This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Airlock View Post
    if they weren't scheduled to FTL jump so soon and Rush got the secret out sooner, they could have killed a ton of those bambi creatures and used the stasis pods to preserve them for future BBQs
    A FTL ship has refrigerators. We've seen them storing mashed purple potatoes in a refrigerated locker (Incursion).

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
      A FTL ship has refrigerators. We've seen them storing mashed purple potatoes in a refrigerated locker (Incursion).
      you can't long-term refrigerate meat. it would have to be properly sealed and frozen. otherwise the crew would get sick. if they used the stasis pods they could keep a few (whole) animals preserved for times when it's really needed. i'm not sure how exactly the stasis pods work in terms of non-human physiology, but they wouldn't even have to kill the animals on the planet. they could tranquilize them, transport them onto the Destiny and put them in the pods while they're alive -- that goes for any scenario where the crew is in a position to hunt game. maybe Destiny's refrigerators can't hold a bundle of full-sized animals -- especially in addition to the current contents they have aboard.... just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by senilegreen View Post
        Rush getting one up on Eli I enjoyed, but the rest of this episode left me feeling ... meh.

When I saw the forest at the beginning I thought of O'Neill's line about "what a verdant galaxy in which we live", which now can be rephrased as "what a verdant universe in which we live."

The whole food thing is still a hang up for me. These people should be skin and bones by now. Obviously the writers just don't care for dealing with real issues in their stories. Another is the assumption that the human body can digest living material which evolved on another planet, life which probably uses a slightly different set of amino acids than the fauna on Earth use.

There are enough love triangles on that ship now that even Pythagorus couldn't figure them out.

Oh well, only 5 more episodes to go, and many open doors through which the writers have peeked but through which we will never walk.
        I thought there was only 4 eps left after this one.
        Posting at.............
        http://godus.boards.net/

Comment

Originally posted by Graybrew1 View Post
          I thought there was only 4 eps left after this one.
          Their are 4 episode left

1.Common Descent
          2. Epilouge
          3. Blockade
          4. Gauntlet
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

This episode was a 7 ou of 10 for me.
            Volker trying to deny feelings that everyone else can see
            stasis pods
            use of the stargate.

dislikes:Young leaving Varro in charge of the hunt (even giving up his gun)

......... unnecessary deaths (imo this was done to manage the numbers on board probably so they would all have stasis pods in a later episode)

............hogwash about creature not attacking because it recognized sentient beings.....wtf......how many sentient beings have we come across but had no problem wiping them out.how many other sentient humans(we might even label them as savages and barbarians to justify genocide)have we wiped out right here on earth.......you invade the creature's turf u get attacked..simple as that.....invade a shark's turf and see if it don't have a barbecue with your body parts...

..............Chloe talking to Volker about relationship when she clearly knew that Eli was in love with her but pretended it wasn't there.......meh.

and as for Rush giving advice about reltionships....totally plausible......he was after all a Professor.........lots of professors constantly have women infatuated,stalking...or coming onto them.

Comment

OMG! Marsden died I'm gunna miss his one-line of dialouge every half-season

Comment

Varro -- last humanoid alien standing!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMann101 View Post
                  Varro -- last humanoid alien standing!
                  People, who wanted a Teal'c/Ronon-like member on the ship, got what they wanted. Enjoy it for the next four episodes.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                    People, who wanted a Teal'c/Ronon-like member on the ship, got what they wanted. Enjoy it for the next four episodes.
                    Technically Ginn is still alive
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                      Yes...its realistic to have a huge ring that works with control crystals to send people light years across the galaxy.
                      It is. Just for one reason. It's based on theoretical scientific facts.
                      Ain't that right?

Comment

I posted this in the vote thread but want to ask the same question here:

Was it me? Or was there a pretty noticeable continuity error? It went from light to night-time darkness and then back to light. They didn't exactly set up camp and there was no break in the action that would have passed that much time. In the beginning of the episode TJ said "6 hours before we jump." Unless that planet is on some crazy accelerated day/night schedule I just don't see how the remainder of the day, the whole night, and the following morning/afternoon passed by in "6 hours". Did I miss something?

Also, just a nitpick -- when Brody got trapped in the stasis pod and was freaking out -- it was completely overacted.

Eli, on the other hand was great this episode. He was an annoying little wus the past few episodes, but I liked him a lot in this one.
                        Last edited by Airlock; 13 April 2011, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                          At least two or three people died down there. Everyone would eat their fill, trust me.
                          or eat them
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
                            It is. Just for one reason. It's based on theoretical scientific facts.
                            Ain't that right?
                            Theories are just that...theories...not facts. Wormhole travel is based on theory. However, the rings, control crystals and formation of an artificial wormhole isn't.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                              Theories are just that...theories...not facts. Wormhole travel is based on theory. However, the rings, control crystals and formation of an artificial wormhole isn't.
                              That's y it's called science fiction

Comment

What's all this talk about Chloe not being insensitive? The girl might as well been giggling the entire time she was talking to the poor guy. She's the queen (princess?) of manipulating guys and her systematic breakdown of Eli was textbook in it's execution.

She practically led Volker to the wolves. If she could tell he was falling for Park, then how could she NOT have known Greer and Park have been bumping uglies for months? And lets be honest here, does anyone...ANYONE... think that Volker could get a woman away from Greer? Hell, if she was single he'd still be a longshot competing against the low frequency shaking of a loose wall panel.

Rush, while cruel, was at least trying to warn the guy off. Chloe on the other hand, decided she needed some entertainment.

Comment

Working...
                                X