This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Evil 37 View Post
    And he wasn't rapped up in Destiny from the very beginning? I wouldn't call him a robot; if you watch "Seizure" he is very loving and emotive there. I think it's just because we haven't had an episode focus on him since then. I still love his character, even when he's being a dick.
    I've never really cared for Rush...then again...I can't think of any character that Robert Carlyle has played that I like.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      I've never really cared for Rush...then again...I can't think of any character that Robert Carlyle has played that I like.
      I can't think of any character that Robert Carlyle has played that I DIDN'T like. Rush is just so devious, so manipulating, so mysterious; you are never quite sure of what he is doing or why. I love characters who are flawed and more interesting like that.

Comment

I can't think of any character that Robert Carlyle has played that I DIDN'T like. Rush is just so devious, so manipulating, so mysterious; you are never quite sure of what he is doing or why. I love characters who are flawed and more interesting like that.
        I don't mind flawed characters, but Robert Carlyle's characters are always a bit over the edge.
        sigpic

Comment

I actually think Jason looks a lot like Eli, and Ellie looks like Chloe. I think it's pretty clear that Yauzou is descended from Camille, although I guess it is possible that he learned Chinese from Camille's real descendant.
          Agreed. Ellie definately seemed similar to Chloe. Jason looked a bit like Eli, but also a bit like Scott. I guess this is that " rather interesting, if somewhat limited, gene pool" that Vala was talking about in Avalon?

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post
            Agreed. Ellie definately seemed similar to Chloe. Jason looked a bit like Eli, but also a bit like Scott. I guess this is that " rather interesting, if somewhat limited, gene pool" that Vala was talking about in Avalon?
            HA! I had forgotten all about that!! I think i'm gonna go rewtach that classic moment. Thanks for the reminder

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post
              Yes, I agree that Jason looked a little like Eli...but I think he looked more like Scott.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                As for the drones, I don't think they were created on Novis. Eli and Rush studied one, and would have been able to tell right away if it was human technology.
                Just wanted to comment on this part. We would assume this only IF the parts of the drone were labled or stamped with identifying information. To assume we would be able to identify human technology would be unrealistic. Would we have identified the Tollan's technology as human? Remember they had the exact same amount of time to improve themselves technologically as Earth did, they just didn't have "The Dark Ages" so their technology was far superior to even the Goa'uld (until Anubis came along).

Comment

Solid classic sci-fi. And true to SGU they go deeper into the idea than your average sci-fi show that would have wrapped everything up and hit the reset button in a single episode. Loved it!
                  I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

Amazing episode. The people chosen to play Destiny's descendants look a lot like the ancients from SG-1 and Ark of Truth etc. Cool!

I hate how a lot of people did not like SGU because it had a big wind up. SG-1 ended so soon because it was difficult to keep it interesting without repeating stuff, along with a bunch of other reasons. So with SGU, they decided to have a longer wind up and set the story line of the whole series in a good foundation. That takes a season or two. SGU could have easily had like 15 seasons because the foundations are so strong.

Now that the episodes have started to get better its already canceled. Bunch of bs. I don't get how the SyFy channel can ditch such a money baby as Stargate. Even if the ratings got bad SyFy should have stuck with it and gave it a chance, after all its STARGATE!!!! SciFi original....

Comment

I find it quite easy to figure out what he is doing. Rush is always about doing what benefits him and what he cares about no matter what the cost may be.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                        Yes, I agree that Jason looked a little like Eli...but I think he looked more like Scott.
                        He just looked very cute!

A very good episode very long overdue imo

Comment

Originally posted by eonflux View Post
                          He just looked very cute!

A very good episode very long overdue imo
                          Very much so!
                          sigpic

Comment

I thought Ellie ( Or Ely? ) was really cute.

Comment

Classic Stargate feeling here. Now I am really pissed, the last episodes have been superb... its more saddening to see this franchise go! I loved this episode so much! I enjoyed it very much!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                                Classic Stargate feeling here. Now I am really pissed, the last episodes have been superb... its more saddening to see this franchise go! I loved this episode so much! I enjoyed it very much!
                                Yes...I wonder why the last few episodes have kick booty...if it had been like this all along...we might have got a 3rd season.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X