This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zainea13 View Post
    I like the fact he wants to "fight on even grounds," and I really like greer, and that he was standing up for Park to Simeon, but it came across as cheesy to me. That scene. Kinda would have liked to see some argumentation there. Simeon just kinda backs down like the nerd being bullied lol.
    I think Simeon got exactly what he was after there - he's testing the crew, trying to identify weak points and character flaws he can use to his advantage. This little exchange told him something very valuable: he can remove Greer from the equation simply by pocketing a weapon and taunting him into a "fair fight" with no one else around, and Greer will fall for it.

Comment

As far as the Sharon & Camille thing goes, last season we were shown how strong their relationship was towards the beginning and how versatile Sharon could be. But anyone that has ever been in a long distance relationship knows its very stressful just anticipating the possible awkwardness after not seeing someone for a long amount of time, add to it not knowing what body they are going to be in and its bound to be torturous. Seeing the distance growing between the two of them during this visit and also how hard Sharon was hitting the bottle only shows me that its all going to come crumbling down. I bet Sharon suicides before the season is over. (Unless somehow they do get a wormhole going to earth.)

Comment

This ep wasn't as good as the previous three. Felt like a mostly set up ep. It drug in places, but it still had some great parts to make up for that. But it was much, much better than most of the other stone eps from S1.

Loved:

- Rush using Chloe as a cover. Awesome! Chloe finally has a purpose.

- Rush pretending to cure her and holding it over her to get her to help him. Don't see how they can keep up the cover though with her continuing to black out...unless she goes full alien. I guess the random stops will still be blamed on whatever they thought she did before being "cured".

- Rush telling the ship/Franklin to either help or shut up. Rush is Baltar 2.0 except more calculating, but Baltar was still far more entertaining on BSG.

- Rush's hallway. The first thing I thought of was Fred doing the same thing on Angel.

Liked:

- The non-use of a song at the end of the ep....thankfully.

- RC did a nice job directing the ep.

- Eli/mom stuff. I am hoping this means that we are essentially done with stone stories for him as that's all been nicely resolved.

- Varro/Simeon conversation. Patiently waiting for the upcoming Simeon ep to see how this all shakes out with him.

- Greer basically giving Young a wtf are you doing letting the LA out and about. Don't want to be the soldiers having to waste their day babysitting these guys.

Meh:

- Wray/Sharon. I get that this was basically mirroring what was going on with Eli's mom, with Sharron's excessive drinking to cope, but I got that in the very first scene when Wray eyed the wine glass. I hope this ep essentially resolved their storyline and that's the last we see of the stone use for Wray, for this purpose anyway. This was the biggest drag on the ep, but at least the scenes were short.

Knowing this was a stone story ep, I skipped the first showing on Skiffy and watched the Rangers/Yankee baseball game instead. Go Rangers!
        Last edited by LoneStar1836; 20 October 2010, 09:44 AM.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

I like the fact he wants to "fight on even grounds," and I really like greer, and that he was standing up for Park to Simeon, but it came across as cheesy to me. That scene. Kinda would have liked to see some argumentation there. Simeon just kinda backs down like the nerd being bullied lol.
          He wasn't simply standing up for Park. He was standing up as well for the non-military folks who also happened to be standing up for Park. His "people". Also it wasn't as if he came across as some jealous lover. He didn't get overly physical with the man, kept the right approach. Last season the writers would have Lt James and TJ pull Greer off the guy and tell Greer to go to his room without supper. I appreciated this time they let Greer handle the situation professionally without making him to some wild animal.

And if you think Simeon came across kind of like some nerd being bullied, then you got a total different impressio from that second scene than I did. Simeon simply decided this wasn't the time and place for a fight. He's not trying to be sent back into 24-hour captivity

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
            The Blues are changing Chloe into a Hok'Taur

What's with the mixed Ancient and Blue symbols in her diary?
            Translation... Thats what shouted out my mouth when I saw it... I saw the Ancient letters then paused it an stared at the curvy looking things next to them.

Comment

Originally posted by AndSoItBegins View Post
              He wasn't simply standing up for Park. He was standing up as well for the non-military folks who also happened to be standing up for Park. His "people".
              I agree with this. When Simeon said "Is she yours?", I more than half expected Greer to say "They're all mine." He was defending Volker and the others just as much as Park, I think.
              sigpic
              Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                Rush - I have to wonder... he was with the aliens far longer than Chloe. So I wonder if they did something to him, too. Something more subtle, that is probably affecting his judgment and making him act this way. It kinda reminds me of Garibaldi on Babylon 5, and how Bester just modified his attitude a tiny bit. Enhanced his paranoia. I suppose those open-minded about the character will actually see and consider that there might be something more going on. Or if they'll just stick to having blinders on.
                Nice. So those who tries to rationalize Rush's increasingly indecent behavior with alien influences is being open minded while those who thinks that what he's doing right now is completely consistent with his character (that he will do anything to accompish a goal) has "blinders" on?

How about the other way around - that those who are willing to use anything to justify Rush's behavior besides seeing that perhaps that's just the kind of man he is are the ones who are blind?

