Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has been like this all along. The writing from the beginning definitely had a direction and you would tell right away that there would be growth. I knew from the episodes darkness and light that their plan was to go long and go deep. It's the same show it was from the beginning.
    I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

This really did feel classic SG. I've not given any episode a 10 but this one I'll give a 10. Great episode so far. Loved the way they were tracking them, loved the way they got a signal out to destiny, loved the idea of where the others went.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil 37 View Post
        I can't think of any character that Robert Carlyle has played that I DIDN'T like.
        Hitler?

Comment

Both of the actors who played Ellie and Jason looked familiar. Does anyone know the actors names?
          sigpic
          The Return of King Arthur
          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
          acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Katie Findlay & Reilly Dolman

Comment

Although I do think season 1 would have been to soon to do something like an episode like this they should have had episodes like this in season one no doubt if they had episodes more often like this sgu prob wouldn't have been canceled this really takes me back to the old sg1 eps where the first time they go back in time and meet young general hammon and stuff like that it's great to have episodes like this it's sad that sgu is canceled now

Comment

Originally posted by senilegreen View Post
                Let me ask you all a question: how many of you could build a house from scratch, without tools? Or, how many of you could even make a barrel (complete with metal bands), from scratch?
                I think that someone who built a still on a space ship would be capable of that task. Bear in mind that at one time we could walk to a stream and pull nuggets of gold right off the shoreline. It's just that we've been here a while and most of those nuggets have been put to use. Or at least locked away in vaults. But on an unspoiled world, raw materials would literally be laying around per say. And with engineers all around, plus a few military types. Anything is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                  Loved seeing the Drones again. The city at the ending was just awesomely done.
                  At first when we started seeing it, i was reminded of the Asuran City, but then i saw there was no bridges....

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                  really enjoyed seeing how the other destiny crew lived and it made me have this feeling of how the pilgrams first came over here to the U.S
                  Which might explain why they still spoke English.

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                  Can't wait for the repeat to see the first half, because the second alone was awesome. The city was amazing, the drones were relentless as always. I particularly loved how they blew an entire section out of the gate. That was a nice touch. You never saw that in the other series.
                  Which makes me wonder. WE saw in the other series it take a lot more to destroy a gate, but those were made of Naquida. So does this mean these are NOT made of naquida?

Originally posted by SG-17 View Post
                  The city was amazing, I just wish that we would have found it populated on the verge of disaster, kind of like SGA's Inferno.
                  If it was a supervolcano that errupted, that might explain why the gate could no longer connect.. its buried or got melted!

Eli is starting to become the Daniel Jackson of the group when they were in the village and he wanted to see the testament.
                  Being it was all kino'ed it looked like, it wouldn't be surprising to me, to see him want to see it. As it seems he is the expert on all things Kino related..

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                  What do you want to bet the rush worshippers unleashed those drones on the galaxy?
                  Doubt it.. otherwise they would have known what the drones were.

those colonists really were stranded. i mean they didn't even have the communication stones to let earth know.
                  I am actually surprised we didn't see (or even just hear) of someone using the stone's to connect to Earth and tell HWC about what was going on.. i am sure they would have LOVED to hear about this discovery!

Originally posted by Airlock View Post
                  i got this feeling that Rush knew more about what was going on than he led on.
                  I didn't.. In fact, i was wondering if Rush was just being his usual cagy self.

Originally posted by Airlock View Post
                  Rush is a moody b**ch sometimes. I was really confused by his actions on the bridge when Wray tried to introduce him. It's like he was hardcore dodging. Even when Eli first proposed the theory that the other Destiny crew was sent back in time, there was this closeup shot of Rush with a look on his face as if the others were getting closer to a truth he was hoping they'd never find out. And it just seems odd that all this fascinating stuff is happening and Rush carries on not only uninterested, but seemingly anti. Strange to say the least. I'd like to think we'll get more on this next episode.
                  Perhaps cause it might prove he was Wrong in the rest dying, which was part of the guilt that Alt rush carried, which made him go sit in the chair.. And that is weighing on rush.

Originally posted by m626 View Post
                  Rush has mixed feelings about all of this. He's probably relieved in his own crazy way that his alternate self didn't kill the crew when the wormhole disengaged and is upset to know a portion of the crew's descendants think of him as a demon.
                  While others worship him...

Originally posted by goga View Post
                  The people had solar panels because their home planet was almost as advanced as ours.

