Eli's Last Days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HaMm3r View Post
    Think about it...a month worth of food for 40 people would be 40 months of food for one. That's well over three years. As for the spoiling issue, it wouldn't spoil in the frozen vacuum of space, would it? (I'm only considering power-free solutions here, otherwise I'd mention waking Rush up to help with the repairs and putting the food into the stasis pod instead)
    A vast amount of the available food would be perishable. It wouldn't be in the vacuum of space, because they didn't totally vent the ship, just shut off life support. Can't be refrigerated, because power is shut off everywhere. Therefore, the only food that would last is non-perishable items, and they have decidedly little of those.

Comment

Besides, storing it in space would exposit to cosmic radiation. On the flip side, maybe he could become the human torch or something - having eaten the irradiated food and all.

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
        i just loved that little smile gave right before the credits rolled. that was awesome
        I felt it was a multiple meaning type of ending. On the one hand, it was a, "Man, this is so COOL!! I'm out here on a spaceship. Who'd a thunk it." On the other hand, it could also be a, "Hey, I just figured out how to do this..."

So, what will he do? One possible solution could involve the remaining stasis pod, an EVA suit and Brody's still. I could say more, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone for when the show does come back in a while.

regards,
        G.
        Go for Marty...

Comment

Eli can't go around recharging his iPod rewatching south park or listening to mp3's every other day ... so I'm thinking to clear boredom, he can unleash Gin and Amanda.

Worst Case scenario, if he's about to die, upload his consciousness to Destiny, fast forward 3 years, tada, mathboy + Destiny = awesomer calculations and simulations.

Life support turns off, live off pure data processing and storage of Destiny's systems, figure out enhancements and dive through the knowledge base within.

And in Aurora, there was a way to communicate as a collective. Surely Destiny isn't that advanced with their version of stasis pods, but if there's a link-up available, he's the one who could come up with it since he's one curious cat.

The possibilities from this are endless!

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
            Was I the only one who thought that Eli should leave a Kino running for those 2 weeks, documenting his efforts to fix the stasis pod, and if unsuccesful, have him leaving a video goodbye to everyone that he helped put into stasis before ultimately taking his own life?
            Would you film yourself dying? I wouldn't.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
              A vast amount of the available food would be perishable. It wouldn't be in the vacuum of space, because they didn't totally vent the ship, just shut off life support. Can't be refrigerated, because power is shut off everywhere. Therefore, the only food that would last is non-perishable items, and they have decidedly little of those.
              Isn't space without atmosphere already cold? it's a natural refrigerator.... and since life support to those areas are turned off, no oxygen, no spoils. Put on EVA suit before selecting what to prep for the day/week for food.

Question remains, how does EVA suit replenish oxygen supply. And with hydroponics destroyed, how will Eli get water?

But lets' say it does work out, I'm pretty sure Eli won't be fat anymore by the time everyone wakes up. Best case scenario, he'd be skinnier in three years... Worst case scenario, he'd be extremely skinny as a pile of decomposed bones sitting somewhere to welcome the crew out of stasis.

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
                I am just wondering, if Eli doesnt fix the pod, will the Faithliens intervene again?

They were rumored to having more info uncovered about them in the 2rd season.

N.C
                Didn't we leave that galaxy??

A month's worth of food for an entire crew wouldn't last one person three years. It'd spoil. In fact, that was part of the point of Young's dinner. It's going to waste, might as well chow down. The suits might give Eli some extra time, but not very much.
                True. And power would be the bigger issue..

Would you film yourself dying? I wouldn't.
                In his situation.. Yes i would.

Comment

Originally posted by qingdom View Post
                  Worst case scenario, he'd be extremely skinny as a pile of decomposed bones sitting somewhere to welcome the crew out of stasis.
                  I can see it now:

Chloe steps out of her pod to see a skeleton sitting across from it and screams. Other pods open up and everyone else comes out and gather around all sad that Eli is dead.

Rush, always on the outer ring of a group gathering then looks to his left to see a grinning Eli coming around a corner. "where'd you come from?" Rush asks.

"oh. I found a working pod down near the engineering section, two floors above the main gun." Eli replies.

"where did you find the skeleton?" asks Rush.

"in the pod. Probably an engineer that decided to take a nap and was forgotten when Destiny launched." says Eli.

