This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
    While you're welcome to your opinion, I'm a bit tired of the Rush bashing. There are perfectly valid things you can knock him for, but this ain't it. Riley wasn't totally his fault; Young gave the order for them to go to the planet, and it was a risk worth taking, considering their low supplies. **** happens, and regardless of whether the shuttle would have landed safely, there was always the chance there would have been something dangerous on the planet and someone could have died.
    Didn't Young give the order to go because Rush lied to them about why Destiny locked out that planet?

Comment

Great episode. These new aliens could be pretty interesting. Rush is definitely making a lot of bad decisions, and I can't wait to see what happens with Telford.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Orion Antreas View Post
        Also, Young is beginning to annoy me. He was growing on me in season one, but towards the end of season one to now, he is coming off as being arrogant, ignorant, and I really think he is losing who he is. I know it was said he was gonna be battling his own demons in the beginning of season two. I really want to see where his character will go.

EDIT: And yes, I know he has gone through a lot, but he really began to change even before any of those major impacts occurred (loss of his child, Riley, etc.)
        Young has annoyed me since the beginning, I like the character but I don't think he is fit to be leader.

Comment

I hate to say this but do you think Telford was so insistant on staying there cause if he reversed the transfer and that if they made a connection to earth Telford would get his command?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
            While you're welcome to your opinion, I'm a bit tired of the Rush bashing.
            I'm not bashing him, I like Rush...they can't kill Telford he is a main cast member

Comment

So young says homeworld command is expecting us does that mean that the stargate is at the pentagon?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                I hate to say this but do you think Telford was so insistant on staying there cause if he reversed the transfer and that if they made a connection to earth Telford would get his command?
                No I don't. It was just to keep those on Destiny alive.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                  I'm not bashing him, I like Rush...they can't kill Telford he is a main cast member
                  Telford is recurring not main
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Damn, that was good. Really liked Telford since he got rid of the brainwashing. Hope we see him again.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      I agree. I think this real Telford is a pretty good guy. I really hope he finds his way back to Destiny soon.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        I agree. I think this real Telford is a pretty good guy. I really hope he finds his way back to Destiny soon.
                        If he does, it'll be with an army of little brown soldiers!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          I think that was definitely his first motive. But he might have seen that as a perk.
                          Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Originally posted by Skygate View Post
                            Didn't Young give the order to go because Rush lied to them about why Destiny locked out that planet?
                            Destiny didn't really lock it out. It just didn't consider it an option because the gate wasn't working. In that light, Young had the same information Rush did. Young could have easily said: "Hmm, no gate, could be too dangerous. Let's all just sit here and not go." There would have been nothing Rush could have done about that. I suppose people would have still found a way to blame Rush for it, though.

Despite that, going to ANY planet is dangerous. It seems like people want to pin Riley's death on Rush because they hate him so much that everything just HAS to be his fault somehow, while completely ignoring the fact that Young gave the order. Young had the final say. Rush gave them a chance for supplies. A risk? Yes, but then again, everything is.

What would you pick? Sit there and starve, or go to the planet that has vegetation for a chance to get more food? I think you're answer will say very clearly whether Rush is to blame. Does he bear some responsibility for it? Yes. But people are making it sound like Rush deliberately killed the guy. Last I checked, that was done by someone else.

Comment

side note: anyone else catch the symbol/logo they were looking at in one of those rooms? what was that?

Comment

Everyone has motives. Some good some bad I'm just trying to figure out the LA motives.

Comment

Working...
                                X