This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GateMonkey View Post
    So, I searched through the thread and I couldn't find any discussion of this, hopefully I didn't just miss it.

So Eli's mother, has a problem with a dying immune system, the Tau'ri have a drug (Tretonin) that is excellent for healing and immunity to sickness, the only caveat being you have to stay on the treatment because it eliminates your natural immune response. However, is that really a concern for someone who is already on daily (comparatively ineffective) medicine for a dying immune system?

Now that they've let her actually use the stones to visit Destiny, I can't see them not trusting her enough to let her take Tretonin. Since the Air Force is supposed to be taking care of her, and they were responsible for her son getting lost in space somewhere, it doesn't seem like it should be a problem.

Alright, tell me why I'm wrong
    The refined version, at least, was designed for Jaffa. Arguably, it should still work on humans, but how would you explain the Air Force being able to cure AIDS/HIV? That right there would cause some serious public backlash if it got out.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
      The refined version, at least, was designed for Jaffa. Arguably, it should still work on humans, but how would you explain the Air Force being able to cure AIDS/HIV? That right there would cause some serious public backlash if it got out.
      they could force the person who is being cured to keep silent. Quite easy to cover up. and If they try to tell the public about it, they get reinfected wiht AIDS one night mysteriously to cover their tracks.
      Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

It seemed a bit weird that nobody even mentioned that Rush was kidnapped by the aliens just like Chloe when they were talking about what they could have done to her

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
          1992 just called and they want their "NOT" joke back!
          1994 just called and they want their "______ just called" joke back.

Comment

A slow episode? That's putting it mildly. No, not every episode can be action packed. But after the backlash that Life got, why do Life Pt. 2? aka Pathogen. Just another stoner show... Comparitively from non-Destiny space ships and alien creatures to Hi Mom! Talk about slamming on the breaks...

I love my SGU, but I'm not even sure I'll be rewatching this one on Hulu or Syfy Rewind. Things to do in BFE city of the month. Basket weaving on thursday. Crochet on friday. .........

Comment

Originally posted by GateMonkey View Post
              So, I searched through the thread and I couldn't find any discussion of this, hopefully I didn't just miss it.

So Eli's mother, has a problem with a dying immune system, the Tau'ri have a drug (Tretonin) that is excellent for healing and immunity to sickness, the only caveat being you have to stay on the treatment because it eliminates your natural immune response. However, is that really a concern for someone who is already on daily (comparatively ineffective) medicine for a dying immune system?

Now that they've let her actually use the stones to visit Destiny, I can't see them not trusting her enough to let her take Tretonin. Since the Air Force is supposed to be taking care of her, and they were responsible for her son getting lost in space somewhere, it doesn't seem like it should be a problem.

Alright, tell me why I'm wrong
              I think SGU is staying away from the uber stuff
              also, how to explain to anyone that you've magically been cured of AIDS?
              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

When Eli finds out about Chloe not being cured, he is going to beat the crap out of Rush.

Comment

They could have an entire episode of everyone beating the crap out of Rush.

Comment

It would make more sense than having a line for chow. They could even have a line of people in the stone room on earth waiting for their turn.

Comment

Unlike some people, I'm quite enjoying the deviousness of Rush. It doesn't grate on my nerves at all. And Chloe is becoming more interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing how the plot of Rush and Chloe continues.

The Eli stuff was pretty good. Wray was alright though her scenes with Sharon don't really interest me much: it just doesn't fit all that well with the rest of the show. But it wasn't too bad. The LA bits weren't all that exciting but it was important. I'll wait and see how that turns out.
                      The view outside Destiny was pretty sweet.
                      Originally posted by Meshakhad View Post
                      When Eli finds out about Chloe not being cured, he is going to beat the crap out of Rush.
                      What about: Chloe Beats Up Everyone!
                      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Daniela View Post
                        Oh gosh is the medic developing feelings for the leader of the Lucian crew?
                        Yep!!

Comment

Originally posted by Meshakhad View Post
                          don't forget about Matt.. both of them will kick the crap out of Rush!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Rush could always lie and say he thought Chloe was cured. Chloe would probably go along with that story.

Comment

My Name Is Scott writes: “One question… what did Simeon say to Dr. Park?”

Answer: In the scene you’re referring to, Simeon walks up to Dr. Park and whispers something in her ears, eliciting a horrified respond from her and causing everyone around her to leap up and confront Simeon. The script never specified what, exactly, he whispers to her so we were curious to see what Robert Knepper would come up with. Would he mumble something incomprehensible or would he actually offer up something offensive and egregious in a bid to remain in loathsome character? Which would it be? As it turned out, neither. On the day, the director yelled “Action!”. Simeon spots Park sitting a table, walks up, leans in and silently whispers: “Try the carrots!”.
                              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...mailbag-entry/
                              sigpic
                              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by dvdrts View Post
                                Good for Eli that his mother visited Destiny in the body of James he was so happy he got to hug James.
                                I thought it was Dr Park. I don't recall James walking around in civilian clothes.

Comment

Working...
                                X