This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trinary View Post
    This episode is like a copy of the Ferocious Planet movie where the SGA's Col. Sheppard in it. While Rush's prank with the stasis chamber just a lame filler.
    Rush's prank was one of the best parts of the ep

Comment

Originally posted by AndSoItBegins View Post
      Another thing....did anyone outside of perhaps Scott not realize that Greer and Park were kinda intimate? Because if so it was a bit inappropriate for Chloe to be trying to play matchmaker with Volker and Park. It is ironic Chloe giving Volker the type of advice that no one gave Eli regarding her.
      Matchmaker? All she was doing was getting Volkner to admit his feelings for Park. Nothing wrong with that.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Trinary View Post
        This episode is like a copy of the Ferocious Planet movie where the SGA's Col. Sheppard in it. While Rush's prank with the stasis chamber just a lame filler.
        You could also say that Ferocious Planet copied things as well. I actually enjoyed the episode myself. I'm still trying to figure out what was causing Greer to act the way he did. I understand that he donated a kidney, but for him to go from super risk taker to super chicken was a bit of a stretch.

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
        Rush's prank was one of the best parts of the ep
        I agree...I loved it. I think this is the first time that I actually liked Rush.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dvdrts View Post
          why do they still don't have control over the countdown clock? on the planet they said 'x amount of time before destiny jumps, we can see the clock counting down some times.
          they can steer the ship and go in and out of ftl when they want but they can't stop the timer? why?
          because last time they decided to take control of Destiny's course, Destiny got fatally crippled. More so even than during the millions of years before they showed up.
          The time before that they lost a shuttle and a life. They also need to continue with the mission.

Comment

I thought this episode was okay. Felt liked it lacked something. It definitely lacked a stargate, which kinda bothered me seeing how much of the episode took place offworld on a planet that they used the gate to travel to.

The stuff on the Destiny was far more interesting than the rescue op on the planet(even though it had TJ stuff ). Rush was awesome! Good to see a episode with alot of Varro, Mike Dupod is awesome.

Comment

Okay, so I've just gone trough the whole thread and what is up with people ;p ?
              talk about things a little more relevant to the episode, not how long time the deer meat is going to last.

And this episode was really great, however i didn't quite get the creature thing ? i mean if it could recognize intelligence and had the morals to let them go because of it. It shows sign of extreme intelligence, then surely it should have recognized that humans where intelligent from the beginning of the episode

Comment

Heh, in agreement with Todd, no Stargate this episode. ;p

This episode kinda felt a bit average to me; nothing really stood out, but nothing really felt wrong, either. I don't really care about the self-contained off-world stuff so much, so the main story wasn't too interesting to me, although I know there people who would like it. The creature was rather interesting looking, but I'm kinda getting a bit off with CGI in general. I feel it's being overused; where are the life-like puppets and animatronics like from Star Wars?

The whole thing with the stasis pods kinda left scratching my head, as it didn't seem like too important a discovery. We already knew Atlantis had stasis pods, and the Antarctic outpost had at least one, and they were never given a total "OMG!" feeling before. I can only presume that the pods were introduced to be used in a later episode; my guess is, the season finale will have most of the crew, if not all, freezing themselves for some reason, and that's how it will end things.

I was a bit amused by Rush's prank, which to me was about the only real amusing thing about this episode. I'm glad Eli is getting a bit fed up, now if he can just speak his mind more. It's ironic, though, that he picks a time to be rebellious when Rush really is right about things, heh.

The whole Volker/Park thing felt a bit like it came out of nowhere, and I'm not really a fan of drama-tastic relationships, despite logically speaking they'd probably happen on this ship. I don't want to see 90210, or BSG, but SGU has made no bones about this aspect of itself since episode 1 when Scott boned James in the closet. And from what I understand, Park bones Marines, despite having a boyfriend back on Earth, apparently, which is fairly typical for women. Much like men, they do want sex with the hot ones, while the average guys get friend-zoned. My guess is that if he ever gets it out, Park will say something about not wanting to lose their working friendship.

I won't comment too much about the planet stuff, except it is nice to see about how many LA guys there are... or were. We aren't given a body count, and at least a few died; Varro might be the last.

Overall, decent I suppose, and nothing really to gripe about. Common Descent next episode looks to be fairly interesting at least, giving me an off-world episode that I will like to watch. There are two possibilities: The folks that left the ship in Twin Destinies were sent to the past on another world, or those Faith aliens made a new planet with new humans to study. However, the former seems a bit more likely judging by the promo and the episode title.

Comment

I think when Rush said "gathered some valuable data" about the stasis pods, he was more referring to the fact that he taught a lesson to Eli and Brody. And I don't think he was trying to pull a prank or be mean either, he knew they wouldn't listen, and they would do what they want. He just wanted to show them that sometimes bad things happen when you don't know anything about it.

And yes, it bothers me how many people died and nothing was said about it.
                  Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

I had a couple of issues with the episode. The ending didn't make a whole lot of sense with the space cat figuring out the people were intelligent. You'd think the heavy weapons, explosion, use of tools, clothing, and language would be a slight hint. But no, it's fire.