Or maybe we can just stop using "blinders" or "open minded" as a way to dismiss others' opinions?

Of course, if the rest of the crew can't figure anything out without him, then it pretty much makes Rush right, anyway. Cold, hard truth. And I predict that Rush will finally tell them about the bridge, and everyone, while being a little upset, will realize he was right all along and that they have to work together. He realizes that very few will actually see what's best for themselves.

It's gonna be amusing watching certain people's reactions here when that happens, hehe.
                Well, Rush seems to have troubles figuring out stuff too, so he blackmailed recruited Chloe, who seems to be able to figure out stuff much faster than he can, so I guess ultimately it makes her right. Or, since she's under the influences of the Blues, it actually makes them right. Cold, hard truth.

Everything makes so much more sense now.

I have no doubt that the crew will eventually cooperate and go along with the mission, considering that it's been talked about for months that it's of "cosmic importance" - but the crux of the matter lies in how angry the crew gets, doesn't it? I predict that they will be a bit more than a "little upset" given what Rush has done "behind the scenes", so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                  and no deaths althought part of me expected to see eli's mom drop dead at the end of the ep.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Also when after I thought Rush could not sink any lower he is using a person who is in danger medically to further his own goals. The sickness of using Chloe to solve his math problems which I can only assume are related to the bridge at the risk of her own health. Not to mention framing her for things he himself has done. I guess if Rush gets by it doesn't matter who gets hurt (I admit that is a little of an exagerration). As for the end its a little 70/30 Rush to Chloe to blame. Yes we can fault Chloe for not telling the others she is still infected but its still Rush using her fear of no freedom to understand the bridge more.
                  Wanna bet that some Rush Defenders will find a way to blame Young for this?

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                  the only thing i'm getting tired of is the rush bridge game.... blah. i refuse to believe the crew hasn't figured out that he broke the code.

so snnoying
                  I agree. I was so sure that this time Young & Co finally caught on...such disappintment. I hope the writers won't draw it out for much longer.

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                  Why not put a tok'ra in Eli's Mom, or a symbiote. That'll cure her. After watching 15 years of Stargate, the realism kinda goes out the window for me. Thankfully in this day and age HIV is not an automatic death sentence. So they portrayed that nicely.
                  Symbiote? You do remember what happened when Adrian Conrad tried that approach, don't you?

As for the Tok'ra, I don't think it's that simple. For one, we have no idea what is the state of current relations between the Tok'ra and Earth. How many people, except Jacob Carter, did volunteer to be a host? It's a huge decision that affects the rest of your life. Eli's mom doesn't strike me as a person who'd abandon her life on Earth to live in an alien society on another planet, and that's exactly what accepting a Tok'ra symbiote means. Finally, now that the System Lords are gone in no small part thanks to the Tok'ra, we don't know how people in the galaxy react to them. Maybe they no longer have problems with finding new hosts?

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                  What was that stuff that Teal'c used to take? That was used to replace his immunity system. As you know HIV/AIDS is a Immune deficiency virus. So problem solved.
                  Not really. IMO arguing about means to gain Tretonin to cure people is quite silly, mainly because Tretonin was never meant to cure people. It was created to help the Jaffa, and the Jaffa are an alien race. Another alien race. Why would something design specifically for alien physiology work on human body?

Originally posted by Sairnath View Post
                  Well the Young/Lucian Alliance angle has me completely lost. In one week we went from "Enjoy your cage your never getting out" to personal quarters for all. It just doesnt make any sense to me. Young hated the LA with every fiber of his existance and now things are OK?
                  I think it's because of Telford. He called Young on his behaviour and bad decisions, told him to either shape up or step down and finally asked him to take care of his people, and IMO Young took it seriously. Following HWS' orders, doing what Wray asked him to do - and what happens to be the most reasonable thing to do, because he really can't keep them locked up forever - is Young's way to do just that.

The scene with Greer and Simeon, I get it Greer is mad that Simeon was rude to Park, but it was kinda cheesy.
                  Tbh I didn't read it as Greer defending Park's honour, but, as others said, him standing up for his people. He sees Simeon as a threat and he just walked into situation where Simeon was clearly at odds with a civilian scientists, so he took necessary action. Besides IMO his clear distrust and animosity towards LA cloured his reaction too.

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee;1199820
                  The more Rush lies and manipulates, the more I like him. Not because I like to lie and manipulate... I just think it makes a great character on a tv show :) Though I've noticed that the more he lies and manipulates, the more I want him to think of a way to think of a good way to lie and manipulate his way out of it when he finally gets busted... and he [I
                  will [/I]get busted eventually. That's just how good RC has been at making the unlikable character likable I guess.
                  Yep, that's how I feel too. In season 1 I couldn't warm up to Rush at all, but now in season 2 I like him more and more, precisely because he's turning out to be such SOB.

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                  Huge kudos on your read of Greer. Like Wray and Sharon, I think Greer takes a lot of stick for the way he conducts himself but yes, he's fascinating in his various uses of a clear authority, with or without a weapon. When you add it to his awareness about the crew as people, it just deepens him.
                  Exactly. That's why I'm a Greer fan!

