X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well wasn't what I expected but I wish it turned out like this

Chloe: ............
    Eli: What are you doing?
    Choe: Pretending to look smart and sophistimicated.
    Eli: Why?
    Chloe: Why not?

Eli: Dude she honestly looked smart for a second
    Scott: Wel.......she's tried the same with me.....each time during sex she doesn't yell god anymore she yells "Scientific Method" and "Oh Math" it's really annoying.
    Young: Scott tell Eli his mother is sick
    Scott: Sir?
    Young: Stop Slouching and go tell him, tell him i'll be in the stone room waiting.
    Eli: I think his drinking habits are kicking in.......

Franklin: Stop stopping the ship dude
    Rush: Put I like pressing the controls, it feels cool
    Franklin: But i'm like the ships ai, and the crew wont be happy.
    Rush: If I have to tie you up and put you in a corner whilst I work AGAIN heads will roll.
    Park: Hey we dropped out again
    Rush: Thanks captain obvious
    Brody: We also seemed to do a barrel roll and a yo-yo maneuver.
    Rush: Yes I do know how to grind it good.

Random Doctor: Physically shes fine, mentally, shes as stable as Ozzy Osbourne without drugs for 2 months.
    Eli: Dear god.....
    Ms Wallace: Who are you?
    Eli: I am airman................Eli........
    Ms Wallace:.....do you know where Eli is?
    Eli: Yeah he is somewhere, he heard you stopped taking your meds?
    Ms Wallace: Shh i'm doing this for the morphine. It's nice

Sharon: Oh my god she's in another hotter woman's body
    Wray: Oh god she's got a new hairstyle

Scott: Where are we?
    Chloe: In your pants, and 2.69024929trillion lightyears from earth
    Scott: I'm not wearing pants.....
    Greer: Damn wrong bed again

Young: Hey you know those guys who wanted to kill us? I'm setting them free
    Greer: Sir?
    Young: Yes Greer?
    Greer: Have you finally gone COMPLETELY 100% insane?
    Young: It's my midlife crisis Greer.......I have always wanted to do something rash, strange, outlandish, sexy......and that time has come so no-
    (Greer has already left)
    Scott: Oh hi Greer walked past cursing something like "Blung has clucking blucked it" or something like that.....oh and Chloe is gone

James: Hi
    TJ: Hi
    James: Oh god it's those Lucians, Young truly did go 100% insane.
    (Over with the nerds)
    Simeon: I want to do you
    Wray:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Volker: You apologize!
    Simeon: Or what? You will go tell mummy on me?
    (Greer Smashes Simeon against the wall)
    Greer: I am his mummy.
    Simeon: Do you own her? I will buy her.
    Greer: Ooooh no you diint.

Gloria: I haven't seen you this exhaused since the last time we shagged it off........
    Rush: Really?
    Franklin: HAHAHAHA oh my jesus thats epic.
    Rush: Too much work.
    Gloria: Dude you killed 2 people already, and Young WILL kill you, what have you got to lose.
    Rush: Myy.........precious..............ship.
    Gloria: I thought I was your precious?
    Rush: ........sorry

James: Chloe you in here
    Chloe: Hi i'm trying to break into this case with a spoon, want to help?

Sharon: I left the door open
    Wray: And?
    Sharon: SOME ONE COULD HAVE COME IN AND STOLEN like everything.
    Wray: Geez........

Eli: What was your favourite movie
    Ms Wallace: I don't watch movies.....
    Eli: Ok thats it, mum it's me Eli.
    Ms Wallace: You lie, Eli is far fatter than that, and he can't even keep eye contact with me.
    Eli: Remember the time I ran around the house naked and you showed pictures to your friends?
    Ms Wallace: Is Doris onboard? Because she told the whole english speaking world after...

Scott: Ok interesting diary,(Begins reading) "Scott's has decreased in size" ok......... "Apparently 1 + 1 = Window now".....ok she can do math....basic "1 times 3 is 1 and (insert alien stuff here") OH dear jesus she can do better than me in math!

Young: Ha........HAHAHAHA oh my god did you see what she wrote about you rig-
    Scott: yes sir......
    Rush: let's see..........wow.......I know that some people think size doesn't matter, but when it comes down to having to use cm instead of inches........

Rush: Here is a bunch of problems. solve them
    Chloe: Hmm oh I know this one
    (Finds an equation saying 40+2 = Qx4)
    Chloe: I expand right?
    Rush: yes........
    (Chloe Expands it to look like this "40 + 2 = Q X 4"
    Rush: You just solved the greatest question in mankind's history.........

