Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh gods, thank you, Skydiver. I get so depressed when two posters just bicker on and on and on for page after page. Of course using the Ignore button is an option but we still get the quotes when others pitch in, and it's so damned tiresome watching them rant!!

Comment

Yes, it's fairly annoying to watch people talk discuss a show in a forum explicitly for that show. I mean, what are all these people (that I disagree with or dislike) doing? Only people who say things I like should be allowed to talk.

Anyway, last I checked, no one was forcing anyone to read anything. And people are more than welcome to start up their own threads to discuss things.

Or, ya know, we could just complain that other people are talking. It's not like that's hypocritical or anything.... oh wait....

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
        Yes, it's fairly annoying to watch people talk discuss a show in a forum explicitly for that show. I mean, what are all these people (that I disagree with or dislike) doing? Only people who say things I like should be allowed to talk.

Anyway, last I checked, no one was forcing anyone to read anything. And people are more than welcome to start up their own threads to discuss things.

Or, ya know, we could just complain that other people are talking. It's not like that's hypocritical or anything.... oh wait....
        Why not open a specific 'fight' thread for each episode where people who like this way of 'discussion' can participate without being disturbed by other people's comments and where their comments won't tire others
        Grimm returns October 24
        sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
        Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Not a bad idea, but this is, ya know, a general discussion thread. And many times, these debates cover a multitude of subjects, thus a general discussion thread seems to be rather ideal to hold a general discussion, wouldn't you think so?

Comment

Not a bad idea, but this is, ya know, a general discussion thread. And many times, these debates cover a multitude of subjects, thus a general discussion thread seems to be rather ideal to hold a general discussion, wouldn't you think so?
            Of course, as long as a few poster do not monopolize the discussion
            Grimm returns October 24
            sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
            Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
              ...about one, and nothing but one issue...
              sigpic

Comment

The point wasn't about expressing your opinion (positive or negative on the show/story). It was about fighting over a fictional thing like it was a matter of life and death.

Come on, it's a TV SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                  It's impossible for them to do so, as they would have to prevent you from posting. Last I checked, you still had the ability to post regardless of what they said or did.

Originally posted by OutandAboot View Post
                  The point wasn't about expressing your opinion (positive or negative on the show/story). It was about fighting over a fictional thing like it was a matter of life and death.

Come on, it's a TV SHOW
                  And your point is...?

We're all here because we want to talk about the show. We're all different people, with different levels of enthusiasm. Perhaps you're okay with wanting other people to shut up, but that attitude always felt hypocritical to me; after all, what if someone told you to shut up? Would you feel that is right? I've always felt that people should be free to speak up and say what they want, without forcing other people to keep their mouths closed.

Some people just want to post or twice with their opinion.

Some people like talking about possibilities.

Some like bouncing theories back and forth.

And some like debating the merits of theories.

While I would disagree with what Misfits says, I feel he should have the right to say it. Just like I agree that everyone else should be free to say what they like. Some guy once said a long time ago, "I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death, your right to say it." I tend to take that attitude to heart, but I recognize not everyone would. After all, we all have ideas about who should be allowed to speak, and what things people would be allowed to say. Human history is filled groups that wanted other groups to shut up, and it's never been pretty when that happens.

And that's not a TV show; that's real life. So by the logic presented, that IS something to be passionate about.

Comment

the issue isn't the debating, it was the fighting and name calling. (and the 20+ posts I deleted)

Discuss the issue all you want. Just leave the name calling out of it.

and if two people get to the point that 18 out of a page's 20 posts is from them, maybe they need to start a new thread about that one specific part and keep this thread about more general stuff.

Now, if you want to discuss this further, PM me and we'll talk. Let's get this back about the episode please.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      How about a little dose of perspective here.

Y'all are talking about a TV SHOW. And characters on a tv show. Written by writers that have a longstanding habit of tweaking 'canon' to suit their current story or who have shown blatant disregard for the show's canon.

In addition, you are fighting over make believe things done to make believe characters and using science theories that may or may not even really apply.

In other words, both of you are 'full of it' in that you're fighting over beliefs and theories that can never be proven.

So learn to play nice with each other or learn to use the ignore feature.

Your thread mates are getting tired of having to wade through pages of fighting to find discussion.
                      My bad. I'll refrain from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        the issue isn't the debating, it was the fighting and name calling. (and the 20+ posts I deleted)

Discuss the issue all you want. Just leave the name calling out of it.

and if two people get to the point that 18 out of a page's 20 posts is from them, maybe they need to start a new thread about that one specific part and keep this thread about more general stuff.

Now, if you want to discuss this further, PM me and we'll talk. Let's get this back about the episode please.
                        Within that spirit, do you think Louis Ferreira and Brian J. Smith may get a nomination for their acting in this episode?
                        Their scene in Young's quarters was pretty heavy.

Comment

I don't watch anymore so i can't comment

but perhaps others here can.

what do you guys think?
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well, this show is just getting better and better in my view!

Impressive visual moments along with high quality CGI! Scott being sucked out through the observation lounge window after it disintegrates in impressive style! One of the best scenes in Stargate visual imagery for me. I could really feel the pounding of Destiny's hull by the alien weapon blasts as if I was standing next to Scott, just awesome!

Young and Scott get top prize this week for the episode's great moments, an award worthy performance for both actors I think! Scott finally speaking up and showing his frustration of seeing Young disappearing into that cup of 'gut rot' (couldn't help noticing how much longer and raggedly curly Young's hair got too, along with the unshaven haggard look!) The classic 'loved one' being affected by someone's drinking. Young is the leader and a worthy one, Young had to be reminded of it, and what is great is that moment of why he is a great leader; "because you care!" He steps up too, knew he would....great stuff!!!

I've liked Young as a character from the beginning. He has a lot going on under the surface and it's great seeing it coming out. The idea of Destiny 'checking his credentials' for the leadership role is an intriguing one. I'm interested to see where this idea goes. What is Destiny? Was this the original programming of the vessel, or has the ship picked up some kind of 'sentience' as a result of coming across biological or technological alien influences much like the idea of "Vger" in Star Trek The Motion Picture? Destiny's mission was to follow up and explore the gate seeded worlds, collecting information, who knows what it has come across. Is Destiny now a 'lab' testing various life forms that end up on her?

So many questions! Such a good move in this episode; opening up so many more things to wonder about. Such as when the discovery of Rush's 'secret' with the Destiny's bridge is made, especially if he's caught sitting there in that 'Emperor' like style in the command chair! Gosh, he's so wonderfully smug! The fall out that will cause is going to be interesting viewing! I'm thoroughly enjoying SGU, sticking with the gradual build up is paying off big time I think!

Comment

Originally posted by Misfits View Post
                              Within that spirit, do you think Louis Ferreira and Brian J. Smith may get a nomination for their acting in this episode?
                              Their scene in Young's quarters was pretty heavy.
                              I really hope there are some awards out of this - the acting has been incredible and Young's dissolution has been portrayed brilliantly.
                              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                                I really hope there are some awards out of this - the acting has been incredible and Young's dissolution has been portrayed brilliantly.
                                Do you think with Ginn's help, Eli will figure out a way to dial to Earth from inside a sun?
                                If so, who do you think will try to kill Rush first? Wray, maybe?

Comment

Working...
                                X