team was there watching.

Holly gee! Call the newspapers! You actually acknowledge that Rush lied? So, according to you Rush only lies when YOU say he lies and not at any other time. You sure you want to claim you're not wearing blinders?
                Again, twisting facts. Rush obviously lied here and admits it. It is you who chooses to deny any statements he makes as potential lies. I only acknowledge that he lied here because it is a fact.

Go read all the previous posts on that thread. And his motivation was the subject matter, that's the reason why I was going back to it constantly.
                No, it wasn't the subject matter. The subject matter was the proof that he did it, which you can not and never did prove. In the absence of that, you fixated on his motives and equated it to guilt, because it was the only position you could argue from.

Comment

That myth is false even in Stargate. They use the somewhat correct assertion that only ten percent of the brain is highly active at one time. Again, read up on how the brain works, because it does not work like that.
                  I was under the impression that this was Stargate Universe we were talking about. Where different consciousness resides in the same brain, as has been showcased many times.
                  Regardless, something is in Cloe's brain. Shes seen scanning Console, attempting to open suitcases, writing alien language in her diary, etc..., all of which she has no recollection.

Oh, so it's ok to make baseless assumptions that the character's lying. As log as we're clear on what point you're arguing from. You just defeated your own argument here. As long as you'll deny those facts which don't support your opinion, you have no ground on which to stand. There's no evidence he was lying, and the entire science team was there watching.
                  Rush has been lying from the start. It's not a baseless assumption. It's an accepted fact.

Again, twisting facts. Rush obviously lied here and admits it. It is you who chooses to deny any statements he makes as potential lies. I only acknowledge that he lied here because it is a fact.
                  So, according to you Rush has to admit that he lied in order for it to actually be considered a lie. You sure you want to claim you're not wearing blinders? Again?

No, it wasn't the subject matter. The subject matter was the proof that he did it, which you can not and never did prove. In the absence of that, you fixated on his motives and equated it to guilt, because it was the only position you could argue from.
                  Of course there was no proof, according to you. Unless Rush states specifically that he did something, he didn't do it. This is your stance.
                  That tells me you have binders on.

Comment

I was under the impression that this was Stargate Universe we were talking about. Where different consciousness resides in the same brain, as has been showcased many times.
                    Regardless, something is in Cloe's brain. Shes seen scanning Console, attempting to open suitcases, writing alien language in her diary, etc..., all of which she has no recollection.
                    Nevertheless, the brain does not, and never has, worked as you try to depict it. Multiple consciousnesses have always been depicted as overlapping brainwaves. They do not and never have resided in separate areas of the brain. The brain does not work that way.

Rush has been lying from the start. It's not a baseless assumption. It's an accepted fact.
                    He's lied on occasion. You insist on inflating this to make your points work.

So, according to you Rush has to admit that he lied in order for it to actually be considered a lie. You sure you want to claim you're not wearing blinders? Again?
                    By the same token, you who insist that whatever you want to be a lie must be a lie must be wearing blinders, because you only see what you want to see.

Of course there was no proof, according to you. Unless Rush states specifically that he did something, he didn't do it. This is your stance.
                    That tells me you have binders on.
                    Then prove it. Prove exactly how Rush sabotaged the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Ssuper Kyle View Post
                      Anyone else get the Inception reference with the wedding band?
                      no, what do you mean?
                      Grimm returns October 24
                      sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                      Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                        no, what do you mean?
                        I don't either, but it must've been crazy to make an Inception reference in an episode that was written and filmed back in Feb/March... while Inception came out in July.
                        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                          I don't either, but it must've been crazy to make an Inception reference in an episode that was written and filmed back in Feb/March... while Inception came out in July.
                          Time travel.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                            Time travel.
                            Does Paul Mullie's evil know no bounds? First Enemy At The Gate and now hoarding time travel? Not cool bro. Not cool.
                            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I quite enjoyed this episode. Much more so than last week's. Probably one of my few favorites of the series.

Loved:

- Scott. I've never much liked this character (mostly because of his story being so closely intertwined with Chloe), but he was great in this episode. Hope they keep this up for him. BJS did a nice job.

- Young. I've always been in favor of the darker nature of this Stargate. Dragging characters through the mud makes for good story. Makes overcoming the darkness all that more sweet. Though I hope they aren't quite done with him, and he didn't just totally snap back like that. LF did a great job in this ep.

- Scott/Young scene in his quarters. One of the best scenes in the series to date.

- Young/TJ scene. Poor TJ, but I never really liked the idea of the magic aliens ascending the kid. I'm with others and think that was Destiny, which would suck for TJ, but I thought the other was a cop out.

- VFX of Destiny blowing up. If the show isn't renewed, they can always recycle that in the very last episode.

- Rush/Wray/Scott scene.

-Chloe and her transformation. Whatever they did to her was one of the best things this show has done as I've disliked this character most of the time since the beginning. At least now when she is on the show, she has some kind of purpose in the storyline that I find interesting.

- "Ultimately, I control Destiny." Final scene with Rush on the bridge. When the ship jumped I figured it was him. Heh. That everyone else saw it as the ship giving approval to Young, but I bet Rush has no problem with that since he's the one in the catbird seat...for now.

- Oh and the kino clip of who was it Brody about to show off an Ancient bathroom. lol! I guess it was a tease for the ever present topic on GW.

Liked:

- Wray. I'm not sure I could ever love this character. I often find it difficult to just like her (she's solidly over in the meh characters), but her offering up help to Young was nice and seemingly genuine.

- Eli/Ginn/Greer stuff. Nice balance with what was going on with Young. Not that I care anything about shipping them, but him pining over Chloe was going nowhere. This was definitely the weak point of the episode for me though.

On the fence:

-Whatever the deal is with Destiny. Just how far are they going to go with this AI? Just what was it trying to accomplish with Young? Not exactly sure if I'm interested in a ship that thinks that much. I'll be in wait and see mode. I do hope they get on with whatever the deal is with Destiny's mission and not drag it out much longer.

Bring on next week's ep as the preview showed something I've been waiting all season for.

Spoiler:
                              Rush/Young showdown.
                              Last edited by LoneStar1836; 03 November 2010, 01:11 PM.
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

I loved the action sequence, even if it was just a dream. The stuff with Greer and Eli was good too. Greer's antics had me cracking up.

It didn't really dawn on me while I was watching the episode last night, but I definitely think the dream TJ had in the season premier was just the ship messing with her. (maybe "messing with her" isn't the best way to describe it)
                                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Working...
                                X