Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not think we are going to agree haha.

I would say you thinkg about McKay you kind of answered yourself. It is in his nature to do that sort of thing. It is a part of his character and people will act within character. Which is why i said (might have been whilst you were writing your reply) in a post just above yours that had there been characters that overlapped the SG1 Jonas time and our current time, or a character that had connections to Atlantis (like Sam) who had not been there for a while, unlike Woolsey or McKay and might need to talk on screen as they hadn't seen each other in a while, I think it would have been great to put a line or two in. But for a group of people who may never have met Jonas to mention him in conversation during such a serious time, I just couldn't believe. Like i also said, I would have rather they not mentioned Shep.

Had they stretched this episode out to maybe 2 episodes. Added something to show how the LA were talking to the Langarans, what had been communicated. Maybe something more about the satalites. Maybe delved more into the Perry Rush scenario and showed Eli trying to get it fixed and failing once or twice. Then showing them infultrating the Langarans base with the stones and shown what was happening between them and LA. Maybe shown the Langarans talking on board the Destiny so earth was showing them how important it was to get supplies here (maybe have Chloe talk to them as a diplomatic mission, apologising for the force needed)

And during this much longer series of events, then work in some down time where maybe Eli and McKay could have spoken about Atlantis, or somehow Jonas could have been brought up.
    Last edited by traylormatt; 05 April 2011, 07:32 AM. Reason: Addition

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
      soooo everyone was ok with rush getting himself some lovin?
      You bet!

ETA: I absolutely loved this episode. So far in 2.5 it'a a toss up betweenthis and "Twin Destinies."
      Last edited by Perelandra; 05 April 2011, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Nothing wrong with getting some loving. Eli had the same idea, but Ginn was obviously smart enough to see the dangers involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Pecisk View Post
          Screwing over "allies" which are probably making a deal with people who tried to nuke city with several million people? And I didn't say that it was right decision to make, but looking over, Telford had a very clear reason to be very angry and suspicious. He was nearly killed for frack sake, as several million people.
          Sorry, missed your post...

Telford can be angry all he wants, it wasn't his call.
          And please simply don't go how you don't buy that LA is serious enemy. It is now. Show says so. Just because you fixate on SG-1 view on them it doesn't mean that they are now fracking serious about their intents. They are now. "Alliances". In fact, making LA as "Al Queda" type of enemy is perfect twist from original series which I love.
          Ignoring what has come before and accepting they are the galactic 'al queda' doesn't change anything to me. Whatever threat they were or weren't they are still going to be that same threat months from now if Earth had waited. As it stands now, LA tried to negotiate, Earth took the facilities by force. With O'neill's approval. (that part really bugs me.) As I said in my first post? "We don't need their stuff, we need them".
          About weapon - how can you be so sure? Destiny is old, that's quite sure, but it is only one with several secrets. It is not unpopular to discover nightmarish ways to destroy life just to abandon it later.
          Other than logic, I can't. It predates Atlantis by far, therefore... and logic also tells it doesn't seem to be a threat to the MW anytime soon if there is a weapon.
          It is also outpost of Ancient knowledge, with all it's limitess info about Ascension, thousand galaxies, resources, etc. You can't also easily drive them out if they get a stronghold there. Should I go on?
          I don't know that it has any information about Ascension in it. I think it might predate that. And again, logic dictates its knowledge is outdated compared to the Atlantis database.
          Because they suspected that LA have already made pact with Langarans. They had lot of facts to chew on. I can easily see how military and political leadership gave accept for this mission. It was very urgent, as Earth team on Destiny wouldn't withstand other attack.
          Again, the threat posed by the LA would be the same now as it would be a few months from now. Langarans were either going to let earth use it or not. If they were to allow earth to use it, the LA could attack just the same. If the langarans made a deal with the LA, earth would need to destroy the facilities just the same. It made no sense to force the issue.