Originally posted by Furliciousy2k9 View Post
                  And also how they used the stones in this ep was in a way I could find ok and also answered some curiosities that I find lacked to some extent in SG-1 and a bit less in SGA - what do people do on their time off?
                  Actually, many episodes of SG-1 explained what SG-1 members liked to do in ther time off and we saw quite a lot of their personal lives.

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                  This ep wasn't as good as the previous three. Felt like a mostly set up ep. It drug in places, but it still had some great parts to make up for that. But it was much, much better than most of the other stone eps from S1.
                  This sums up my feelings pretty well.

Greer basically giving Young a wtf are you doing letting the LA out and about. Don't want to be the soldiers having to waste their day babysitting these guys.
                  Yes, I caught this too. He wasn't pleased at all. I also noticed that he was eyeing Young's drinks. Possible confrontation in the future? Young either doesn't care anymore or really trusts Greer to let himself drink in his presence.
                  There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                  sigpic
                  awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post

Wanna bet that some Rush Defenders will find a way to blame Young for this?

I agree. I was so sure that this time Young & Co finally caught on...such disappintment. I hope the writers won't draw it out for much longer.

Symbiote? You do remember what happened when Adrian Conrad tried that approach, don't you?

As for the Tok'ra, I don't think it's that simple. For one, we have no idea what is the state of current relations between the Tok'ra and Earth. How many people, except Jacob Carter, did volunteer to be a host? It's a huge decision that affects the rest of your life. Eli's mom doesn't strike me as a person who'd abandon her life on Earth to live in an alien society on another planet, and that's exactly what accepting a Tok'ra symbiote means. Finally, now that the System Lords are gone in no small part thanks to the Tok'ra, we don't know how people in the galaxy react to them. Maybe they no longer have problems with finding new hosts?

Not really. IMO arguing about means to gain Tretonin to cure people is quite silly, mainly because Tretonin was never meant to cure people. It was created to help the Jaffa, and the Jaffa are an alien race. Another alien race. Why would something design specifically for alien physiology work on human body?

I think it's because of Telford. He called Young on his behaviour and bad decisions, told him to either shape up or step down and finally asked him to take care of his people, and IMO Young took it seriously. Following HWS' orders, doing what Wray asked him to do - and what happens to be the most reasonable thing to do, because he really can't keep them locked up forever - is Young's way to do just that.

Tbh I didn't read it as Greer defending Park's honour, but, as others said, him standing up for his people. He sees Simeon as a threat and he just walked into situation where Simeon was clearly at odds with a civilian scientists, so he took necessary action. Besides IMO his clear distrust and animosity towards LA cloured his reaction too.

Yep, that's how I feel too. In season 1 I couldn't warm up to Rush at all, but now in season 2 I like him more and more, precisely because he's turning out to be such SOB.

Exactly. That's why I'm a Greer fan!

Actually, many episodes of SG-1 explained what SG-1 members liked to do in ther time off and we saw quite a lot of their personal lives.

This sums up my feelings pretty well.

Yes, I caught this too. He wasn't pleased at all. I also noticed that he was eyeing Young's drinks. Possible confrontation in the future? Young either doesn't care anymore or really trusts Greer to let himself drink in his presence.
                    No. I never bet against a sure thing.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

HAHA..... wow... maybe..

John Shepherd=Rivers (from Conversion)

Its irritating how people so quickly pull comparisons out of their as*** ....... And im very sure Franklin is totally like Number 6... hes just as hot and seductive.. uhhh NOT!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                        HAHA..... wow... maybe..

Its irritating how people so quickly pull comparisons out of their as*** ....... And im very sure Franklin is totally like Number 6... hes just as hot and seductive.. uhhh NOT!
                        If anything Gloria is Number 6 since obviously Rush is Balter.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          If anything Gloria is Number 6 since obviously Rush is Balter.
                          Ya... but I was saying.. its more then just Gloria lol...

The comparisons are driving me through the bloody roof if you can't tell already.
                          sigpic

Comment

I really don't know what it is, i mean i enjoy sgu as i did this episode. However once every single episode is over i feel like it wanted more. I'm not sure whether its so engrossing that i want to see more or whether its just moving to slow for me.

Comment

So, I searched through the thread and I couldn't find any discussion of this, hopefully I didn't just miss it.

So Eli's mother, has a problem with a dying immune system, the Tau'ri have a drug (Tretonin) that is excellent for healing and immunity to sickness, the only caveat being you have to stay on the treatment because it eliminates your natural immune response. However, is that really a concern for someone who is already on daily (comparatively ineffective) medicine for a dying immune system?

Now that they've let her actually use the stones to visit Destiny, I can't see them not trusting her enough to let her take Tretonin. Since the Air Force is supposed to be taking care of her, and they were responsible for her son getting lost in space somewhere, it doesn't seem like it should be a problem.

Alright, tell me why I'm wrong

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                                HAHA..... wow... maybe..

1992 just called and they want their "NOT" joke back!

Comment

Working...
                                X