Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't think that they'll actually wait three years (in real life) to show us the conclusions?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
      you know we saved their asses twice. 1st time was from the attack by anubis in Homecoming and the second when they decided to test that dang naquadria bomb on one of the rival countries and it almost caused a chain reaction. yeah we may owe them due to the fact that we tried to dial destiny but in reality, Jonas quinn should've been the one to conduct the negotiations on the langaran side.
      yeah your right. it would have been pretty epic to see jonas as a guest star on an SGU episode.

Comment

One could consider Epilogue a proper ending

But this was epic, mirrored the beginning, imo they didn't know for sure that it would be cancelled, the end scenes were done "Just in case"

Which is good because it almost gives you hope for a revival in a few years (next decade)

I only started watching this in 2002, but hot damn thats a good 9 years watching the same franchise.

Godspeed Stargate and may the force be with you
        Tst

Comment

I really loved this episode... everything in this serie is now in balance, so too bad we have no ending to the overall story (yet..) But as an end of this season it is really well done.

Comment

It worked as an ending for the whole show. It was beautiful and yet the best ending of a Stargate show up to date, it managed easily to beat EotG and Unending. I loved it. Everything of it.
            sigpic

Comment

It would be difficult to write a better finale for SG-U. The pullback of Eli completely fascinated with the majesty of the view, totally alone, was epic.

This is also Sci-Fi and people only die when they want a raise or they want to go. Maybe the chair, maybe aliens or maybe like The Sopranos, ???

I laughed at the feeble commercials for the replacement shows. That just ain't happening!

Dear China: Have you ever seen a series called Stargate?..............

Comment

Respectful, outstanding and emotional finish. I hope SGU will continue in books or comics after MGM will get it's **** together (and hopefully Brad and rest of writers won't turn down this idea). But it gave me some closure for now.

Thank you guys for everything.

Comment

Well i really really enjoyed that, definitely one of the best SGU episodes. It is such a crime that it got cancelled.

Seriously compare the last four episodes of SGU (Common Descent, Epilogue, Blockade & Gauntlet) to the first few of season one (Air, Darkness, Light, Water, etc). You can see there was a definite jump in quality.

- Drones were interesting but they really weren' the focus of the episode.
                  - I was constantly thinking, somethings going to happen, somethings going to go wrong, and it did again and again, first with the 8 broken pods, then with Rush, Eli and Young essentially drawing straws.
                  - Really liked the character moments, very well done, and not cheesy at all.
                  - The sequence at the end with Eli, and then the ship sailing into deep space, fantastic ending.
                  - Great to see Eli go out on a high note, (possibly) taking one for the team.

I'd say overall, Stargate went out on a high note. *salutes*

Comment

As an episode it was very good. As a series ending it was great. As other have said it is a nice metaphor for a franchise which may have to go in Stasis for a couple of months or years.

For a moment, toward the end, I thought Eli would try to repair the pod then sit in the chair to join Ginn in the Destiny's memory system. But the ending was beautiful since every possibilities are open. Eli can repair the pod, the drones can find and attack the ship, earth may have found another idea or could provide supply (with Langara help maybe), they can wake up in 3 years in the next galaxy or in 100 at the edge of the universe.

Again beautiful metaphor for a great franchise going into a little hiatus. For many fans, Stargate also been part of the family the last 17 years in some small way. Let's hope it re-awake from stasis with a whole new future sooner rather than later.
                    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

What a beautiful ending, I was really worried it would end on a massive life or death situation in the middle of an epic space battle with the drones where the shields are about to fail, several characters are trapped in damaged area's and about to die, a nearby Star is about to explode and the gate is stuck open and Alien Velociraptors and pouring through. But instead we got a really fitting ending which actually gave some closure and allowed us to say goodbye to each character individually as they got into the pods. Plus it tied off the past year by shifting into another new galaxy, closing the story of the Drones and possibly the Blues. It also gave us a 3 year window... come on relaunch!!!

I' am really sad that Stargate Universe and Stargate as a whole has come to an end. I really enjoyed this 3rd series right from the opening scene in Air as the Destiny slowing flew into shot (BTW, loved how the ending of Gauntlet was almost a mirror image to the start of Air, with the lights turning off and the ship flying away, perfect). I am particularly sad that Stargate Universe was cut right in its prime, just as it was starting to find its balance. Thanks to the very nature of Destiny constantly switching galaxies I could have seen Universe go on for years like SG-1, never getting dull and always changing and introducing new elements and mythology.

Goodbye Stargate Universe, goodbye Stargate. Thanks for everything, I shall be enjoying and re-enjoying you on DVD (and eventually Crystals ) for years to come.

Thanks you. MechThor
                      sigpic
                      Banner Made By Me for Me
                      The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

That was, without a shadow of a doubt, one of the finest endings to a TV show I have ever seen.

Vale, Stargate. You will be missed.
                        sigpic

Comment

Perfect. Just the absolutely perfect ending to this series, and to the Stargate franchise. All through the final scene I was convinced that a command ship would suddenly appear, leaving the series on a cliffhanger, and as we saw Destiny starting to fly away from the camera I was wailing at the screen, “End it! End it now!” And when they ended it now, I wailed in total relief, and in anguish that it was over, and cried solidly for an hour afterwards before I could even start typing. Perfect ending. Just perfect.

And now - apart from stopping to add this comment - I'm typing like a lunatic to get this transcript done ... even though I never want it to end! Eight years of typing Stargate transcripts - what am I going to do with my life in future?!

Comment

I enjoyed the episode, although one part underlined what I don't like about the writing of many episodes of the show: The totally pointless battle with the drones/getting the materials off the planet. Volker: The last eight pods won't work. Everybody else: Who will Young decide to kill off? And then in five minutes it's totally resolved in the middle of the episode, adding nothing more than a CGI battle scene and nothing to the actual story other than a side quest.

Sorry for ranting a bit, it's just that I finally put a finger on why the action scenes in SGU are often boring in spite of the SFX: They pull this stunt too many times, and in the end there is no drama or tension attached to it

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                              As an episode it was very good. As a series ending it was great. As other have said it is a nice metaphor for a franchise which may have to go in Stasis for a couple of months or years.

For a moment, toward the end, I thought Eli would try to repair the pod then sit in the chair to join Ginn in the Destiny's memory system. But the ending was beautiful since every possibilities are open. Eli can repair the pod, the drones can find and attack the ship, earth may have found another idea or could provide supply (with Langara help maybe), they can wake up in 3 years in the next galaxy or in 100 at the edge of the universe.

Again beautiful metaphor for a great franchise going into a little hiatus. For many fans, Stargate also been part of the family the last 17 years in some small way. Let's hope it re-awake from stasis with a whole new future sooner rather than later.
                              You just about sum up my thoughts exactly, even the jumping into the chair and uploading himself into the mainframe for a bit of time with Gin, that way they could explain away his impending death and bring him back as a EMH (Eli Mathboy Hologram) to interact with the crew, but sadly we'll never find out.

A small part of me hopes this whole cancellation business is just some idiot Skiffy executive's warped idea of viral advertising the show seeing as it said "Now: Stargate Universe Season Finale" in the corner of the screen and not "Now: Stargate Universe Series Finale", but it's only a small part.

R.I.P. Stargate, 1994-2011.

Comment

Loved the ending. We have all seen so many improbable, last minute wrap ups of great series and in this case, we got a show just beginning to show its promise with a great ending.

Nice switch.

Comment

Working...
                                X