Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The grazing creatures in that planet in Malice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hat's off to the writers for those creatures it really made it feel like an alien planet and not just canada!!!

Comment

I was hoping Simeon would be ripped apart from a raptor feeding frenzy. The fact that Rush ran all the way around the far side to plant the bomb and then run back to face Simeon was a bit hard to believe.

Comment

He has secret skills my lord pipi. He aint just a cowboy, no sire. He is el pistolero Cojones!
        sigpic
        - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Solokiller View Post
          They look like giant alien chickens.
          When i first saw t, i was thinkig back to ESB, but i also then thought about Jurassic park with that one small dinosaur who loved charging and head butting people (and vehicles).

Comment

The alien Desert Tauntauns looked cool, although the final shot of them all grazing looked alittle "copy and paste", would have been nice to see them acting more like a collective, with look outs, playing ect.... (has flashbacks to the Re'tu).

However there's one thing that really disappointed me, and that's the fact that when I first saw one I thought "so is that how Rush will get back to the gate?", spending the rest of the episode picturing Rush charging back to the gate on ones back, space cowboy style. I am also happy to hear that I am not the only one XD
            Series 3 maybe?
            sigpic
            Banner Made By Me for Me
            The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

I saw using the stampede to injure Simeon part coming, they made it really obvious by having him switch from Simeon, to herd, and then back to Simeon again.
              for me it was like this.

*simeon*
              *herd of alien creatures*
              stampede of course.
              *pack of C-4*
              definately stampede.

hadn't you noticed rush actually visibly took a pack of C4 from his backpack?

Comment

It puzzled me a bit too how Rush managed to get into position to plant C-4 to spook the creatures, and then back to where he could draw Simeon into the open.

As for riding one of the desert striders back to the gate, the crewmember I can see most likely attempting something like that would have to be... Greer.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                  they would probably taste like chicken.

but yea pretty awesome, though i don't see how they can live in such a world (not enough vegetation)
                  Herding animals typically migrate pretty often looking for food. Maybe they were on their way to an oasis on the planet that's only available once a year or every few years when the rainy season comes? You'll see elephants in the desert on Earth doing this, and those little things looked a lot smaller than elephants.

Comment

Sort of the arid desert version of the Star Wars tauntaun And when Greer made the remark about barbecue, couldn't help but think of Sheppard's similar response in "Echoes" (SGA) when they saw the whale. Hmm, same person write both eps?

Comment

wish we'd caught a baby
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by icsteffi View Post
                        Did anyone else expect Rush to not only use them to kill Simeon, but also to ride one all the way back to the gate to make it on time!? The image of Rush as a cowboy on one of those things was amusing.

P.S. I'm a bit mad at myself and the other humans....who is to say that they aren't even more intelligent than us!? I hope that none of them were harmed by Rush's bomby-bomb.
                        Umm... No offense but they seemed like grazing animals and not sentient beings as you propose and don't try to turn this thread into a Pro Vegan campaign because I will not stand for it.
                        The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Road Runner would be proud. Rather than putting himself in grave danger, he made Simeon walk into the path of danger, like Wile E. Coyote being run over by a truck coming out of a painted tunnel.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by icsteffi View Post
                            Did anyone else expect Rush to not only use them to kill Simeon, but also to ride one all the way back to the gate to make it on time!? The image of Rush as a cowboy on one of those things was amusing.

P.S. I'm a bit mad at myself and the other humans....who is to say that they aren't even more intelligent than us!? I hope that none of them were harmed by Rush's bomby-bomb.
                            As soon as we saw the first one I thought of them being used like that.

Comment

Originally posted by hallmjo View Post
                              wish we'd caught a baby
                              Baby... The other, other, other white meat.

"I'm higher than you on the food chain, GET IN MY BELLY".

Comment

Greer's BBQ line was good! They really should've hunted some of them.
                                I loved the episode, because at last we saw some alien species. :b

Comment

Working...
                                X