No announcement yet.

Who Cares?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I care very much. Of course it sucks not to have a real series ending for SGU but there's nothing I can do other than enjoy the remaining episodes as much as I can.
    sigpic

Comment

I care a lot. Lots of shows don't finish out the way they'd like. They don't get any less enjoyable for me
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by Buck32 View Post
        but doesn't it frustrate you to know that this story in all probablility will not have an ending?
        possibly but what would fustrate me more is not seeing those 9 episodes .

i'm personally happy to at least get to see the last episodes, syfy could have been like "we canceled it so we're not going to air them".
        sigpic

Comment

I care- I intend to savor every minute of the last 9 episodes. Sure, I wish it had a proper ending-but lot's of shows I've enjoyed over the years have not.

Comment

I care, and I'm enjoying the ride for as long as it lasts. Good stories are good stories, to be enjoyed, even if you don't get the "real" ending.
            sigpic
            Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
              I care, and I'm enjoying the ride for as long as it lasts. Good stories are good stories, to be enjoyed, even if you don't get the "real" ending.
              This.

If I'd Stopped watching after Resurgence the I'd still be left with a cliff hanger, with no "proper" ending, in fact probably even less of an ending than Gauntlet will probably provide. So I may as well stick around for another 10 episodes of excellent tv that I enjoy.

Comment

I have been waiting months why would I not watch the last ever episodes of a show I've watched from the beginning?

Comment

Asking who cares on a forum for fans of SG is like asking if anyone fancies a drink at an AA meeting...
                  Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                    This.

If I'd Stopped watching after Resurgence the I'd still be left with a cliff hanger, with no "proper" ending, in fact probably even less of an ending than Gauntlet will probably provide. So I may as well stick around for another 10 episodes of excellent tv that I enjoy.
                    This is precisely what bugs me when folks say they aren't watching the last ten because it ends on a cliffhanger. They're already on one!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
                      Asking who cares on a forum for fans of SG is like asking if anyone fancies a drink at an AA meeting...
                      Yeah i see what you mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                        This is precisely what bugs me when folks say they aren't watching the last ten because it ends on a cliffhanger. They're already on one!
                        HAHAHA SO TRUE! In your FACE Cliff Hangers!!!

Comment

I care!
                          sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
                            Tried to green you but couldnt....

Thats gold!
                            sigpic

Comment

I think the ratings pointed things out quite clearly and transparently. In the US you basically have a million or so give or take hard core fans who care for the show immensely and are going to watch it to the bitter end. You had about another hundred thousand who thought it was "ok" and would watch it as able, and another couple hundred thousand who found it ok'sh but I think news of the cancellation has driven those last 2 groups of around 400 thousand or so away having them doing the sort of "oh well" thing. That is strictly my opinion but I suspect it will be born out through the ratings.

Comment

I do care because I'm used to shows ending on cliffhangers. I mean, I've also seen shows that did NOT end on cliffhangers that had terrible finales that still left me wanting more - Star Trek Voyager and Enterprise come to mind. Just because a show doesn't have a true ending doesn't mean its not a good show. Terminator: The Sarah Connor chronicles also ended on a HUGE cliffhanger after it was canceled after season 2 - probably a bigger cliffhanger than SGU will end on, but that series never got resolution, unless you count Terminator: Salvation (which I don't since it doesn't acknowledge TSCC at all).

The difference between a show ending on a cliffhanger and one ending on a true finale is this: with a cliffhanger you will get fans always writing about what could have been. With a finale, you get fans writing about what SHOULD have been. The aforementioned Star Trek Voyager and Enterprise come to mind as shows that have had very weak finales that did not please fans much at all. Also Lost and Battlestar Galactica come to mine -there are people like me who are okay with both shows finales and there are those who hate the endings of both shows, especially Lost.

I will take every new second of Stargate I can get, even if it means SGU ending on a cliffhanger, but I would think that if MGM wants to continue with the franchise they would want to give the producers SOMETHING to conclude it on because how do you come up with a new series when your last one never ended (Atlantis doesn't really count since it was more open-ended like SG-1, the only really burning question the finale left isn't what happened to the Wraith, since we all know that would end one day, but does Atlantis go back to the Pegasus galaxy), other than completely rebooting the franchise - while Star Trek was at that point, I definitely don't feel that Stargate is at the point that it needs any kind of reboot yet. Now, if they do a fourth series and that meets a short end like SGU did THEN I would say its time to shelve it for a few and reboot - and if and when that happens they shouldn't erase everything IMO but should ALWAYS use the original movie as a starting point.
                                That is just my two cents.

Comment

Working...
                                X