This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blazingfire View Post
    If they had more episodes like this, maybe the show wouldn't have done so bad in the ratings.
    God, must we get this comment virtually EVERY episode? It is beyond tiring and played out. Season two has several standout episodes so its not as if TPTB were waiting for to give you good stuff only at the end. Besides...I find it difficult to come up with many or any SG1 and SGA eps to compare this to in terms of quality. So what's their excuse of not having a lot of episodes as good as this over their combined 15 seasons?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
      so whose descendants do you guys think Jason and Ellie are? i'm thinking Scott and Chloe.
      umm this is 2000 years of breeding it wouldn't be the same

Comment

I actually think Jason looks a lot like Eli, and Ellie looks like Chloe. I think it's pretty clear that Yauzou is descended from Camille, although I guess it is possible that he learned Chinese from Camille's real descendant.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil 37 View Post
          I actually think Jason looks a lot like Eli, and Ellie looks like Chloe. I think it's pretty clear that Yauzou is descended from Camille, although I guess it is possible that he learned Japanese from Camille's real descendant.
          Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
            Chinese
            Edited

Comment

I absolutely loved this episode-Can't wait to re-watch.

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
                Not happy that it was Young as TJ's hubby and not Varro. I thought we were past that Other than that it was an awesome ep
                Yeah, I was expecting it to be Varro that showed up.

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                What do you want to bet the rush worshippers unleashed those drones on the galaxy?
                That would be a nice twist. I can't see how they'd work that out though, since they've already established the drones are part of a war between 2 alien races.
                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Wow! That certainly was a fascinating episode! Very compelling! I'm still confused with the whole timeline thing. Timeline episodes always make my brain hurt. Kinda freaky that those people were the descendents of the people on Destiny. It was hard for me to get my head around that. And...happened to all those people? They did seem far advanced in technology and socially. I thought it was kinda funny weird when the descendents talked like Americans. I can't wait to see what happens next week.

I've decided I don't like Rush anymore. He has become a bitter, cynical, S.O.B. He has lost all emotion, and is too rapped up in Destiny that he doesn't even seem human anymore. He's lost his passion. He's more like a robot.
                  sigpic
                  Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson View Post
                    I've decided I don't like Rush anymore. He has become a bitter, cynical, S.O.B. He has lost all emotion, and is too rapped up in Destiny that he doesn't even seem human anymore. He's lost his passion. He's more like a robot.
                    I think he was just seeing the consequences of letting all of these people on board and didn't like it .

So, a group of humans have some kind of cultural split amongst themselves. One seems to believe in some kind of book called the testament all about the "ANCESTORS" and rather than going to war, one group decide to find a new place they may be able to call home??? Hmmmmmmmmmm, this sounds familiar.

Comment

Originally posted by xBladeDragonx View Post
                      Something doesn't sit well with me... This is the third (as far as we know) generation of the Stargate with the Milky Way & Asgard galaxy being the first generation and Pegasus as the second...

We've seen multiple times of the gate surviving massive explosions, being shot at... having an Alkesh crash into it... and so on... But a single drone can destroy a Naquadah gate just by 1 shot?!
                      I've always seen these gates as being inferior to the others.

Originally posted by tomaso88 View Post
                      shouldnt of they ascended like if they ahve been around that long shouldnt their evolution be a lot further similar to the ancients since the asgard said we aren't that far behind well jack wasn't so should of they ascended or have powers?
                      It's only been 2000 years for them. That's not really a lot of time to evolve, definitely not long enough to evolve to the point of ascention.
                      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I think there was a bit too much testosterone on the "How do you know our names" bit..

Wasn't fond of the fact that like the Ancients, the Destiny "Ancients" show up and are a disappointment. Thanks for the supplies, we aren't going to help you and we led the enemy straight to you. (smacks of SG1 200 where SG1 meets the furlings).

2,000 years worth of human advancement starting with Earth's best minds with at worst current human knowledge and at best a whole bunch of ancient knowledge and some Ancient tech. I hope they don't disappoint when they explore the city, they should be way advanced. I fear some disappointment though, I thought I saw what looked like traffic lights on the street (cars?!?).

Small gene pool, Wray most likely needing to get pregnant several times with several men, interesting.

Despite some problems, one of my favorite SGU episodes because I can't wait to see what they find on that planet. Hope they don't disappoint.

Comment

1. alt!eli had a son, i wonder who's the mom.
                          2. alt!varro got sidetracked by alt!young, hoboy.
                          3. alt!wray most likely a baby factory out of necessity - lol.
                          4. yay more redshirts (had the show been extended for season 3)
                          5. yay more human aliens (that weren't really aliens but you get the idea)
                          --which means more english-speaking human-inhabited planets of hats, at least in the current galaxy (had the show been extended for season 3 and/or they haven't been annihilated by drones or whoever)
                          6. speaking of drones...

Comment

Originally posted by AndSoItBegins View Post
                            God, must we get this comment virtually EVERY episode? It is beyond tiring and played out. Season two has several standout episodes so its not as if TPTB were waiting for to give you good stuff only at the end. Besides...I find it difficult to come up with many or any SG1 and SGA eps to compare this to in terms of quality. So what's their excuse of not having a lot of episodes as good as this over their combined 15 seasons?
                            I wouldn't say EVERY episode. Just the ones I feel are somewhat closer to the classic Stargate, action/adventure with drama and character interaction.

Comment

Enjoyed the episode last night. I can't believe the show is almost over.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson View Post
                                And he wasn't rapped up in Destiny from the very beginning? I wouldn't call him a robot; if you watch "Seizure" he is very loving and emotive there. I think it's just because we haven't had an episode focus on him since then. I still love his character, even when he's being a dick.

Comment

Working...
                                X