Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really loved this episode. I always like the "Destiny as a character" stuff, but this was great all around.

Comment

I wonder if Young was on track to get Destiny's acceptance, it kinda looked that way!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
        I wonder if Young was on track to get Destiny's acceptance, it kinda looked that way!
        If we assume that it dropped out of FTL because Young slipped into depression then I would say yes because Young got off his arse and got to work but I guess we'll never know thanks to Rush
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

It seems kind of odd that Young would suddenly be able to pull out of his downward spiral because of just this. Like a snap of the fingers and then he's better.

Comment

Originally posted by SSJPabs View Post
            It seems kind of odd that Young would suddenly be able to pull out of his downward spiral because of just this. Like a snap of the fingers and then he's better.
            It's not that unbelievable. Sometimes all it takes is someone willing to tell it like it is.

Comment

Anyone else get the Inception reference with the wedding band?

Comment

Really good episode, it was pretty intresting that Destiny can "feel" the crew and was testing Young's battle readiness and fitness as a leader. A shame Rush interferred, he really looked like a king sitting on his throne this week on the bridge towards the end. Still love Rush, but he needs to get caught soon. Overall I think I liked last week's episode better.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SSJPabs View Post
                  I like to think that Scott's speech and the fact that even the ship believed in Young drove him to get him back on his feet.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    If we assume that it dropped out of FTL because Young slipped into depression then I would say yes because Young got off his arse and got to work but I guess we'll never know thanks to Rush
                    I agree with you.

I also think it has now put the crew firmly behind Young and boosted his self-esteem!
                    sigpic

Comment

Ok, so this episode reminded me of SGA's "The Seer" a little bit. Would of been even better if the aliens did attack in the end. I do hope this so called vision does happen or it would of been a waste, but not a total waste since we got some development from Scott and Young. Scott is not willing to step it up to command, and Young might not be the best choice of leader, but he is the best they got. I loved how the end we see Rush and find out he bypassed the RTL drive. So the plot begins to thicken. Should be interesting how this plays out when they find out about Rush. Anyway overall a very good episode, and kinda stands for what SGU is about, which could get a few negative opinions.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                        Ok, so this episode reminded me of SGA's "The Seer" a little bit. Would of been even better if the aliens did attack in the end. I do hope this so called vision does happen or it would of been a waste, but not a total waste since we got some development from Scott and Young. Scott is not willing to step it up to command, and Young might not be the best choice of leader, but he is the best they got. I loved how the end we see Rush and find out he bypassed the RTL drive. So the plot begins to thicken. Should be interesting how this plays out when they find out about Rush. Anyway overall a very good episode, and kinda stands for what SGU is about, which could get a few negative opinions.
                        Don't be crazy. Its like Window of Opportunity
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Don't be crazy. Its like Window of Opportunity
                          LOL, well the Greer and Eli scenes were funny, I got a chuckle at that. But yeah WOO without the humor, lol. It felt like "The Seer" because they saw Atlantis become destroyed in a vision, but it was not the real Atlantis. This was also set up not to be the real Destiny but a test. Anyway clever episode. Gave it a 9/10!
                          sigpic

Comment

Given that it's a dream the first three times around...

Spoiler:
                            is/does Chloe really have that silver clot buildup on her leg? or was that all part of Destiny's test?

And because Rush wrote a bypass to the simulation,

Spoiler:
                            will Destiny slowly lock out Rush from future access to its analysis in the future?

Given automated subroutines that were built in to Destiny long ago, the AI may become sentient... or even perhaps there's an ascended ancient playing ghost in the machine... or trapped / exiled like the one in Pegasus forced to watch over the people she fought and sought to protect for eternity.

Comment

Originally posted by qingdom View Post

Spoiler:
                              is/does Chloe really have that silver clot buildup on her leg? or was that all part of Destiny's test?

I think only the scenes where Young shows up are part of the dream

Comment

Originally posted by qingdom View Post

Spoiler:

And because Rush wrote a bypass to the simulation,

Spoiler:
                                will Destiny slowly lock out Rush from future access to its analysis in the future?

Given automated subroutines that were built in to Destiny long ago, the AI may become sentient... or even perhaps there's an ascended ancient playing ghost in the machine... or trapped / exiled like the one in Pegasus forced to watch over the people she fought and sought to protect for eternity.
                                The Chloe problem on her leg happened in reality. The only "dream" part is the Blues coming to attack Destiny.
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X