Varro: Hi you sexy thing
    TJ: Geez not around here, anyways Simeon is going into a sexual frenzy
    Varro: He did have a rough upbringing, his parents were into groupies and.....
    TJ: Yeah I get it, just next time ask nicely for the up and down thingy which he said.......I feel naughty by mentioning it.

Simeon: Dude why are we even here?
    Varro: We are helping
    Simeon: What? We are telling them that you are Odai Ventrell's twin.
    Varro: THATS JUST YOU. And I am Odai Ventrell you idiot.
    Simeon: Really.......
    Varro: Yes just please I will do anything just be quiet.......
    Simeon: (raises one eyebrow in a sexual fashion)
    Varro: No no no Forget i said it..........

Brody: GOD DAMMIT I AM GOING TO RAGE QUIT OVER THIS
    Young: What's going on
    Brody: We dropped out of FTL again and Rush isn't SMSing my messages back

Rush: Dude it's chloe, scottish boy scouts honour
    Young: I believe him, lets try to cure her by strapping her down to a chair.

Ms Wallace: Oh god what a nice ship
    Eli: Wait till you see MY quarters then say this is a nice "Fresh smelling and clean" ship

Chair: FRYZING YOUR BRAIN

Rush: The chair failed, you weren't cured, ill wait to use this in episode 8
    Tst

Comment

Great episode. Music montages are appropriate. I don't mind them. I see them as an integral part in the maturity of the Stargate franchise. Have them here and there.

After seeing this episode, including the interaction between Eli and his mother, why would you hate the stones!?

Comment

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
        Well wasn't what I expected but I wish it turned out like this

Chloe: ............
        Eli: What are you doing?
        Choe: Pretending to look smart and sophistimicated.
        Eli: Why?
        Chloe: Why not?

Eli: Dude she honestly looked smart for a second
        Scott: Wel.......she's tried the same with me.....each time during sex she doesn't yell god anymore she yells "Scientific Method" and "Oh Math" it's really annoying.
        Young: Scott tell Eli his mother is sick
        Scott: Sir?
        Young: Stop Slouching and go tell him, tell him i'll be in the stone room waiting.
        Eli: I think his drinking habits are kicking in.......

Franklin: Stop stopping the ship dude
        Rush: Put I like pressing the controls, it feels cool
        Franklin: But i'm like the ships ai, and the crew wont be happy.
        Rush: If I have to tie you up and put you in a corner whilst I work AGAIN heads will roll.
        Park: Hey we dropped out again
        Rush: Thanks captain obvious
        Brody: We also seemed to do a barrel roll and a yo-yo maneuver.
        Rush: Yes I do know how to grind it good.

Random Doctor: Physically shes fine, mentally, shes as stable as Ozzy Osbourne without drugs for 2 months.
        Eli: Dear god.....
        Ms Wallace: Who are you?
        Eli: I am airman................Eli........
        Ms Wallace:.....do you know where Eli is?
        Eli: Yeah he is somewhere, he heard you stopped taking your meds?
        Ms Wallace: Shh i'm doing this for the morphine. It's nice

Sharon: Oh my god she's in another hotter woman's body
        Wray: Oh god she's got a new hairstyle

Scott: Where are we?
        Chloe: In your pants, and 2.69024929trillion lightyears from earth
        Scott: I'm not wearing pants.....
        Greer: Damn wrong bed again

Young: Hey you know those guys who wanted to kill us? I'm setting them free
        Greer: Sir?
        Young: Yes Greer?
        Greer: Have you finally gone COMPLETELY 100% insane?
        Young: It's my midlife crisis Greer.......I have always wanted to do something rash, strange, outlandish, sexy......and that time has come so no-
        (Greer has already left)
        Scott: Oh hi Greer walked past cursing something like "Blung has clucking blucked it" or something like that.....oh and Chloe is gone

James: Hi
        TJ: Hi
        James: Oh god it's those Lucians, Young truly did go 100% insane.
        (Over with the nerds)
        Simeon: I want to do you
        Wray:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Volker: You apologize!
        Simeon: Or what? You will go tell mummy on me?
        (Greer Smashes Simeon against the wall)
        Greer: I am his mummy.
        Simeon: Do you own her? I will buy her.
        Greer: Ooooh no you diint.

Gloria: I haven't seen you this exhaused since the last time we shagged it off........
        Rush: Really?
        Franklin: HAHAHAHA oh my jesus thats epic.
        Rush: Too much work.
        Gloria: Dude you killed 2 people already, and Young WILL kill you, what have you got to lose.
        Rush: Myy.........precious..............ship.
        Gloria: I thought I was your precious?
        Rush: ........sorry

James: Chloe you in here
        Chloe: Hi i'm trying to break into this case with a spoon, want to help?

