Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the point of the shuttle stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think they brought it back for later episodes, i was actually hoping it wouldnt play a big part in this episode, i didnt want it to be like they just made an episode and shoved it in just in time .
    ''It's not what you have, it's how you use it.''

Comment

Yep.

Which makes the shuttle trip all the more pointless as a plot device. There was no need to extend the damage Destiny was taking. A few drones targeting the engines and bam, they're damaged. *Shrug*
      They'd have to know where to aim. If anything, they were lucky to hit the FTL Drive before Destiny could jump into FTL.

Comment

the shuttle stuff was their original plan. namely getting onboard, finding useful stuff and bringing it back on board.

of course that didn't go well. the point is that it was the point of going there in the first place!

Comment

While I did hope they'd at least see something interesting on the ursini ship ( at least a corpse ) the fact the shuttle trip didnt do anything worthwhile did not bother me. I watch the show to be entertained ( and I was ), not to nitpick

Destiny's shields are strong ( it could hold under bombardement from the blue's for something like an hour before they jumped ), but those drone weapons are ridiculously powerfull. Saw the simulation destiny put together? 0.o Poor Ursini.. they sent in 5 big ships, drones fly past once and the're all destroyed.

Comment

The shuttle trip was indeed totally uninteresting by itself. They could have at least discovered some background info on the owners of these ships, but even the events that lead to the giant debris field were figured out from Destiny itself. I as a viewer expect some kind of utility in the scenes I'm watching and a pay off for watching them. Here the only thing that shuttle trip did was delay Destiny. Fine, but it would have been a lot more interesting if they ALSO had actually discovered something useful on the ship itself. It needn't have been something directly tied to the plot of the episode because that would be too SGAesque, but at least some interesting information for the backdrop of the show was very warranted. I did not get the feeling of receiving a payoff for watching the shuttle trip. It's not the first time this happens on SGU either
            I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Maybe I'm crazy but I swear greer brought something back with him it looked like he was looking at something.

Comment

The trailer has a shot where they're looking at an object that looks like one of those drones, but it wasn't in the episode. I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be from this episode though, so maybe it got cut for time?

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
                  *snippity snip*They could have at least discovered some background info on the owners of these ships, but even the events that lead to the giant debris field were figured out from Destiny itself.*more snippage*
                  If they had been able to find out any info on the ship's owners they would have found out that things are not QUITE how the Ursini have made them out to be. If they had found that out then they wouldn't have followed the Ursini like naive little kids believing everything they learned through a strange neural interface.
                  "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
                  - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Specter177 View Post
                    From a writing standpoint, if the shuttle wasn't out there, they would have just jumped Destiny the moment the drones attacked. The shuttle was used to give them a reason to stay until the FTL drives were damaged. If the FTL were'nt damaged there would be no conflict, and thus, no episode.
                    Yup.. No reason to stay, no space battle, no conflict...

Destiny's shields are anything but strong. They fail so quickly of late they're nearly pointless.
                    With the ship operating with only 40% power capacity, i can easily understand this..

Comment

Originally posted by BadOnion View Post
                      That went nowhere at all, totally unnecessary. I figured after the relatively lame excuse to get it back, it would serve some real need in this episode. Tonight I was hoping it might be destroyed, leaving the guys stranded on that ship or something. That would have been great. But nothing. Bunch of phony tension leading nowhere. More like after last week they just felt obligated to use the shuttle for something.

The episode was ok, but I'm always disappointed when they try to do a "big" episodes. They never turn out as good as they should be.
                      So they could reuse the Ursini ship set from The Greater Good?
                      Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Originally posted by Solokiller View Post
                        The trailer has a shot where they're
                        Spoiler:
                        looking at an object that looks like one of those drones,
                        but it wasn't in the episode. I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be from this episode though, so maybe it got cut for time?
                        I was wondering about that one, too. Maybe from episode 11, then?
                        sigpic

Comment

I honestly don't know why people are expecting every single potential plot point to have some kind of pay off.
                          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                            I honestly don't know why people are expecting every single potential plot point to have some kind of pay off.
                            Because we have the power to flip the channel to shows that do offer us the cheap thrills we so desparately crave?
                            I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                              I was wondering about that one, too. Maybe from episode 11, then?
                              I guess you guys be talking about this?
                              Spoiler:

http://i52.tinypic.com/2h3ve9x.png
                              Storywise it doesn't seem to fit in Resourgence. I guess it's from Deliverance and whoever did the trailer screwed it up, or maybe did it on purpose.
                              Last edited by Gatz; 01 December 2010, 10:50 AM. Reason: Huuuuuuuuuuuuuge pic

Comment

Yup, that's the one.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X