This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
    Well I would give it a 9, but the death of Gin makes me give it a 8! But nevertheless a excellent episode.
    A solid 8, as well.
    I knock it down from a 9 because I don't think the Eli/Ginn relationship had enough screen time for us to be really invested in them, or for us to really understand Eli's rage. At least one more episode of them being lovey-dovey would have been enough.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
      A solid 8, as well.
      I knock it down from a 9 because I don't think the Eli/Ginn relationship had enough screen time for us to be really invested in them, or for us to really understand Eli's rage. At least one more episode of them being lovey-dovey would have been enough.
      I don't think it was ever about Ginn. I think she was a device to develop Eli
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

If I don't get enough time to have some kind of attachment to the Ginn/Eli relationship, then her death and his response to it don't make much emotional sense. Their relationship wasn't really delved into, not like Scott/Chloe or Scott/James or Young/the wife. We saw a kiss and the strong hint of coitus interruptus... but that's it.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

If I don't get enough time to have some kind of attachment to the Ginn/Eli relationship, then her death and his response to it don't make much emotional sense. Their relationship wasn't really delved into, not like Scott/Chloe or Scott/James or Young/the wife. We saw a kiss and the strong hint of coitus interruptus... but that's it.
          Yes if you look at it at the relationship angle but if you look at it how it changes as Eli as a person it has meaning
          Jelgate is right

Comment

If we suddenly see Eli acting all brooding and angry without a good reason, is that really effective?
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

If we suddenly see Eli acting all brooding and angry without a good reason, is that really effective?
              But thier was a good reason.
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I would have to give 'Malice' a 9/10. If we used fractional voting, I'd give it a 9.5/10
                sigpic
                Don't touch Lola

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  But thier was a good reason.
                  The woman he kissed and maybe slept with one time is killed, and he turns emo? Nah. Not buying it. Either way, that was a minus for me this episode. The reverse is the well-defined relationship between Rush and Amanda. We know their history, and it has depth. We've seen Amanda's physical issues and seen her freedom aboard the ship. We know her. Ginn died a relative unknown who I really can't care that much about because she was never risen by the script beyond thinly-veiled plot device to real character.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

The woman he kissed and maybe slept with one time is killed, and he turns emo? Nah. Not buying it. Either way, that was a minus for me this episode. The reverse is the well-defined relationship between Rush and Amanda. We know their history, and it has depth. We've seen Amanda's physical issues and seen her freedom aboard the ship. We know her. Ginn died a relative unknown who I really can't care that much about because she was never risen by the script beyond thinly-veiled plot device to real character.
                    You don't need a long term developed friendship to care about someone. It was still at the developmental stage of being friends but that doesn't make caring not real
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

You don't need a long term developed friendship to care about someone. It was still at the developmental stage of being friends but that doesn't make caring not real
                      Caring, yes. A really deep caring either on his part or the part of viewers... Not necessarily.
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
                        Can I change my vote from 10 to 100?
                        We're supposed to vote the episodes relative to each other not give a 10 every episode which defeats the purpose of this poll.

Comment

Caring, yes. A really deep caring either on his part or the part of viewers... Not necessarily.
                          They never once made an claim their was a deep friendship bond between Ginn and Eli. Any friend no matter how deep or shallow will mostly likely have some kind of reaction if that person was lose.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

I really liked this one despite that fact I was predisposed to dislike it.

I still think the Eli/Ginn relationshoip felt over rushed, I would rather then have had them as an item for 2-4 episodes before the emotional crisis. Still hope the LA people stick around rather than being killed off/faded into the background.

I was extremely pleased to see Rush's antics coloring the Crew's treatment of him finally in a direct to his face way. I particularlly loved Eli for pointing out how Rush has faked info in the ship's computers before to his face, and Greer's declaration that Rush has to watch his own back from now on.

I wonder which writer cross-bred Tauntauns and Iguanas?

Comment

They never once made an claim their was a deep friendship bond between Ginn and Eli. Any friend no matter how deep or shallow will mostly likely have some kind of reaction if that person was lose.
                              Some reaction, yes. Packing heat for the first time ever and going out blindly to find the killer on an alien world, no. I doubt Brody would do it for Volker.
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Some reaction, yes. Packing heat for the first time ever and going out blindly to find the killer on an alien world, no. I doubt Brody would do it for Volker.
                                He wasn't thinking rationally. Its a common reaction to blame to want to do something when a person you care about dies.
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X