X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BadOnion View Post
    The universe is not infinite.
    Ok. Presuming you're right, what's beyond it? What would you call it?

Comment

Originally posted by Misfits View Post
      It would be illogical that a suitcase with the stones would be in the storage room. It's used constantly.
      Logical given that the LA were released and would otherwise know where it is, if it wasn't elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
        Logical given that the LA were released and would otherwise know where it is, if it wasn't elsewhere.
        So, what you're saying is that something that is used constantly would be kept in a storage room?

Comment

Ok. Presuming you're right, what's beyond it? What would you call it?
          The universe is the totality of all space. There is nothing outside it. But that doesn't mean it has to be infinite.

Comment

The universe is the totality of all space. There is nothing outside it. But that doesn't mean it has to be infinite.
            I agree that Universe is the totality of all space. Key word being 'all'.

Under that presumption, it wouldn't have a boundary, which would mean infinite.

Comment

I really like this episode. I love when the episodes show part of the life everyone left behind on Earth, especially Eli, I was so sad because of how his mom was and it was good of Camile to make sure she could go to Destiny and believe what Eli was telling her.
              The people of the lucian alliance, I keep thinking that when they get ready they will try something bad again, but I think we will have to see to know what is going to happen with them.
              Rush, I just keep hating the man, blaming Chloe for something she didn't do and this obsession he has with working alone, I hate him, how much more people has to die before he sees that what he's doing is wrong and what he did with Chloe was sacrificing her just to use her for his own benefit.

It was a good episode, I so want to see the next one, too bad we have to wait until next week to see it, xD
              sigpic
              Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

I agree that Universe is the totality of all space. Key word being 'all'.

Under that presumption, it wouldn't have a boundary, which would mean infinite.
                Not necessarily. Does the 2D surface of a ball have a boundary? Is it infinite?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  Not necessarily. Does the 2D surface of a ball have a boundary? Is it infinite?
                  If the size of the ball is infinite, yes.

Comment

If the size of the ball is infinite, yes.
                    Sigh.

The size of a ball is not infinite. It's surface has no boundary. The universe can be finite without having any sort of edge or boundary.

Comment

The universe is not infinite.
                      We don't know that. The observable universe is not infinite, but that's not the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                        Sigh.

The size of a ball is not infinite. It's surface has no boundary. The universe can be finite without having any sort of edge or boundary.
                        That's a cute try, however, just like a moon orbiting earth, IF there are no boundaries, and IF it's speed is never decreased, the distance it could travel IS infinite. It would never stop orbiting the earth.

If the Universe is finite, then where ever it ends would be the boundary, the edge.
                        Whatever exists beyond would have to be called something.
                        Last edited by Misfits; 21 October 2010, 01:57 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                          The refined version, at least, was designed for Jaffa. Arguably, it should still work on humans, but how would you explain the Air Force being able to cure AIDS/HIV? That right there would cause some serious public backlash if it got out.
                          You would not have to explain anything about Air Force.

They could use a fake front company to pretend they developed Tetroin as part of a project to develop ways to replace or enhance the immune system which is what the drug design to do. The original version replaces the entire immune system an needs regular doses of it, not sure if the Tok'ra symthetic version does the same through, I am going to say it does through.

Comment

Ha! Well there you have it - he got what he deserved.

Originally posted by lopo30 View Post
                            it does not prove anything and by the watch count i dont see there will be next season of this
                            this show is so depressive no happy story's nothing is positive and it looks like it's getting worse
                            this show does not deserve stargate title

what made sg1 and sga good was that every episode new planet and new adventure

last week 1milj. viewers and it looks like it is troping ... smallville had 3.18 milj. viewers last week and that show is in 10'th season what needed to end in season 7 or 8 but still have 3 times more viewers then this ultimate drama like a reality show big brother
                            We all know what made SG-1 and SGA good. We don't need the reminders.

Originally posted by Lainier View Post
                            Good episode, better than Awakening, imo.

What I liked:

-Rush. He always surprise me with his machinations.
                            -Simeon's plot line.
                            -James has some lines of dialogue!

What I didn't like:

-Wray's plot line. Boooring character...
                            -James has so few lines of dialogue!
                            I wish they'd get James a little more involved too.