"humph," replies Rush. "Good one."

EDIT: oh, I forgot...

"By the way," Eli whispers to Rush, "After I found the pod on the third day, I found a room full of boxes."

"There are a lot of rooms with boxes, Mr. Wallace." Rush replies.

"Yeah, but do all the boxes contain these huge multiple-colored crystal formations that apparently give off energy?" Eli retorts.

"what??? You found ZPMs?" Rush asks incredulously.

" yeah. Hooked em up too," Eli says with a smirk.

"why didn't you wake us up???" Rush demands.

"Wilson told me not to." explains Eli, showing Rush a Kino with a bloody handprint on it.

"how long after we went into stasis did you enter your pod?" asks Rush.

"four days," states Eli and then walks away.
                  Last edited by Shylodog; 10 May 2011, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Isn't space without atmosphere already cold? it's a natural refrigerator.... and since life support to those areas are turned off, no oxygen, no spoils. Put on EVA suit before selecting what to prep for the day/week for food.
                    No. One, space is not cold. For there to be cold, there needs to be something to be cold. The biggest problem in space is dealing with waste heat, which has nowhere to go. Two, there's still oxygen. Again, they aren't venting the ship, just shutting off life support. The oxygen doesn't go anywhere. Three, food will spoil without oxygen, so long as there's atmosphere of some kind, which there would be.

Question remains, how does EVA suit replenish oxygen supply. And with hydroponics destroyed, how will Eli get water?
                    It doesn't. The tank is filled before going out. Hydroponics doesn't generate water. They get that from planets, and Eli will have plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by HaMm3r View Post
                      Think about it...a month worth of food for 40 people would be 40 months of food for one. That's well over three years. As for the spoiling issue, it wouldn't spoil in the frozen vacuum of space, would it? (I'm only considering power-free solutions here, otherwise I'd mention waking Rush up to help with the repairs and putting the food into the stasis pod instead)
                      The food would not last. Even frozen goods wouldn't last. And the life support would take too much power. If he couldn't do it, he'd have to kill himself.

And I don't see that happening. He'll fix it.

Comment

I cant see that the writers would intend Eli to just repair the pods, how rubbish of a S03E01 would that be, him just underneath it with a spanner for 40 minutes. But neither would I have killed him off (hes too damn likable!).

There way id have done it, would be something like the 'mystery of the missing Eli' where the crew wake up, no body, no repaired status pod, and no evidence that hes ejected himself into space etc.

Or

He comes out with some crazy outrageous way of preserving himself but to save him they have to follow some kind of step by step scavenger hunt which he guides them through with Kino recordings that may be the plot arc for a couple of episodes

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                          Modesty goes out the window when there's no one around to care.
                          As long as he doesnt have a Kino on recording everything

Comment

I've not seen the last episode yet, but could Eli just not use the stones, get someone who has more experience with pods to stone in, fix it and then enter the pod?

At least that way with Earth/Destiny interaction the guys on Earth would know what was happening on Destiny..
                            This would then tie in nicely with my other idea..

I've not seen the last episode yet but I'm guessing it ends with everyone in stasis pods, which is good from the POV that it could be continued as well as give cast an "out" if they have other commitments when it comes round to renewal.

It could also help with an SG1/SGA film, Earth trys to contact Destiny, cant, so plan some sort of rescue mission, off to find an Icarus planet (Langara perhaps so we get an end to the Langara/Lucian Alliance episode) so theres plenty of room for the SG and SGA teams to go off hunting, possibly with the help of Atlantis itself so it can get damaged enough to break/permanently destroy the wormhole drive, if a they can open a gate then we could get a few more crew onboard to cover who leaves/dies in stasis..

Comment

Oh, and just as a thought, maybe he cant fix the pod so goes off to join the "decendants"?

Has shuttle, grabs kino's, disabled drone, gates to planet, uses gate network to goto inhabited planet...

Comment

Back up guess:

-Eli realises he can't finish the repairs in time ssooo

-he loads himself into computer
                                -Creates a fantasy/sci fi world/land.
                                -Has epic WoW style adventures with Ginn for three years! (She said 'no' to Doctor Who )
                                -INTERNET SPIN OFF SERIES!!!! *two thumbs up*

[''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X