• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He walked around naked dancing . He proably fixed it quicjly
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
      I know 100% of the people will have another meaning for it. But I think when Eli smile he's telling to himself while smiling: "Great, I just found out how to repair the pod to keep me alive". Then changes his facial expression to his 'wondering face' wondering about what he will do for the rest of the 2 weeks with the Destiny all by himself since the repair only takes one day.

I think he'd fix it and get in right away to give them the best chance of making it all the way to the next galaxy rather than drifting in.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        He walked around naked dancing . He probably fixed it quickly.
        That reminds me of an episode of Enterprise, where Phlox had to tend to the crew for several weeks. At one point he walked into Sickbay naked, with only plants in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rylor View Post
          I'm in. If Syfy won't give us a third season, we will simply have to do it ourselves
          This is what SG1 fans did, and SGA did as well. You can't rely on SyFy (and more importantly, MGM) to give us ANYMORE Stargate, period, so, you can just leap off from where they left you. Although I was not a big fan of SGU (sorry, just too dark (literally) and dreary), I did watch it and felt it improved toward the end. The last scene with Eli was perhaps one of the best of the entire series, because there was definitely hope there.

As far as series enders go, this one was upbeat, despite 99% of the folk being in the freezer.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
            That reminds me of an episode of Enterprise, where Phlox had to tend to the crew for several weeks. At one point he walked into Sickbay naked, with only plants in front of him.
            Modesty goes out the window when there's no one around to care.

Comment

Why does he has to fixed it, would it be great to see him sacrifice himself for the crew. It seem fixing it would be to easy of a way out, defferently fixing it quickly is out of the door for me.
              Perhaps finding a other way for the him to survive except for the status pod. Not sure how through. 2 weeks worth of supplies for a three years journey does not give us much space for maneuver.

Comment

I've said it in other threads that in my mind he fixes it. I'm ending it on a positive note that all will awake in 3 years time to continue exploring the Universe :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
                  I could envision Eli fixing the pod at the last minute, in his rushed fashion. Gets it, goes to sleep.

Unfortunately, one little insignificant number is off and the crew wakes up 20 years later.

And the crew wake up to find Eli coming out of stasis 20 years older, and he just gives one of his half-smiles and a shrug.
                  Interesting thing about going into stasis on Stargate. People age, but at an extremely slow rate compared to the number of years that go by. i.e. Weir ages about 70 years in stasis over 10,000 years. Anyway, perhaps Eli would not look all that much older after 20 years in stasis.

ArchaeoNerd

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                    If his attempts at repairing the pod is unsuccessful (and nothing else happens). I see him sitting in the chair to join Ginn in the Destiny's memory core
                    Ah very clever. Yes this would work. Well it should because computer memory doesn't need much power. Its just that the "you are here" t-shirt wouldn't look the same on a hologram!

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
                      i just loved that little smile gave right before the credits rolled. that was awesome
                      Yes. He seemed happy come what may.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchaeoNerd View Post
                        Interesting thing about going into stasis on Stargate. People age, but at an extremely slow rate compared to the number of years that go by. i.e. Weir ages about 70 years in stasis over 10,000 years. Anyway, perhaps Eli would not look all that much older after 20 years in stasis.

ArchaeoNerd
                        I seem to have put my spacing in the wrong place in my previous post. I meant in Eli's rush to fix the pod, me makes a one digit error and he ages while in stasis. Was just a funny thought is all.

Comment

Quoting myself from another thread...
                          Let's not forget that Eli still had one brand new, fully operational shuttle. Combine that with three working spacesuits and suddenly Eli could potentially survive a lot longer than two weeks, without draining Destiny's power reserves at all.

Since the shuttle has its own independent power and life support, Eli could live in it and move all of his food supplies there. Then, by using the spacesuits he could continue to work on the damaged stasis pod long after Destiny itself becomes uninhabitable.

Could he make it three years if he couldn't fix the pod? Hard to say with only the information we were given, but this scenario certain increases his odds.

Comment

A month's worth of food for an entire crew wouldn't last one person three years. It'd spoil. In fact, that was part of the point of Young's dinner. It's going to waste, might as well chow down. The suits might give Eli some extra time, but not very much.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                              A month's worth of food for an entire crew wouldn't last one person three years. It'd spoil. In fact, that was part of the point of Young's dinner. It's going to waste, might as well chow down. The suits might give Eli some extra time, but not very much.
                              Think about it...a month worth of food for 40 people would be 40 months of food for one. That's well over three years. As for the spoiling issue, it wouldn't spoil in the frozen vacuum of space, would it? (I'm only considering power-free solutions here, otherwise I'd mention waking Rush up to help with the repairs and putting the food into the stasis pod instead)

Comment

I imagine kind of a "Unending" Scenario. Eli tries to fix it and once he sees that he wont make it, he will try to upload himself only to find himself with insufficient power resources.
                                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                                There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Working...
                                X