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
                            There is always someone guarding the stones.
                            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                              There is always someone guarding the stones.
                              And there was Lt. James. Are all of the stones are in the stone room. The box had five right? Rush took one. About the only time we've seen them use all four remaining stones was the LA / doctor thing. Beyond that they're rarely using more than three of the stones at a time. Perhaps, I know unlikely, but perhaps one was stashed elsewhere. Or she has a suitcase full of keep me human looking goo.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                                and the chess game conts. rush is walking a fine line. loved seeing eli's mom on destiny.

i think i'm right about chole
                                Judging by how far ahead of young Rush seemed to be, i think he is ok for now.

As to Eli... Loved the look his mom had when she was on the ship..

I just think it is a little far fetched that a civilian mother to another civilian would not only be given clearance that fast BUT be allowed to go to the ship, just after her son has obviously violated the Non disclosure agreement that he would have had to sign.

Originally posted by SciFiRick View Post
                                Did I see and hear Rush throw Chloe to the wolves by blaming her for the FTL dropping in and out? WOW!! He is going to take a big fall when it is discovered that he broke the master code and have been working on the bridge without telling anyone. .
                                While i agree he did throw her to the wolves, i actually commend his quick thinking by doing so. BUT part of me hopes he actually knew of it before hand and had planned it out.

[QUOTE=jelgate;11997274] An alien messing with someone' anatomy is hardly a foreign but it still has that SGU feel of not easily solved and what it means a little more uncertain. [quote]

It's classic stargate. All the way from season 1.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                As for the character stories on Earth. I like seeing Eli to help him mom to get out of her depression and show then bond between the two even if the ending was predictible but the Camilie story seemed pointless. I will give that Wray surprised me when she ordered that Mrs. Wallace get security clearence.
                                It was REAL surprising Wray ordering it, as it shows she does at least have some compassion (i gave her great cudos), but shows a big fault... Both SGA/SG1 had those out of the loop having to be brought in with a NDA. Even Mccays sister was brought in with one (iirc). Now we have Eli BREAAKING one telling his mom as much as she did IN an open area (the hospital). Then we have her taking a trip to the ship most likely via the SGC (and possibily one of the ships)..

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                Robert Carlyle directed this episode, and I think he did a wonderful job. Those emotional scenes with himself and Gloria, especially Eli and Mom, and Camille and Sharon were very well done. I found myself getting a little teary in the ones with Eli and his Mom, and a bit with the talk outdoors between Eli and Camille. And I loved the little bit near the end where Sharon comes to meet Eli's Mom; they each now have somebody they can lean on a bit. .
                                While it was no where as near a tear jerker as watching Rush deal with his dying wife again (human), it was close. And i give mad props to Carlyle since he did direct it.. Heck that was a shocker to find out he DID direct it.

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                                the only thing i'm getting tired of is the rush bridge game.... blah. i refuse to believe the crew hasn't figured out that he broke the code.

so snnoying
                                After he redirected their curiosity with his room of graffiti, i think he is ok for now. Which makes me wonder did he deliberatly set it up for that purpose.

Originally posted by SciFiRick View Post
                                I was so sure that when Brody mentioned "Aside from him breaking the master code" that Young was going to figure it out. .
                                I wonder if that little snippet to young from Brody, is what keys Young into following rush around, which leads into the 207 ep..

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                                I agree. Brody and Park have started to link Destiny's unusual movements to Rush's absences, and have brought those concerns to Young.
                                It was funny Brody betting parks a month's wages that they would not raise rush...

Originally posted by ns2 View Post
                                I wonder what Greer would do if he know what Rush was up to
                                Nothing.. I think he is too concerned with Simeon right now.

Originally posted by topple View Post
                                The more I think about it, Rush may finally realize he'll need to include the rest of the crew in on the bridge. Yet, I'm thinking he'll do it in a way that makes it seems like he JUST discovered access to the bridge and is entering it for the first time like everyone else. Rush...such a sneak!
                                While it would sound like rush to think that far ahead, we know from the spoilers for ep 7, he is found out.. not he reveals it.

