This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
    Full marks. This is a better ending than Unending and Enemy At The Gate combined - the sheer emotion I've felt for these characters has topped even ten years of SG-1 and five of SGA, because the feeling of the story being unfulfilled makes it all the more a knife in the gut. This was just brilliant, and I loved every second of it. So damn bittersweet.
    I was just thinking the same thing about the other 2 shows endings of SGA and SG1. The ending of SGU was much more thoughtful, and felt it has come around full circle with the ship and Eli. Definitely connected on an emotional level with all the characters.
    sigpic
    LordRush - "Battle stations!" "Marines, Kree!"

Comment

A solid 10/10.

I loved the ending... it felt poetic.
      sigpic
      Don't touch Lola

Comment

One word; Outstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
          I'm happily surprised - instead of feeling bitter and left out in the cold, I feel good. Good about the Destiny, good about her crew, good about the story, and good about the ending.

10/10 - I can't believe they pulled it off, but they actually gave Destiny a real ending. If this is her very last dance, it was lovely.
          Well said. Amazing end to the series especially since they didn't know if it would continue. Beautiful episode- 10/10. I'll miss you sgu and the stargate franchise.

Comment

One of best season closures (and here unwanted series closures) ever. Yeah, and I can't vote 11, so 10 feels just compromise for it. And yeah, I know that's probably dreaming but I kinda like idea "after 3 years". Maybe there's a chance that MGM turns around and at least gives us comics and books. There's time to think about it.

Comment

I thought it was perfect. Even if it wasn't intended as a series ending, it certainly could play the part and offers some closure. I was worried when I started watching Gauntlet that it would be a cliffhanger like 'resurgence' or 'incursion part 2' where all our characters were threatened with doom and death and we would have to wait to find out what'd happen after the show returned. This episode is the preperation of a smart plan to get to another galaxy sometime in the future. I'm not even worried about Eli. Complete faith whatever happens to him.

The show couldn't have ended any better. I loved having a music montage again and the reuse of Air shots, but rewinded. These last 4 episodes are my favourite SG episodes of 17 seasons. How could you hate this? I guess you could be "meh, it was ok" , but how could you hate this? It was classic stargate, preparing a plan, evading bad guys and solving the problems that occur along the way.

10/10

Comment

Taking people to task - or snarking about or commenting on - how others voted is and has always been off topic.

Those that always vote low are no different than those that always vote a 10... each of you are blindly trying to rig a poll....and I notice that the '10' voters outnumber the low voters by more than 10 to one.

so stop going on about it and just worry about yourself
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i really liked the episode and the way it ended with Eli looking out of the ship was lovely

Comment

10. Perfect.

So much more than a "And they all lived happily ever after".

Excuse me, I need to go cry some more.
                    sigpic

Comment

Simply excellent. A perfect, if bittersweet series finale. 10/10.
                      sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

9. What a great ending-*sob*-with the Destiny flying off into the distance.
                        I'm going to miss this show

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                          10. Perfect.

So much more than a "And they all lived happily ever after".

Excuse me, I need to go cry some more.
                          I know, it was very emotional!
                          sigpic
                          Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

76% 10's.. I can't remember having seen a poll look like that

Comment

I'm sure some of our love of the episode is colored by the strong emotion we all feel at the ending of the series.

But it was a very good ending. The writers, actors, and crew gave us a gift, and I'm pretty grateful.
                              sigpic
                              Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post
                                76% 10's.. I can't remember having seen a poll look like that
                                Me neither Glad to see so many people enjoyed the final episode.
                                sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

Working...
                                X