Chloe's Abilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
    Rush has stated that yes, the Blues have been following destiny for a while and are obsessed with it. They did catch up to Destiny again and again during the crew's stay. They were willing to follow Destiny to the edge of that galaxy. Does that mean that it's a fact that they could continue through the void? No. It just means that, on the very doorstep of the galaxy, they could peek their heads out the door. On a map, the galaxy's end may look like a clear line, but in reality, I'm thinking there's a whole lot of wiggle room and a Blues ship could be standing on the doorstep. It doesn't make them capable of intergalactic travel. About using James to damage the FTL, I'm not completely sold on that being how it happened. The crew GUESSED that's what happened. I agree that they wouldn't want to risk destroying something they wanted that badly, but if we're going to put human motives to an alien species, you may as well include the human reaction of destroying something so that no one else can have it either.
    Ya thats true enough, though given the blues obsession and from what it looks like they're spending their lives following Destiny.. it would seem that following Destiny to another galaxy wouldn't be an issue
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Maybe they can follow Destiny, maybe they can't... maybe they infected Chloe because they knew Destiny was leaving their galaxy, and wanted someone "on the inside" who would order the ship to turn around and go back so they could have another chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashman View Post
        Maybe Chloe activated some ZPM or the self destruct of the seed ship?
        The seed ships and Destiny predate that technology, and I HIGHLY doubt that the ships surrounding Destiny's mission (Destiny and the seed ships) have any sort of self destruct, due to the sensitivity and importance of the mission.

Originally posted by pipi View Post
        Whatever Chloe does, it would have to save Destiny otherwise the series would end, duh.
        It doesn't have to be Chloe. Any one of them, especially if they work together, is capable of saving Destiny.

Originally posted by dgh64 View Post
        Maybe they can follow Destiny, maybe they can't... maybe they infected Chloe because they knew Destiny was leaving their galaxy, and wanted someone "on the inside" who would order the ship to turn around and go back so they could have another chance.
        If they were capable of following Destiny, don't you think they would have? I really like the idea of them having her turn the ship around.

Comment

Maybe they can follow Destiny but they know they don't need to, because they know she'll turn it around for them.

Comment

Maybe they can follow Destiny but they know they don't need to, because they know she'll turn it around for them.
            Well, that is a possibility. However, Destiny will not be turning around and going back to that galaxy. It's not the point of the story. The blue threat has come and gone. They are not a threat to us now. When Bhlue doesn't turn the ship around, it'll be too late for them to follow even if they could.

Comment

When they found the Shuttle from the Blues, it showed a pretty good Starmap of the Galaxy and Destiny´s Course.

Giving the continuation consistency of SGU, I am pretty sure that Scene wasn´t a mistake. Eli even followed the map.

So this is not really possible if the Blues aren´t from that Galaxy, or have Highly superior Sensor Tech than the Ancient.

Still, it is not out of the Questions if they cant fly between Galaxy´s. TPTB can write that any way they want and we have to go with it.

Chloes transformation begun after her abduction and first showed by understanding Alien writings better. Maybe they didnt expect Chloe to bust out, but they had Rush. As it seems they havent done anything quite so serious to him, but he had a lot of knowledge and they had devices to access it. So messing up Chloe wasnt that much of a deal. They tried to turn her into one of them to understand the apparent Creators of Destiny better.
              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
              There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                When they found the Shuttle from the Blues, it showed a pretty good Starmap of the Galaxy and Destiny´s Course.

Giving the continuation consistency of SGU, I am pretty sure that Scene wasn´t a mistake. Eli even followed the map.

So this is not really possible if the Blues aren´t from that Galaxy, or have Highly superior Sensor Tech than the Ancient.

Still, it is not out of the Questions if they cant fly between Galaxy´s. TPTB can write that any way they want and we have to go with it.

Chloes transformation begun after her abduction and first showed by understanding Alien writings better. Maybe they didnt expect Chloe to bust out, but they had Rush. As it seems they havent done anything quite so serious to him, but he had a lot of knowledge and they had devices to access it. So messing up Chloe wasnt that much of a deal. They tried to turn her into one of them to understand the apparent Creators of Destiny better.
                I like where the bottom part is going, except for the reasoning of understanding the Ancients better. They care why the Ancients made it more than who made the Destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                  The void between galaxies is ALWAYS bigger then galaxies, thats a constant intrinsicly required by a galaxy to exist. Its just how the universe is, notice Im not assuming anything about destinys speed, but have information on how long it takes to cross some distances which we can apply to others based on information we know. Plus your not giving any information at all to the opposite you just seem to be claiming that Im wrong (based on nothing) in my very very logical assumption that Destiny crosses through a galaxy in a relatively short period of time.
                  I'm giving no information because I know their is not enough to show if the Blues are capable of transversing. We don't know the size of the galaxies, the size of the void, the speed of Destiny, the speed of the Blues. Too many unknowns. It wasn't so much claiming you're wrong just their is not enough information to prove or disproved
                  Okay facts
                  We know the blues have been following Destiny for some time and are obsessed with it.
                  True
                  We know that Rush was picked up on a planet behind Destiny and the same ship later caught up with Destiny in a short period of time
                  No we don't. We do not know where their planet was relative to Destiny's position in Justice and then later when meeting Space.
                  We know they caught up with them once again following the tracker in Rushs chest again in a short period of time
                  No we don't. We don't know how many Blues their are and what is their terrority. Their is nothing to prove the Blues in Divided are the same ones in Space
                  We know they were willing to follow Destiny out into the void between galaxies, i.e. they have FTLs capable of crossing that distance in a reasonable amount of time
                  Nope. We know the Blues were willing to chase after Destiny from that planet Eli, Chloe and Scott came from to the Destiny that was barely in the void.
                  We know they were able to use James to damage their FTL, it would seem to imply they have some knowledge of Destinys engines and FTL as a whole, they wouldn't want to risk destroying the ship.
                  All that tells us they are knowledgable with engines that travel throught which is kind of obvious since its known the Blues have space travel
                  Based on those facts what is your conclusion? the simplest answer is that the blues have engines just as fast, or maybe just slightly slower then Destinys plain and simple.
                  That you made a lot of inferrences and assumptions. Sure they could be true but they also have a probablity of being wrong.