Sharon: I left the door open
        Wray: And?
        Sharon: SOME ONE COULD HAVE COME IN AND STOLEN like everything.
        Wray: Geez........

Eli: What was your favourite movie
        Ms Wallace: I don't watch movies.....
        Eli: Ok thats it, mum it's me Eli.
        Ms Wallace: You lie, Eli is far fatter than that, and he can't even keep eye contact with me.
        Eli: Remember the time I ran around the house naked and you showed pictures to your friends?
        Ms Wallace: Is Doris onboard? Because she told the whole english speaking world after...

Scott: Ok interesting diary,(Begins reading) "Scott's has decreased in size" ok......... "Apparently 1 + 1 = Window now".....ok she can do math....basic "1 times 3 is 1 and (insert alien stuff here") OH dear jesus she can do better than me in math!

Young: Ha........HAHAHAHA oh my god did you see what she wrote about you rig-
        Scott: yes sir......
        Rush: let's see..........wow.......I know that some people think size doesn't matter, but when it comes down to having to use cm instead of inches........

Rush: Here is a bunch of problems. solve them
        Chloe: Hmm oh I know this one
        (Finds an equation saying 40+2 = Qx4)
        Chloe: I expand right?
        Rush: yes........
        (Chloe Expands it to look like this "40 + 2 = Q X 4"
        Rush: You just solved the greatest question in mankind's history.........

Varro: Hi you sexy thing
        TJ: Geez not around here, anyways Simeon is going into a sexual frenzy
        Varro: He did have a rough upbringing, his parents were into groupies and.....
        TJ: Yeah I get it, just next time ask nicely for the up and down thingy which he said.......I feel naughty by mentioning it.

Simeon: Dude why are we even here?
        Varro: We are helping
        Simeon: What? We are telling them that you are Odai Ventrell's twin.
        Varro: THATS JUST YOU. And I am Odai Ventrell you idiot.
        Simeon: Really.......
        Varro: Yes just please I will do anything just be quiet.......
        Simeon: (raises one eyebrow in a sexual fashion)
        Varro: No no no Forget i said it..........

Brody: GOD DAMMIT I AM GOING TO RAGE QUIT OVER THIS
        Young: What's going on
        Brody: We dropped out of FTL again and Rush isn't SMSing my messages back

Rush: Dude it's chloe, scottish boy scouts honour
        Young: I believe him, lets try to cure her by strapping her down to a chair.

Ms Wallace: Oh god what a nice ship
        Eli: Wait till you see MY quarters then say this is a nice "Fresh smelling and clean" ship

Chair: FRYZING YOUR BRAIN

Rush: The chair failed, you weren't cured, ill wait to use this in episode 8

How long does it take you to come up with this....jeez

Comment

"I don't wanna wait, for our love to be over..."

I jest, with regards to SGU being a soap, but sometimes it feels that way. I have admit, though, I really liked Eli's scenes, and his budding friendship with Wray. The scene at the end was a nice touch.

Rush - I have to wonder... he was with the aliens far longer than Chloe. So I wonder if they did something to him, too. Something more subtle, that is probably affecting his judgment and making him act this way. It kinda reminds me of Garibaldi on Babylon 5, and how Bester just modified his attitude a tiny bit. Enhanced his paranoia. I suppose those open-minded about the character will actually see and consider that there might be something more going on. Or if they'll just stick to having blinders on.

Of course, if the rest of the crew can't figure anything out without him, then it pretty much makes Rush right, anyway. Cold, hard truth. And I predict that Rush will finally tell them about the bridge, and everyone, while being a little upset, will realize he was right all along and that they have to work together. He realizes that very few will actually see what's best for themselves.

It's gonna be amusing watching certain people's reactions here when that happens, hehe.

Chloe - Despite this ep focusing on her, I find there's not much. I do have to comment that it looks like she still hasn't found anything useful to do on the ship. No talk of someone filling in for whatever duties she may have. I mean, I saw Wray tending to the hydroponics bay, and we also know she kinda functions as HR aboard the ship. Seems like Chloe could do something. But it looks like her only niche will be as the spare human who becomes the alien hybrid. I mean, everyone else is contributing to life aboard the ship, in addition to their character arcs.

Wray - Her scenes kinda bored me, but I was really impressed with her actions in regards to Eli. She really does care, despite whatever flaws she may have. And in my opinion, that makes her more qualified in my eyes to be leader, over everyone else. At least give her a shot, letting her lead for the next few months to see how she does. But sadly, don't think that's gonna happen.

