Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or maybe he fainted at the sight of a horrible looking alien race (I mean us).

Originally posted by Selene1212 View Post
    He was playing oppossum.

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
      Maybe he had an idea where to find the bridge before without being able to enter, without the code, or what's also likely, the message on the screen did not only tell him that he got the code, finally, but also where to find the bridge.
      As i said earlyer, perhaps the location was given to him as part of the meld with the chair, but he only now found its access code.

Yes there is something with these aliens that don't fit.
      There are several things that seem odd :

* We don't see who stuns,
      * We don't see any of those aliens actually stun anyone,
      * The one who escapes doesn't stun anyone either, he just runs away,
      * Before being stunned too, Rush seems to look in front of him, not downwards, despite the aliens being all smaller. Of course it could be bad acting (hmm really ?), or just a parallax error due to the camera angle.
      Where did he get a stunner from then> And how did HE get stunned without a weapon being found by him?

You keep minimizing the risk. The ship concluded that the atmosphere turbulence would be more than the aged ship would likely survive. Which is exactly what happened.
      I am not sure the atmospheric turbulance was to blame for power loss..

Near the beginning, they didn't know (I think Air, and maybe one other instance early on). But later, they discovered there was a database of planets, so they DID have access to information on planets. The core room also has access to the sensors(something else they worked out by the time of FAITH), and were able to scan the Faith planet just fine and determine it was okay.

If they were able to scan the Faith planet and determine it was okay to land on from the core room, why didn't they do that for the Aftermath planet? Note, this may just be the writers screwing up and a plot hole, because they clearly demonstrated the ability before, and it would be bad writing if they want us to ignore that now.
      I am leaning to plot hole myself.. Hek iirc they also scanned the planet in time.

Isn't this discussion about 203 or 202 ? ;-)
      It seems some are too hung up about riley to leave it be.

They should have been able to do so if they had access to the same information that Rush did. It is possible that the computer readouts in the command center that Rush discovered provide more detailed information than do the ones currently being used By Eli and the others.
      Or they were not even looking.

The ice planet was dangerous but Scott was rescued and water was retrieved. There were no microorganisms in the water. They came from the desert planet where the lime was obtained.
      The critters in time were brought to that planet cause we had them iin teh crew courtesy of the micronisms in the water..

Just curious, but have you gone through military training?
      Yup. And though we are not devoid of emotions we are taught to be logical.

Originally posted by mmu_man View Post
      Sounds a lot like real tv shows... "If you want Telford to stay next week, SMS Stay to 123456"
      Ohh... Survivor in space!

Comment

To be honest i think this was a pretty poor episode, especially compared to last week.[/QUOTE]

I wish you would watch the whole episode before commenting. No-one cares on what goes through ur mind while watching each episode[QUOTE=mparsons1981;11977331]Ok so ive just finished the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Where did he get a stunner from then> And how did HE get stunned without a weapon being found by him?
          I didn't say it was Rush, and we do see him being surprised anyway, so that can't be either of the 2 who were that at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Misfits View Post
            He's always been for himself from the start.
            He protects the crew only so that he can have a crew.
            He will never allow the crew to get back home.
            He needs a supporting crew because he doesn't want to spend any time with mundane things like obtaining food, water, and other survival necessities.
            And he's getting the crew killed one by one.
            Who would be next week, and who the following week, and so on, How will he do it? Stay tuned.
            I'm starting to think something else is going on between Young and Rush. Oh, they're not going to go all BFF any time soon but I think Young scuttled the plan in the incursion to save Rush. I think the last thing Rush wanted Young to do in Sabotage was sit in that chair - to keep him alive or to keep him from power, I don';t know. I have a sneaking suspicion that he stranded Telford for Young. Either because he thinks Young is easier to deal with or, as I'm starting to suspect, there is some sort of whacky respect going on there. And yes, he needs a crew, of course, but these guys have been pitted against each other for a while and part of having an enemy is getting to know them pretty well. I think that's what's happening
            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Just thinking rationally, let's say we are the aliens. There's a dozen of us. We wake up. There are aliens that came onboard. We get to the control room, and there is a power transfer from our ship to the invading ship. We decide to reverse the transfer and then we leave the control room? That makes absolutely no sense. I would think we would stay to make sure it finished. Or at least leave one person or more to make sure it finishes. That would be more logical, wouldn't it?
              Maybe they didn't want to risk getting shot if Scott etc returned.

Maybe they had a lock out code to prevent the transfer from being reversed. (though it should have locked the whole computer out one would think but I'm taking a wild guess here) Did Telford ever actually get to where he needed to be to stop the transfer? Rush disconnected the ships before Telford ever had a chance to stop it so we don't know if it could have been stopped or not.

What would Rush have to gain by transferring power from Destiny to the seeder? If he wanted to stop the gate dialing, he would have just stopped the transfer and not reversed it....which then puts Destiny at risk.
              IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
                For the nth time, Young didn't know that Rush had overridden the ships auto-pilot and stopped the ship or about the planet’s Volcanic activity that would create the extreme atmospheric turbulence that the shuttle may not survive; and that this was the reason why the ship had blocked out the address.

