What does Rush want?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he's said it clearly in the past.

the mission is to get to where they're going, not about getting home. where they're going is the source of the signal in the bacground cosmic radiation.

the information on novus was useless to him because it won't get the ship where it's going faster, it won't contain spare parts, and TJ is still alive so they're not re-learning medicine or anything.

on novus, he went looking for what might be viable - air filtration. there were no parts, but an underground bunker needs a way for people to breathe for a few years. the rest of the tech is behind what the ancients built into destiny, and information is a distraction.

......... well said.Might i also add that the last time Rush was distracted(Hope), it didn't end too well.While everyone else was busy trying to watch ''Past Days OF our Lives'' Rush was trying to keep everyone onboard( including those just picked up) alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
      I think bringing Destiny up to as close to working order as possible is an easy second for him.

BUT he never seems to show as much zeal for repairing Destiny as he does for everyone to focus on the mission

So he is kind of conflicted, almost one track mind

N.C
      agreed, and rep system is irritating me (no greenie for ya )

if repairing the destiny would directly contribute to the success of the mission, he'd be on it straight away. however, because the ship can mostly limp from a to b, and hopefully on through to c, his focus on repairs is just enough to survive another onslaught of drones, smurfs or whatever.
      Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

Well, obviously Rush wants to kill Santa Clause for never giving him his Barbie.
        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

The descendants are a constant reminder to everyone that they could **** the mission off and still be happy. That's the last thing he wants.

Comment

actually, the descendants in a way should make him happy.

now he's got even more labourers for the mission, and if someone dies... well, there's a lot more people, making even more of them expendable
            Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
              The descendants are a constant reminder to everyone that they could **** the mission off and still be happy. That's the last thing he wants.
              Also if Novus wasn't in trouble and there is another human civilization in this part of the universe , there might have been a possibility that a large part of Destiny crew might have decided to stay on Novus instead of continue the mission on Destiny.

Although if he met up with the Futurans, there's possibility that he might have a large number of skilled personal volunteers to help him on the mission who worship him like a god.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor One View Post
                What does Rush want?

Cigarettes. Caffeine..
                With as long as he has been with out both cold turkey, i would say he is well over them.

Comment

Well, Rush wants to complete the "mission". What exactly that mission is is kind of open to interpretation. Is it important to humanity? Quite possibly... maybe, perhaps.

The big question I have always had is this: when the heck is the "mission" going to end? (other than in another two episodes. )

Has there ever been any indication that the "mission" would be completed in the next couple of years, or even in the lifetime of anyone currently on the crew? If the mission is supposed to take another X millions of years, then without a constant, reliable connection between Destiny and constant re-supply from Earth I'd say they're crazy to go on.

regards,
                  G.
                  Go for Marty...

Comment

Rush himself admits he has no idea when it ends, but given how long it's been going, they have to be close.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                      Rush himself admits he has no idea when it ends, but given how long it's been going, they have to be close.
                      Well, the universe is pretty big place....

regards,
                      G.

PS - initially I looked at the thread title and thought of Vir.
                      Go for Marty...

Comment

That it is, but Rush isn't going to let that stop him.

Comment

I think it's actually the last thing he could give a toss about. He was looking for a way to keep all those people alive. Why is that such a bad thing?

Can I also point that he is now thoroughly absolved of any suspicion about what the other him did in Twin Destinies.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
                            You would think the whole novus plotline would interest Rush, but he clearly didnt give a s***. I know what concerns him is the "mission" but what entails this mission? I feel as a viewer im left out on whatever Rush is working on. Whats even more surprising is how he didn't want to take advantage of the knowledge Novus might possess since that might aid in his mission. There is something hidden from us pertaining to Rush and novus but i can't point my finger on it.
                            I'm not sure Rush has a mission. People suffering from mental disorders are goal oriented but that goal can vary from day to day.

The problem Rush has was that he needed another dry/soluble/regenerative CO2 sorbant. Since there is really no use for such a thing on an advanced planet he basically had to google up something. I personally would have taken a crew to home depot and got the stuff to assemble a MEA scrubber similar to what you would find on a submarine.

Comment

You forgot the not needing him part.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                                You forgot the not needing him part.
                                they don't need him if they are stranded on a planet, they need him while they are on the ship though

Comment

Working...
                                X