Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Atlantis even exist in the SGU-verse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
    Speaking of Rodney, I didn't like how he decided to stare at Lt James. Yes it's classic Rodney, and it's also a nice reference to a McKay comment made in an earlier SGU episode but I had hoped they'd have expanded McKay a bit due to his relationship with Keller (must admit, I was looking for a wedding ring).
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one who didn't like the Lt James and McKay bit. And I also was looking for the ring.

Also, I don't think at all that the episode suggested SGA had never happened. Atlantis came to Earth and I guess everyone who was part of the mission continues working there or in SGC on something related to Atlantis or defence of Earth etc.
    Last edited by SammyRomie; 09 April 2011, 06:11 AM.
    sigpic
    *picture found on deviantART*

"Hey, I'm doctor Rodney McKay, alright? Difficult takes a few seconds, impossible...a few minutes."

Follow me on Twitter & instagram: @sammyromie
    My homepage: sammysautographs.weebly.com

Comment

No because they have metioned Atlantis before.

/Thread .

Comment

Right for a start 3 ori ships took out an entire fleet of combined forces from jaffa earth and lucian alliance when Earths ships got upgraded by azguard 1 single earth ship could take out multiple ori vessels fact. When earth got attacked by anubis he braught all his fleet the one ancient outpost in antarctica destroyed the whole fleet fact earth intergraded the azguard upgrades into other vessels with all earths ships and atlantis the lucian alliance wouldnt stand a chance this is earth we are talkin about who have defended against space attacks before they had hardly even masterd space travel and the point is the lucian alliance are nothing compared to gouald replicators ori wraith or any other threat they have faced not pointed at who i am replying to but reading some of these comments makes me wonder if a lot of you have even watched the show

Comment

Id just think that they would of temporaly forgot how much mc kay had grew as a person in atlantis and his relationship with keller seen as tho they just decided to leave the story unfinished they mayaswell of acted like sga never happend not happy with how sga and now sgu ended at all

Comment

And how could they use ori technology as the ori followers still have there technology they just dont believe in the ori anymore and if you watched the show you would know you need a Prior to fly an ori ship

Comment

Originally posted by Stormtrooper View Post
              Because, you know, both Woolsey and McKay seem to be the same characters they were on SG-1. It's like SGA never happened.
              Though I haven't been watching, I did see parts of this episode just to see McKay and Woolsey again. They seemed spot on to me. McKay has always been more interested in achieving goals regardless of morality. Woolsey has been a bureaucrat who would be friend or foe depending on the situation. He didn't grow into becoming this heroic leader until the fifth season of Atlantis. It's not surprising that he would slip back into bureaucratic mode now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemuro View Post
                I imagine that with Atlantis on Earth, both McKay and Woolsey resumed their previous Atlantis duties.

They have probably begun dismantling Atlantis and incorporating it throughout Earth.

But I admit, it is a bit odd seeing McKay back in civilian clothes.
                Most stupid and ignorant thing I've ever heard. Who in their right state of mind would dismantle a fully operational not to mention most powerful star ship.

Comment

They have probably begun dismantling Atlantis and incorporating it throughout Earth.
                  Originally posted by My5tiC4L View Post
                  Most stupid and ignorant thing I've ever heard. Who in their right state of mind would dismantle a fully operational not to mention most powerful star ship.
                  Burn the wicked witch!

Comment

I thought it was bigger in SG1, as S10 even had Shep giving a lemon to Mitchell (I think) in order to be used as a motivator. SGA never did that.
                    True, the Pegasus project did take place mostly in Atlantis..

Speaking of Rodney, I didn't like how he decided to stare at Lt James. Yes it's classic Rodney, and it's also a nice reference to a McKay comment made in an earlier SGU episode but I had hoped they'd have expanded McKay a bit due to his relationship with Keller (must admit, I was looking for a wedding ring).
                    You would have thought so, but who knows. Maybe Shep told Mccay what happened after the Last Man, so rodney changed his mind.

Atlantis never tried to protect Lantea. Don't know where you're getting that idea from. It only ever protected itself. Regardless, the Antarctic outpost could defend the entire planet, thus so can Atlantis if need be.
                    Go Re-watch the episode "Echos" The lanteans protected the entire planet against that solar flare to save the whales..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      True, the Pegasus project did take place mostly in Atlantis..

You would have thought so, but who knows. Maybe Shep told Mccay what happened after the Last Man, so rodney changed his mind.

Go Re-watch the episode "Echos" The lanteans protected the entire planet against that solar flare to save the whales..
                      True but the lanteans had lots of zpms which would of made that possible

Comment

True. BUT we have 3 in atlantis now.. Though can't remember their "fuel" status..

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                          He would, but he'd have likely never met McKay.
                          Sure? I'm not. Shep still would be a pilot at McMurdo and one of his jobs there was to carry the scientists from McMurdo to the outpost and back. The chance is high that they met each other.
                          Besides, Shep(p/h)(a/e)rd is not such a rare name in US. When Young did this comment it can be a Sheppard it doesn't has to be Shep.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                          Sig & Avi by Josi
                          sigpic
                          LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                          I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

It was pretty blurry, but when Telford, Woolsey, and McKay were in an office toward the beginning, I thought I saw an Atlantis Expedition patch on a wall decoration in the background too.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormtrooper View Post
                              Because, you know, both Woolsey and McKay seem to be the same characters they were on SG-1. It's like SGA never happened. What gives?
                              How is this even a question? SGA was spun off from SG-1's "Lost City." SGU was also spun off from SG-1, this time dealing with where the 9th chevron goes. The show was created and produced by the same people who made SG-1 and SGA. As for Woolsey and McKay's depictions in "Seizure" not matching their Atlantis portrayals, that would be the result of director Helen Shaver and writer Remi Aubuchon. Atlantis hasn't been retconned out of Stargate, it just doesn't have an impact on the story of SGU. That said, it would have been nice to have some dialogue references to Atlantis given there were two guest stars from that series.

Comment

i am sorry if i offend anyone but this is a silly question.
                                since i have understanded, the 9 chevron adress came from atlantis or info to find it came from atlantis. as i recall atlantis has both pegassus and milky way database adresses since on the episode of sg1 the pegassus proyect, the hologram faked by the ascended morgana lafey show on the holographic star map from the milky way 2 known adresses (before she was caught that was an ascended beeing not an hologram) where the merlin weapon could be located, so the adresses are there.

Comment

Working...
                                X