Originally posted by Daniela View Post
                                Why can't Eli's mom have security clearance? What kind of security risk does she pose that Eli can't tell her the truth? I'm glad Eli is telling her.
                                Cause she is the CIVILIAN MOTHER OF A CIVILIAN.. Being military i can tell you how hard it is to even get a wife of a MIL member a clearance for TS Stuff and that is rare.. having it happen so quick for a Civilian parent (not spouse) of another civilian is not only rare, but practicaly unheard of. Plus as said above, i am surprised there was no smacking down of Eli for breaching his NDA (which would have been part and parcel of getting him involved in the Icarus project). If you doubt me on that, remember what they had sam/daniel sign before even showing them the tape in Mobeus? That was just to show them the Tape!

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                                Why not put a tok'ra in Eli's Mom, or a symbiote. That'll cure her. After watching 15 years of Stargate, the realism kinda goes out the window for me. Thankfully in this day and age HIV is not an automatic death sentence. So they portrayed that nicely.
                                Do we know if Eli was even briefed on the Tok'ra, to make that suggestion to her?
                                But it is a possibility for later on.

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                                What was that stuff that Teal'c used to take? That was used to replace his immunity system. As you know HIV/AIDS is a Immune deficiency virus. So problem solved.
                                Tretonin.. BUT That replaces your own imune system and you have to keep taking it.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                Thier isn't a big risk for her to use the stone versus asking the Tok'ra for some tretoin. If they would even give us some
                                we have been the ones making the Tretonin. Not the Tok'ra.

Originally posted by SupremeLegate View Post
                                I But on Rush, is it me or does it seem like while he still does these underhanded things, that he seems like he feels bad about doing them?
                                Imo he sees it as a necessary evil..

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                                That would prove impractical in the long term, and doesn't fit. Earth gave large supplies to the women Jaffa (Haktyl I think it was), plus however many other Jaffa asked. They have the resources to supply them on a constant basis. Unless the Tok'ra are supplying it by the ton, they have to be able to replicate it themselves.
                                Very true. I think initially we got it from them, but we started mass making it on our own.
                                As to why we have not put it out to the general populus.... Population control. As is we are overusing what resources we have. We start pushing out Tretonin, people live longer and MORE are living = more drain.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the main objective of the Stargate Program to obtain alien technology for study and implementation on Earth?
                                For the defense of earth.

Originally posted by Sairnath View Post
                                Well the Young/Lucian Alliance angle has me completely lost. In one week we went from "Enjoy your cage your never getting out" to personal quarters for all. It just doesnt make any sense to me. Young hated the LA with every fiber of his existance and now things are OK?
                                He did seem to 'yield' to it rather quick.. BUT we don't know how long this ep was since the end of Awakening.

Originally posted by Vapor View Post
                                Someone mentioned that the story with Wray was pointless, but I have to disagree. From a character standpoint, it's clear that Sharon is in a darker place than the last time we saw her. But also, I don't think Wray's decision to help Eli in the end would have even entered her mind if she herself wasn't going through a similar situation with Sharon. It's clear, by the end of the episode, when Eli comes to thank Wray for getting his mother onto the ship, that Wray is just sobbing on the inside because she wishes she could do the same thing for Sharon. I left the storyline with the impression that this was an extreme exception that they just weren't going to be able to do for every member of the crew that wanted face-time with relatives back home.
                                Part of me felt she did it cause she knew deep down sharon would have never agreed to come herself. At least with having Eli's mom go, you kill 2 birds with one stone, in having someone impartial (eli's mom) telling sharon it will all be ok, and you get elis mind back where he needs to be.

I wonder if, when she's having these blackouts, whether it's just something wrong with her on a chemical level, or if she's being contacted psychically by the blue aliens. Considering our history with them and the stones, it wouldn't surprise me if they were indeed able to do such things.
                                if they are controlling her, why would they agree to help rush? Write a solution for him?

I don't think Rush is totally evil or merciless. We've seen that this isn't true. But he's definitely turned a corner this season, and I'm loving the questionable situation he's forcing himself into. It's only a matter of time before that avalanche starts to fall.

Good times.

I believe the perfect phrase for rush is "you reap what you sow." !!!

Cont next post.

Comment

Working...
                                X