X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
    I wondered that too but:
    Women generally tend to live longer than men.
    In a society without modern medicine or antibiotics it wasn't uncommon for women to die in childbirth.(Wray apparently didn't have children)
    Camille's character is probably about 40's with Eli, Chloe Scott Ect in their mid-20's
    so if they died at 70-Wray could be about 90 in that last scene.
    Sounds about right.
    sigpic

Comment

Does anybody else know about the ALS awareness campaign taking place in May? I believe that the writers decided to have TJ die from ALS as opposed to any other diseases in order to contribute to raising awareness about the disease. I hope that if this is what the writers intended to do that at least a few people, such as myself, learn more about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shokada View Post
        Does anybody else know about the ALS awareness campaign taking place in May? I believe that the writers decided to have TJ die from ALS as opposed to any other diseases in order to contribute to raising awareness about the disease. I hope that if this is what the writers intended to do that at least a few people, such as myself, learn more about it.
        Didn't know about it. Thanks for posting the info. Do you have a link or anything on the campaign?
        sigpic

Comment

There are bits and pieces all over the internet about it. I came across the awareness month by chance after watching Epilogue whilst looking at what fantastic holidays there are in April and May on some website I found on Google relating to the various different holidays in each month.

I'm interested to see if anybody else knows anything else about it. I might check to see if Carl Binder has a blog, as the writer of the episode he probably would have written an entry on it.

Comment

This season of SGU has been absolutely great. This back half has really trended to what Stargate is all we are accustomed to seeing. Epilogue was magnificently written and played out wonderfully on the screen. The special effects was turned up a notch these last 8 and soon to be 10 episodes.

It is sad that SyFy felt they had to judge this franchise so quickly. Especially when you consider the money they made with the Stargate Franchise over these many years. Someone should consider doing a 5 to 7 episode to put finality to this series. It was done with "Jericho". But they wouldn't do it with the NBC series "Surface".

Enough people spoke out and NBC renewed "Chuck" one additional season and SGU is a much better series than Chuck. Don't get me wrong, I really like Chuck but come on there is no comparison other than one is mainstream and the other is not.

Maybe if the writers included WWE into the SGU storyline there would have been a better chance of adding a third season on SyFy.

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiRick View Post
              Maybe if the writers included WWE into the SGU storyline there would have been a better chance of adding a third season on SyFy.
              please please no

if the show can't stand on its own two feet, then there's no point writing gimmicks in to catch an audience. i don't mind the odd wrestler popping out to do films and suchlike, but not to draw ratings to a show so far removed
              Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

If it were not for "Caprica" failing I would have suggested "Stargate Novus" as a possible spin off series. I don't think Sci Fi Fans find being on the ground as entertaining as space, beam weapons, subspace, aliens, space ships etc. They would have to do it like SG-1 in that the series starts when gate travel is up, running and traveling to other planets from Novus Command. But, "Done That" comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Keeper View Post
                  please please no

if the show can't stand on its own two feet, then there's no point writing gimmicks in to catch an audience. i don't mind the odd wrestler popping out to do films and suchlike, but not to draw ratings to a show so far removed
                  Lol. I was just being sarcastic.

Comment

yet i can think of one or two people i know who would probably START watching it if WWE was brought in

as for stargate novus - you're right, been there done that. but with the added factor of, as far as we know there's no other humanoid life forms in this galaxy, and the only other intelligent life we've found was the predator in the hunt. i'm not really sure what they'd be exploring
                    Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

Originally posted by Spidey3121 View Post
                      Fantastic episode... this is Stargate, and science fiction, at it's finest.
                      This
                      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Did anyone notice the statue of Young at the beginning when you see the shuttle come to a landing? Look at the statues right breast pocket and you will see the name "Young".

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiRick View Post
                          Did anyone notice the statue of Young at the beginning when you see the shuttle come to a landing? Look at the statues right breast pocket and you will see the name "Young".
                          I didn't notice the name, I just assumed it was Young because it kinda looked like him. (and who else would it be, really)
                          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                            Didn't notice, sorry. Only things that were shown was that thing Greer ate and air filter stuff. If they did get clothing, then hopefully we get to see 'em or at least hear a mention in the next two episodes.
                            Not specifically, but from prior experience in Jacksonville as a comrel project, we had to set up 3 hurricane shelters.. each had food, water, medical supplies AND clothes in.
                            So since that bunker was set up as a shelter, it would not surprise me in the least to see some of those crates having clothing in.

Comment

I'm curious;if that planet the expedition was found on was only a week away why didn't the novusians(yeah i made it up) try and get to that planet in their ships.I know with no ftl it would take them much longer than a week but surely not 200 years.

Comment

Originally posted by caribsci View Post
                                I'm curious;if that planet the expedition was found on was only a week away why didn't the novusians(yeah i made it up) try and get to that planet in their ships.I know with no ftl it would take them much longer than a week but surely not 200 years.
                                200 years is reasonable when your NOT going faster than light.

Comment

Working...
                                X