Comment

well it was good to see langara survive the Ori occupation.

however i thik that corin nemec should have guest starred. Jonas quinn was a member of sg-1 and deserves atleats some tv time on sgu before it goes

the producers want to forget about jonas because daniel leaving was a mistake but i thought that jonas did a good job especially could of came in handy when jack left and daniel tried to fill the comic relief role which i beleive failed miserably.

i loved that phrase they dont build them like they used too. I actually kinda wish their was atleast a small shootout but this episode was really more dialogue than anything else but that is stargate its a scifi drama.

sooo it was a good episode that should have included Jonas quinn nuff said
            sigpicWELCOME TO END OF THE WORLD.....IM AM OZZYMANDIAS KING OF KINGS LOOK UPON MY WORKS YE MIGHTY AND DESPAIR

Comment

To all of the people complaining about the lack of mention of Jonas or the Atlantis situation: did you ever consider that these were originally in the episode but they had to be cut because the episode was running over?

Joe Mallozzi said on his blog that Jonas would get a mention in "Seizure", but he didn't; this implies that either he was lying, or that the scene was cut. I think that the latter is far more likely, especially given the fact that this kind of thing happens very often (all of the TJ flashbacks had to be cut from next weeks episode, "The Hunt", after all). Mallozzi also said that they would have to rewrite a little bit of the Extinction script to take into account that it would now take place years after Atlantis, implying that there must have been a mention of Atlantis in "Seizure", otherwise they would not have needed to rewrite it.

And the whole thing about, "Oh, why couldn't Earth just wait the couple of months?" "Oh, why did they need to take the facility when the Alliance weren't a real threat?" was all explained; firstly, Homeworld Command had no idea that the Langaran government was actively trying to protect their alliance with Earth. For all Woolsey and Telford knew, the Alliance could have come to an agreement with the Langarans that would allow them to attack Destiny whenever they wanted. This is why the urgent seizure of the facility was necessary.

And to those saying that the Lucians are not a real threat: why let an attack happen, and risk people dying (as happened last time), when you can prevent it AND gain a supply line to Destiny AND stop the Lucians gaining more influence in the Milky Way?

Comment

it was a good episode, but it just felt very anti climatic by the end tbh. i was expecting much more to be perfectly honest. I would have liked the b story with Rush to have been moved to another episode, and more time beefing up the Langara story. A missed opportunity tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil 37 View Post
                  And the whole thing about, "Oh, why couldn't Earth just wait the couple of months?" "Oh, why did they need to take the facility when the Alliance weren't a real threat?" was all explained; firstly, Homeworld Command had no idea that the Langaran government was actively trying to protect their alliance with Earth. For all Woolsey and Telford knew, the Alliance could have come to an agreement with the Langarans that would allow them to attack Destiny whenever they wanted. This is why the urgent seizure of the facility was necessary
                  The Langaran's asked for Earth to defend them from the Alliance. Earth could of easily agreed to that proposal with some conditions attached (Such as keeping a permanent presence on Langara & letting Mckay discuss with their scientists to prove that dialling the 9th chevron is safe). They didn't explore several others options.

To me the episode was somewhat predictable, I didn't feel any suspense. We have also not seen the Rush & Perry relationship enough to care about it, so I didn't really care much about the B plot (which felt more like the A plot). It has only been 1 episode since Ginn & Perry were uploaded to the ships computer, because of that I'm not really sad that they're basically gone.

Was nice seeing Mckay again but I went into this episode with high expectations and I was disappointed.
                  Last edited by Tanith0709; 05 April 2011, 09:21 AM.

Comment

I liked this episode. Mostly because Eli and Mckay chattering^^

What I don't get, am I wrong but did not earth only helped the Langara Guys? I mean first meeting and Daniel is dead. After stealing a bit of the Naquadriah and getting Jonas Earth helped them several times, they nearly blowed themself up and Earth fought against Anubis, while SG1 fought they betrayed them so when did the Langarans helped us? Don't get me wrong maybe I do not remember.

Comment

I was completely confused about Telford's offer. It left me wondering what happened to the city of Atlantis? Did Telford really ask Dr. McKay to leave Atlantis. Rodney never even mentioned Atlantis when Telford put the offer on the table. I would bring it up if I was still stationed at the Ancient city. Again, the interaction left me wondering what happened to the city

Comment

My favorite part was Mandy talking about her innocent mistake. And Rush trying to convince her that he loves her. He believes himself. You can love someone so much. But it not be as much as you love someone else. If only subconsciously. Wait. Not everything revolves around me. I shut up.
                        sigpic
                        Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
                        O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
                        Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
                        O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