It kinda does, we know nothing about it, and have no idea whats going on with the infection, having them return seems to be the simplest and only way to learn more about the infection or whatever it is, plus Chloe saying that they'll be back is kinda a plot point that they still aren't safe from them, like leaving the blues just like that is bad bad writing. They'll be back
                  Simplest maybe but its not the only way to solve it. Chloe saying they will be back was in S1 when they were in the Blues galaxy. That isn't the case anymore. Thier is nothing in S2 in this galaxy says the Blues are threating them. I don't know how Chloe's diease will be solved but the Blues fixing it isn't the only way besides the Blues hostile nature seems makes it unlikely they would help.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by sgc View Post
                    I like where the bottom part is going, except for the reasoning of understanding the Ancients better. They care why the Ancients made it more than who made the Destiny.
                    As I said, the apparent Creators. They suddenly found People on the apparently unmaned ship. For normal logic, that would mean that those People are connected to the ones who built that Ship.

So messing with Chloe would be for them, to turning one of the Creators. They could not have known that we have been there by accident.
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_5124 View Post
                      So what do you guys think that Chloe did at that consul after she escaped?
                      She activated Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.

Comment

Then why would she say "It's too late."??? You don't save the day and then say "It's too late", you say "Wooo I did it!"
                        Yup. No say "its too late" if it is good... unless it was a warning.

Then you say "Oh crap, what did I just do?" or "Where am I and why are you pointing your gun at me, Scott?" But she said "It's too late." She knew she had just done something bad.
                        I am surprised with how scott has been 'backing off' so far, he was unwilling to shoot..

So what do you guys think that Chloe did at that consul after she escaped?
                        She tweeted to the blues she and scott are no longer an item, she is fair game now~!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          No we don't. We do not know where their planet was relative to Destiny's position in Justice and then later when meeting Space.
                          Destiny goes in the same general direction through space. In Justice they left Rush behind, and then later that planet was no longer in range of Destiny's gate. That means we moved farther away from it, and so did the ship carrying Rush.

Simplest maybe but its not the only way to solve it. Chloe saying they will be back was in S1 when they were in the Blues galaxy. That isn't the case anymore. Thier is nothing in S2 in this galaxy says the Blues are threating them. I don't know how Chloe's diease will be solved but the Blues fixing it isn't the only way besides the Blues hostile nature seems makes it unlikely they would help.
                          Every intro includes the words "Everyone thinks we're safe, they think they'll never find us again... we're not safe, are we?" along with a shot of a Smurf snarling at Scott. I doubt the writers would put that in if we had left them behind for good.

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                          As I said, the apparent Creators. They suddenly found People on the apparently unmaned ship. For normal logic, that would mean that those People are connected to the ones who built that Ship.

So messing with Chloe would be for them, to turning one of the Creators. They could not have known that we have been there by accident.
                          They were probing Rush's mind, so yes they could know that.

Comment

Destiny goes in the same general direction through space. In Justice they left Rush behind, and then later that planet was no longer in range of Destiny's gate. That means we moved farther away from it, and so did the ship carrying Rush.

Every intro includes the words "Everyone thinks we're safe, they think they'll never find us again... we're not safe, are we?" along with a shot of a Smurf snarling at Scott. I doubt the writers would put that in if we had left them behind for good.

They were probing Rush's mind, so yes they could know that.
                            The location of Destiny tells us nothing where the wormhole went. Yes Destiny was out of range of the planet but it tells us nothing when traveling in FTL was passing the planet and then out of range or if it always flew out of range.

The intro is to show the general premise what has gone so far. The Blues were a significant part of S1 so it makes sense for them to be in the intro. You'll notice the intro mentions the Lucian Alliance coming as well. And since they already here....
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              The location of Destiny tells us nothing where the wormhole went. Yes Destiny was out of range of the planet but it tells us nothing when traveling in FTL was passing the planet and then out of range or if it always flew out of range.
                              I see. So you're saying the planet in Justice was ahead of Destiny, maybe right at the edge of gate range, and then we flew past it and later stopped, now with the planet behind Destiny just out of gate range. The blues, going significantly slower, left the planet shortly after Destiny jumped and we actually caught up with them. That makes sense, actually.

Comment

there is one big mistake here:

everyone conveniently forgets that every second we are out in normal space, anyone in FTL is quickly catching up with us. the Blues might be slower (but we don't know that since they might've planned the attack first before they left, and repaired their ships), but when we're out of FTL, well they're catching up really fast.

since it appears you go faster with longer distances in FTL, a Blue Mothership would catch up pretty fast if it stayed in constant FTL when we're out now and then.

Comment

Working...
                                X