What would be really cool is if somehow the people made contact with Asgard and the other 4 races. That would have been siiiiick. I would have loved to see some reference to the Furlings, or one of the others. Ancients were around before that, but maybe 2k years ago there was some war and alliances forming between other races. zomg
                  They maybe advanced by our standards, but i seriously doubt they had anything tech wise that could have let them comm anyone else outside of that galaxy.

Now, as for Rush, my opinion as someone who understands him, is that he is just plain uncomfortable with the idea of being thought of as anything more than a man. He might also be uncomfortable with the idea of a fully developed planet where the crew might want to disembark and live out their lives there. It would have to be tempting to some, to get off the ship and live in a modern world again, even if it wasn't Earth.
                  Especially since that might mean smarter folk than him taking over, OR them abandoning the mission..

Originally posted by LeonK View Post
                  Liked this episode more than last week's.

Did find it odd, though, that the colony had no form of entertainment, like their version of a gameboy or tv.....and also that they didn't seem to have any real weapons other than a knife.....and why didn't they have some form of vehicle? Are they advanced enough to build giant cities or aren't they?

Meh, strangely enough the little annoying things don't seem so annoying to me tonight, probably because I liked the episode more than last week's.
                  Maybe since it was a excursion to see viability of other worlds, they didn't bring much in the way of tech.. other than what was necessary for survival..

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
                  Who knows??? Maybe they are more advanced now than THE Ancients that built Destiny.
                  In just 2000 yrs.. Especially with starting from scratch (with what they carried when they evacuated.).. I seriously doubt they were even 1% closer..

Originally posted by Pecisk View Post
                  Even if you can't buy it legally anywhere? And there is no any hope that you ever have any chance to?
                  Even so, its still bad form around here.

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson View Post
                  I've decided I don't like Rush anymore. He has become a bitter, cynical, S.O.B. He has lost all emotion, and is too rapped up in Destiny that he doesn't even seem human anymore. He's lost his passion. He's more like a robot.
                  IMO not surprising.. He lost Gloria his love.. Found new love in Perry, lost her, Got her back to only get trapped in a simulation of her's, then had her taken away again. Some people get real cynical after just 1 major heart break..

Originally posted by Mr Evil 37 View Post
                  I can't think of any character that Robert Carlyle has played that I DIDN'T like. Rush is just so devious, so manipulating, so mysterious; you are never quite sure of what he is doing or why. I love characters who are flawed and more interesting like that.
                  Some of his i liked, some i didn't.. Some i have not seen.

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                  Katie Findlay & Reilly Dolman
                  Thanks.. Now to IMDB them..Interesting Both are in CD and in Epilogue, but only Katie is listed as being in both.

Comment

What a great episode this was. Definitely one of Universe's finest episodes to date. Seeing this episode made me even more upset about the cancellation though. What a shame that this is almost over. But for now, I just want to look forward to next week. I can't wait to see what happens next.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

After watching this ep, I've only got one question:

WHY THE HELL WOULD MGM/SyFy CANCEL SG:U again??? This show should've been at the very bottom of the list when it came time to decide what to cancel....and this is one fan who's gonna wait until season 3 of any new series before speding (lest wasting) any time watching it.

Comment

Let's see....
                        1. very expensive to make
                        2. chased away the female viewers right off the bat
                        3. chased off franchise fans mid way thru first season
                        4. fear of cancellation prompted TPTB to make it watchable
                        5. the women and SG fans never looked back to realize it was the SG they grew up watching
                        6. the show is great now but the improvements in season 2 runs a risk of losing those fans that loved season 1
                        7. syfy can't make money
                        8. MGM had opportunity to profit share from sales of the original showings overseas and chose to stick it to syfy
                        9. Syfy dropped it

really it is just this simple

Comment

the troll-esque nature of that post ignoring:

the fans that left never returned to see it got better
                          those who were biased against it never watched it
                          whoever thought there wasn't enough action never pulled through.

Comment

If I were crew member on Destiny, I'd stay far away from Eli, Scott and Greer. At least on off-world missions. They have tendency to get stuck on alien planets.

Regardless, I think this descendats' storyline is one of the coolest PTB have come with. At least in my opinion.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                              Both of the actors who played Ellie and Jason looked familiar. Does anyone know the actors names?
                              The girl who plays Ellie is a murder victim on AMC's The Killing

Comment

Did anyone notice Young's finger at about 33:35

WTF

Comment

Working...
                                X