A nice little episode, lots of great stuff in both the A and B stories, really nice seeing a more friendly side of Rush. I also loved how they used the Stones to gain control of the base, Woolsey was awesome here, played it so cool. Guess it also confirms his back with the Earth based IOA rather than leading Atlantis? Maybe Sheppard or Teyla is in charge? Just a shame Earth had to come off as the bad guys here, but guess that's a fairly accurate description LOL

Would have been nice to get a few more references to some more of the old stuff, happy Sheppard got a mention, and it seems like he knows Young. Maybe McKay could have made a brief mention about Atlantis something like "meh, Destinies cool, but I prefer my Ancient ship", or "A bit more rusty than Atlantis, but I like it... atleast its dry". He could have even said it when Telford invited him to the Destiny, McKay "its more the not being able to return part", Telford "Never stopped you going to Atlantis", McKay, "True, although now I have a girlfriend", followed by a strange look from Telford.
                          A line about Jonas would also have been some nice fan service, maybe he could have been the head scientist looking over McKay's data? He knows basic Earth Science anyways.

Overall a fun episode linking all three shows together. Nice to see both McKay and Woolsey again, shame Woolsey never got to see the Destiny though, him a Ming are long overdue a chat.

Finally, the best line comes from Mckay "well to you we are from future".
                          Last edited by MechaThor; 05 April 2011, 10:45 AM.
                          sigpic
                          Banner Made By Me for Me
                          The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by dacooker View Post
                            It's weird Corin Nemec was quoted as saying he dusted the boots off an character for the third series in the franchise. How could that not mean SGU?
                            i heard this too (well from on here). maybe theres a deleted scene...
                            sigpic

Comment

What was that!!!!!!!!
                              I'm so disappointed. Just when the episode was over, I found myself saying "You have got to be kidding me"
                              What was that!!!!!!!!
                              All that time I've been waiting and that's what I get. Waiting since the beginning of this season.
                              No wonder syfy cancelled it. I really wanted it to be improved and handled better, but looks like they can't. A good idea, but not handled well.
                              First of all, Y Mckay????
                              Carter would have done it better and faster. Mckay is good but not as good.
                              Second, even though I liked the idea of using the stone to infiltrate Langara, but this is not Earth. Not how they do things. I can't believe O'Neill approved of that. No tolerance in abuse of technology.
                              What was that!!!!!!!!!!
                              Third, the Rush we know would never do what he did. Not even for love. He has always been rational and considering every possibility. Also Mandy would never suppress Ginn that way or anyone else. Not to hide a mistake and not for anything else.
                              Fourth, they had gone that far and infiltrated Langara, they might have well got on with it and dialed destiny.
                              Fifth, why isn't Jonas back???? He could have helped them by convincing the government.
                              What was that!!!!!!!!!

The only thing I liked in that episode was Eli's desicion to quarantine Ginn and Mandy. Anyone in their place can accidentally do deadly mistakes.

I'm really fed up with SGU now. They should do something good to be remembered well and to be missed. IMO, the best thing to do is to kill someone of the main cast. The ones that we like. Maybe Greer, but Greer's death could somewhat be expected. An unexpected death would be much better just like Riley's and Frasier's deaths.

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                                i heard this too (well from on here). maybe theres a deleted scene...
                                Or maybe/hopefully he will pay a surprise visit in a later episode?

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
                                First of all, Y Mckay????
                                Carter would have done it better and faster. Mckay is good but not as good.
                                Carter has a ship to command, she's not the on-hand Science girl she use to be, she's first and foremost a military leader. She only got the Science stuff done, because she was there at the time to do it while on SG-1, that was her role then. In Atlantis she let Rodney and Zelenka work without much interference.

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
                                Second, even though I liked the idea of using the stone to infiltrate Langara, but this is not Earth. Not how they do things. I can't believe O'Neill approved of that. No tolerance in abuse of technology.
                                What was that!!!!!!!!!!
                                Earth can't always be the good guys, we are not the Nox, we are not perfect (we are young).
                                Earth needed to act fast, and desperate times called for desperate measures. It did make us look like bad guys, but they can't hate us to much, I mean we did save them from the Ori & Anubis, that's two big win points! Plus O'Neill was not always the voice or moral conciseness, that was Daniels role.
                                Last edited by MechaThor; 05 April 2011, 11:18 AM.
                                sigpic
                                Banner Made By Me for Me
                                The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X