Young seemed more stable this episode, which was a welcome change, hope it continues. Greer doing his stereotypical tough guy thing, am hoping for a bit more this season from him. Montage at the end at least lacked vocals, which is a step up. Still, doing it every episode really gives it the modern soap opera feel.

A decent episode over all, if not very exciting or interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post

The major one is Chloe and Rush in how the character finally (we the audience knew it a long time ago) realize that the Blues did something to Chloe. Somehow advanced her inteligence and who knows what other factors. This feels like classic science fiction. An alien messing with someone' anatomy is hardly a foreign but it still has that SGU feel of not easily solved and what it means a little more uncertain.
            How surprising that they messed with the most useless one on the ship, thus making her useful...

Too bad it hasn't made her more likeable.

As for the character stories on Earth. I like seeing Eli to help him mom to get out of her depression and show then bond between the two even if the ending was predictible but the Camilie story seemed pointless. I will give that Wray surprised me when she ordered that Mrs. Wallace get security clearence.
            The Eli and Mom story was the best. David Blue is an excellent emotional actor, second only to Carlyle.

Greer is antagonizing and challenging and he needs to be reined in or he's going to be the cause of a fistfight. It was great he defended the woman but it needed to end there.

Still dislike and don't care about Wray, her seemingly unbelievable power over the IOA AND Homeworld Command and the relationship I hope ends so we don't have to see anymore of it.

The most laughable and eyerolling, though, was when Rush, while standing in front of the clearly inept DOCTOR, is the one to use such on the nose dialogue and say 'I think she's been infected'. Well, duh. This is the second time in two episodes where Rush has been given lines that just aren't believable. The first was him telling the MILITARY what they should be doing on the alien ship.

At least this episode was better than Life but just barely.

I don't consider myself an SGU hater as I'm still watching the darn thing. It's just not my kind of storytelling though the episodes in the second season have been marginally better than Season 1. I really want the show to succeed if only to selfisly hope it'll get the SG-1 and SGA movies made.

I hope lots of others flocked to the episode because last week's was so good.
            sigpic
            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
              How surprising that they messed with the most useless one on the ship, thus making her useful...

Too bad it hasn't made her more likeable.

Likeable to who? Every time some bring that up I have to bring up the gauging what characters are more liked then others in fandom is quite difficult if not impossible.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Likeable to who? Every time some bring that up I have to bring up the gauging what characters are more liked then others in fandom is quite difficult if not impossible.
                Since it's my post you quoted, one would think likeable to who would be fairly obvious.

To avoid further confusion.

She's not likeable to ME. She's useless and boring and... I won't go on.

I fully expect people to disagree and that's ok
                sigpic

Comment

Since I'm the one reviewing the episode, and my post is the one you quoted, one would think likeable to who would be fairly obvious.

To avoid further confusion.

She's not likeable to ME.

I fully expect people to disagree and that's ok
                  Fair enough. I thought you were talking about fandom as a whole and I would find that highly inaccurate. Since its just you disregard what I said
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Fair enough. I thought you were talking about fandom as a whole and I would find that highly inaccurate. Since its just you disregard what I said
                    Nothing that ANYONE says, regardless of how it's phrased, should be assumed to speak for an entire fandom.

Such opinions (usually phrased as fact) are used as a pretty little springboards for arguements both on the pro and con side when people really should know better.
                    sigpic

Comment

Nothing that ANYONE says, regardless of how it's phrased, should be assumed to speak for an entire fandom.

Such opinions (usually phrased as fact) are used as a pretty little springboards for arguements both on the pro and con side when people really should know better.
                      True but people still do it all the time unfortunatly
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

A slow episode, but enjoyable. What made it were the performances of the actors, I especially enjoyed any scene with Simeon in. The ep in itself seemed to be setting up the new stories for season 2, the rising tension in the ship with an alien influence and dissent from the LA, as well as Rush’s usual tricks. Plus the montage at the end was excellent. I enjoy this part of the show, though I felt last week’s could have been better, the use of the classical track this week was excellent.

Comment

I haven't seen the ep yet and won't till Friday, so I have no idea what I'm talking about

Given past instance I think that is only a matter time. End Result will be the Double Headbutt of Doom
                          And this makes my heart jump with glee. If ever a guy's got it coming to him...

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                          Oooo, Rush is gonna get caught if he keeps this up. He can't keep BSing his way out of this. ....
                          Rush is smart, that's a given, but he's not that smart, and Young isn't as stupid as Rush seems to think he is. There's only so much BS he can issue before the inevitable beating ensues ..I'll get the popcorn

Agreed. Best episode of Stargate ever.
                          Can't help but grin happily there - as heads explode...oh look, I've still got popcorn!

