Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ending of the episode greatly improved my opinion of the whole episode overall. Very glad we got to see the Stargate used in the last episode, not that I wasn't expecting it but...well...nevermind. The ending of the episode reminds me very much of how SGU began.

Too bad we didn't get to see what would happen next.

I will say it many more times. The long Stargate hiatus begins now.

Comment

i would love to see everybody weaking up and see "old" Eli.
      f.... you syfy you are dead to me
      Patito

Comment

*sniff*

Noooooo!!!!!!! It's over!!

OMG. I'm still crying here. When I started watching the episode, I didn't even expect to cry. But...when they all started saying goodbye to their loved ones, and got in the stasis pods...I just lost it. When they all said goodbye to each other...it seemed so final. Then...when Eli said that he'd be the one to stay, is where I lost it. I loved how Young said that they were like family. That was nice. And...Rush told Eli that he has potential. That was nice of him. So...it did bother Rush that Eli was smarter than him.

That was pretty cool when they used one of the shuttles to take out that mothership. I was like, cool!

Let's hope they survive 3 years. May be in 3 years MGM will have the means to make the SGU movie. Here's to 2013.
        sigpic
        Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          actually SGU started a few weeks after Enemy at the gate and that was in 2009 so really its still 2010 in the SG Universe. so three years would be 2013.
          Enemy at the Gate aired in January and Air Part 1 aired in October. Besides, they've caught up with us (as far as timelines go) because it took them a month to travel pass the Faithliens' planet and months more to cross the void between galaxies.

They're in real time.
          sigpic
          ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

They didn't know it would be the series ender until after everything was already completed.

Originally posted by r81984 View Post
            Not at all.
            It was a great season ender, but a terrilbe series ender.
            The non-ending endings are what bad writers do.

They should have changed the script when they knew it would be the final episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
              We've known it was going to be a cliffhanger since December......
              it was a ending more then a cliffhanger IMO
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Great Ending - very sad to see them power the ship down (fitting as it's now the end of the franchise). Some have mentioned they may have had an inkling this would be the end and i certainly agree. It didn't provide closer but this isn't the typical cliffhanger we're used to seeing from Stargate. And in my mind, Eli lives. To me this was the most powerful end to a Stargate series yet...

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                  Very nice ending to a series! A barely call that a cliff hanger. They've come full circle.
                  Totaly agree. It started with Eli and ended with him. And he was happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
                    Enemy at the Gate aired in January and Air Part 1 aired in October. Besides, they've caught up with us (as far as timelines go) because it took them a month to travel pass the Faithliens' planet and months more to cross the void between galaxies.

They're in real time.
                    I think he is refering to the fact that Air in continuity is a few weeks after EATG
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Torchwood: SG-U

The British invade the Stargate, Captain Jack Harkness and the gang take control of Destiny. Use tech stolen from the Daleks and Cybermen.

Comment

Originally posted by r81984 View Post
                        Not at all.
                        It was a great season ender, but a terrilbe series ender.
                        The non-ending endings are what bad writers do.

They should have changed the script when they knew it would be the final episode.
                        The episodes were already written, shot, produced and finished when the cancellation news came.

They were banking on a third season.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                          it was a ending more then a cliffhanger IMO
                          Oh I agree. I was just pointing out that we all knew it wasn't going to be spectacular closure episode since December.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            I think he is refering to the fact that Air in continuity is a few weeks after EATG
                            I am. Thanks.

Comment

from SG-1 to SGU ... it was a part of me that now is gone... im sad now

BURN IN __ THE PEOPLE WHO MADE THIS HAPPEN!!!

for the time being.. This is the End of the Stargate Franchise

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                                3 years is just about when the sga movie will come out and we've got a way to gate them supplies
                                I hope you are right and they continue the show eventually...you figure the scripts for the SG1 and SGA movies are already complete. I hope the ratings were sky high and people buy the SGA blue ray set. MGM needs to see Stargate is not dead just syfy lost its way and turned its back on the genre!

You never know guys...
                                Save SGA!

Comment

Working...
                                X