People seem to think Rush's prank was harmless fun, but I saw it as a way of putting Eli in his place. Eli is as smart or smarter than Rush and Rush needs to maintain dominance over him as much as possible. As soon as Eli started showing some backbone, he decided to knock the kid down a few pegs, putting another man's life in jeopardy in the process.

Col. Young needs to stop with the stalker stuff. TJ and Varro is a done deal.

Chloe was a jerk. She knew Greer has been hitting that for months and instead of warning the nerd guy off by saying 'She's hooking up with Greer, fyi', she sends him on a fool's errand, knowing he has no shot. It's as if she was thinking 'It was fun watching Eli run into a brick wall, i wonder if its just as fun watching from the outside....yep, it is'

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                      I'm still trying to figure out what was causing Greer to act the way he did. I understand that he donated a kidney, but for him to go from super risk taker to super chicken was a bit of a stretch.
                      Actually, it is very easy for your view to make a 180 when something traumatic happens. I used to love dogs, then I got bit by one, and I was instantly afraid of dogs, terrified, for at least a year or two, except for my own. Now, I am less afraid but I still take caution. He felt like he died, it was traumatic and now he is questioning everything he knows. And it happens that fast. Especially when you've been sick from the surgery and weren't sure if you would live for a while, you question things.

And also, with the count down timer... Gloria or Franklin told Rush that it is very complex, so maybe they decided just not to mess with it.
                      Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Originally posted by derrickh View Post
                        I had a couple of issues with the episode. The ending didn't make a whole lot of sense with the space cat figuring out the people were intelligent. You'd think the heavy weapons, explosion, use of tools, clothing, and language would be a slight hint. But no, it's fire.

People seem to think Rush's prank was harmless fun, but I saw it as a way of putting Eli in his place. Eli is as smart or smarter than Rush and Rush needs to maintain dominance over him as much as possible. As soon as Eli started showing some backbone, he decided to knock the kid down a few pegs, putting another man's life in jeopardy in the process.

Col. Young needs to stop with the stalker stuff. TJ and Varro is a done deal.

Chloe was a jerk. She knew Greer has been hitting that for months and instead of warning the nerd guy off by saying 'She's hooking up with Greer, fyi', she sends him on a fool's errand, knowing he has no shot. It's as if she was thinking 'It was fun watching Eli run into a brick wall, i wonder if its just as fun watching from the outside....yep, it is'
                        Ok, the creature probably didn't understand advanced tools like guns, clothes it probably thought was color variation in skin, explosions are thunder... Fire in a cave and contained. Easily recognizable to primitively itnelligent beings because fire is primitive itself.

How do stasis pod's put a man's life in jeopardy? He wasn't knocking Eli down, he was teaching him that sometimes things go wrong when you don't know enough about something.

Col. Young still loves TJ some, and he is feeling threatened, it is perfectly normal.

Park and Greer haven't had any action for a while, and they aren't "official" or anything, so maybe Chloe was just being friendly. I don't think there was any malicious intent in her words.

Comment

Originally posted by zainea13 View Post
                          I think when Rush said "gathered some valuable data" about the stasis pods, he was more referring to the fact that he taught a lesson to Eli and Brody. And I don't think he was trying to pull a prank or be mean either, he knew they wouldn't listen, and they would do what they want. He just wanted to show them that sometimes bad things happen when you don't know anything about it.

And yes, it bothers me how many people died and nothing was said about it.
                          Unless it is a main character are they really going to make a big deal? How many times in SG1 and SGA did people die and everyone just got on with their business. I get that they all live together and it is traumatic, but they won;t bother putting that in every episode or else everyone would just be constantly doing no work and mourning. In SG1 and SGA there were occasional episodes where they would make some kind of deal about death, but really not often.

Rush's prank was fantastic. I think that the data gathered was also to do with learning about what kind of sustainability the pods have, as well as teaching brody and eli lessons.

Comment

Originally posted by traylormatt View Post
                            Unless it is a main character are they really going to make a big deal? How many times in SG1 and SGA did people die and everyone just got on with their business. I get that they all live together and it is traumatic, but they won;t bother putting that in every episode or else everyone would just be constantly doing no work and mourning. In SG1 and SGA there were occasional episodes where they would make some kind of deal about death, but really not often.
                            But this isn't SG1 or A, in SGU they do make a big deal about it every time someone dies.

Comment

Finally, meat!

Still wish they hadn't cut out TJ flashbacks. All in all, decent episode. Not one of the best, but definitely not the worst one. Really, don't feel mentioning anything else.

4 to go. *kicks someone*
                              sigpic

Comment

Not every single time. What was Varro going to do. Sit down and sulk? He is a warrior. I doubt much is going to shake him really. As for the members of Destiny, it is a little amazing how fast the scientists and other non military personnel are getting used to people dying and not seeming to notice.

Comment

Working...
                                X