Originally posted by Vapor View Post

Someone mentioned that the story with Wray was pointless, but I have to disagree. From a character standpoint, it's clear that Sharon is in a darker place than the last time we saw her. But also, I don't think Wray's decision to help Eli in the end would have even entered her mind if she herself wasn't going through a similar situation with Sharon. It's clear, by the end of the episode, when Eli comes to thank Wray for getting his mother onto the ship, that Wray is just sobbing on the inside because she wishes she could do the same thing for Sharon. I left the storyline with the impression that this was an extreme exception that they just weren't going to be able to do for every member of the crew that wanted face-time with relatives back home....
                          It always makes me happy when people see the deeper issues of the Wray/Sharon love. It gets dismissed so often (and so nastily too, sometimes) but it's the falling apart of the normal that's the real horror.

Originally posted by Vapor View Post
                          One thing I'd like to mention about Greer's part in this episode.

I think it's fair to say that he waved his gun around a lot in season one. Some people have accused him of abusing the power that comes with having a weapon like that wherever he goes, even in what amount to basically social situations with civilian crewmembers and such. I'm not going to debate whether or not his conduct was always justifiable, but whatever you feel about it, it was there.

Which is why I love the scene this week where he actually hands his gun to someone else and tells them to walk away while he gets in Simeon's face. The fact that he has a weapon is not the only thing that makes him powerful. He's going to excercise his authority how he sees fit, gun or no gun.

There's something really fascinating about how he conducts himself, whether we agree with every decision he makes or not. He's still imposing as hell, and it's interesting to see him remove his possession of a gun from the equation and still lose almost nothing.

Fantastic scene.
                          Huge kudos on your read of Greer. Like Wray and Sharon, I think Greer takes a lot of stick for the way he conducts himself but yes, he's fascinating in his various uses of a clear authority, with or without a weapon. When you add it to his awareness about the crew as people, it just deepens him.

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                          Uh, considering that they've been together 12 years, I'm pretty sure they've been stable for a long time.

It's only been unstable since Wray is now on the other side of the Universe - a pretty good reason, if you ask me.
                          that kind of distance will play havoc with any relationship, no doubt.
                          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I must admit, I'm actually pretty impressed. I don't usually like stone-centric episodes with people meeting their families on Earth, but this time it just worked. Maybe I found it easier to relate to. Action-packed? No, but it managed to keep itself busy enough. I'm curious if I'll find other Carlyle-directed episodes above average.

Clever save on Rush's part, hiding what he's really been up to. Blaming Chloe for the FTL hiccups he's been inducing? Interesting play. I'll be interested to see how long he can keep this up, and just how it finally comes apart.

Liked the ending better. I've liked literally one song out of all the ones they've used for the montages, the rest of the time (and even then) I find the vocals too distracting to what's actually being shown.

Comment

The Blues are changing Chloe into a Hok'Taur

What's with the mixed Ancient and Blue symbols in her diary?
                              sigpic

Comment

I must admit I haven't all posts before posting myself so there is a chance of repeating someone else's point (some people will probably argue that is it the laziness of not reading through previous posts that leads to more repetition, etc ).

Anyhow, I believe that some people have misunderstood at least two key points about the show (and perhaps even about other shows) and those are that first, SGU ≠ SG-1 ≠ SGA and that is important to note because we were told even before the show aired that it was gonna be more about the characters than previous instalments in the SG franchise and also that it would be more serialized (if one likes this, is another discussion altogether). One should accept this or not continue watching the show.

And second, not every episode can be about action (fighting/explosions/etc) or action (fast pace) on the ep. Some ep's like this one, is more about opening up for more story arcs in the future as has been mentioned in other posts and these are important so that we don't ask ourselves and the writers - "why the hell did that character do that for?" or "where did this plot come from?". Also I personally, find sometimes ep's like Human to be more emotionally appealing and telling more about the drives and motivations of the characters than other ep's. And also how they used the stones in this ep was in a way I could find ok and also answered some curiosities that I find lacked to some extent in SG-1 and a bit less in SGA - what do people do on their time off?

However, I should point out that some elements could've been done differently (Eli and his mom) and that I have my views on character development (or the lack of in Eli - he needs to grow up) but overall I found this ep quite good and sometimes it is difficult to say how good an ep is based solely on the ep itself. For instance if some of the things that this ep leads us tp believe will happen but doesn't or is played down or up, disproportionally, then I can later on say that this ep was not so good.
                                Last edited by Furliciousy2k9; 20 October 2010, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X