It is true that when Rush sat down and advised Young to send the shuttle he wasn't yet aware of the planet's dangerous turbulence. I think he rushed his decision. Rush should have spent more time determining why the planet had a big red "X". If everyone else had been aware of Rush's control it is far more likely they would have uncovered the reason for the blockage. As Franklin indicated there is just too much information for one man to process regardless of how smart they are.
                Good thing there are multiple people who could take a look at the data, like Eli, Park, Brody, and Volker. But shame on them for killing Riley. They should have told Young about the conditions on the planet!

I don't think it is clear yet where the information Franklin provided came from. Is Franklin the physical personification of the ship's AI communicating with Rush or is Rush's sub-consciousness mind providing the information? I tend to think it is the ship's AI communicating with Rush. If it is not, then why didn't Eli, Brody, or Volker discern the planet's volcanic super rotation and the extreme atmospheric turbulence it would cause? They should have been able to do so if they had access to the same information that Rush did. It is possible that the computer readouts in the command center that Rush discovered provide more detailed information than do the ones currently being used By Eli and the others.
                No evidence for this. In fact, the evidence goes AGAINST this, since they clearly have detailed analysis of planets coming up in the database (the whole reason they were able to believe the Icarus planet), AND they were clearly able to read the conditions of the Faith planet enough to determine it was safe to land. Given those two things, why wouldn't everyone else have access to the information about the Aftermath planet? You have to get past that bit first, otherwise you have to blame the other scientists for missing the data as well.

You are suggesting because the ship is not all knowing we should disregard its warnings?
                No. Merely that you can't entirely depend on them. It's led us to dangerous planets before, and humans aren't stupid; they can handle things sometimes that Destiny might not think they can. And really, I think you're placing far too much emphasis on Destiny's supposed Aritificial Intelligence, when we've had no real indication that it has one. At best, it has a complex set of protocols based on predetermined criteria.

You don't know this. There has been absolutely no mention of how long they will have to wait for the next habitable planet. The ship wasn't worried enough to risk sending the shuttle.
                Rush has access to the database of planets. He said they needed supplies NOW. If there was a better planet out there, it is logical to assume that Rush would have waited for the better planet.

The ice planet was dangerous but Scott was rescued and water was retrieved. There were microorganisms in the water but just because the ship doesn't have the capacity to detect every threat doesn't mean the ones it does detect aren't valid and worth heeding.
                You didn't know that Scott would survive (other than plot armor). The same conditions existed for both Riley and Scott; both were put in danger if dying, and it was only luck that Scott survived (a quake happened that freed him up).

Claiming justification, because the ship isn't all knowing, to disregard its warnings is spurious reasoning and a cop out.
                You're the one claiming the ship is all-knowing, and thus we should bow down to it and worship it. I personally feel it isn't.

Whether the others should have been able to discern this information on their own or not is not relevant. The fact remains they weren't able to and Rush withheld it from Young. A fact you continually keep ignoring.
                It is VERY relevant, because you are trying to blame Rush, and solely Rush for this. You simply can't, because everyone else had the exact same data available to them! Your only two choices are to blame everyone, or blame no one and say it was bad luck; there is no middle ground here. I, and many others here, have at least come to the understanding that we pretty much can't blame everyone.

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                I thought they were unswayed by emotion, so how can they make emotional decisions?
                Generally speaking, the vast majority of their decisions were rationally based, or geared to the protection of the people under their command. Not saying they were perfect, but they were vastly superior to Young when it comes to such things.

But with so little caution applied? And at the risk of their own people?
                As much caution as possible. I mean, technically speaking, it was just two people and already one had been taken over. There is only so much you can do to be cautious, and at some point you have to reach out and take a risk. They got burned that time, but that's the risk.

I'd say that an unknown quantity is worse than a known quantity, since you don't know how bad they can be.
                Yes, humans can generally be made quite terrified of the unknown; like when you don't really know what could possibly be under your bed. Considering we don't know what is out there, we probably should have never stepped through the gate the first time, eh? After all, it was an unknown quantity, and that was a bad thing.

And I'm sorry, but slack doesn't transfer that way. Since what he did here had nothing to do with what he did in Intervention, blame is fully applied.
                Familiar with the phrase "borrowed time"? If you would have been dead anyway, and someone extends your life, do you turn around and go "You saved my life, but you're a bad person for putting my extended life at risk!" Seems kinda... I dunno, ungrateful to me. If it wasn't for that person, you would have been dead anyway. Or stranded on a seemingly lifeless planet. But yes, just to be clear, I am of the "it was just bad luck; they knowingly took a risk and this time it happened to bite them."

Just curious, but have you gone through military training?
                Not personally, but my dad served in Vietnam. He'd tell us stories of boot camp, training, and life in a warzone all the time (had a grandpa that served in WW2, but he's been dead for many years now). The military doesn't want independent thinkers; they won't drones. People who follow orders without question, and yes, they will beat that into you from day 1. They say jump, you jump. There are very clear rules and regulations you follow, and for examples sake, Young followed that in the first episode, when he shut down the 9th chevron attempt: "My first priority is to the safety of this base and everyone in it." That's military protocol; that's what he should be doing. That's what he should have been thinking when the LA came through the gate. That's what they are trained for in the regular military, and there is additional training to deal with life in the great, scary unknowns of space.

Originally posted by Petra View Post
                Kaiphantom, I read your reply to my post and found that you ignored most of my points and just repeated your usual stuff. Considering this, you'll forgive me if I bow out of the discussion.
                That is your choice, of course. But if you feel I have missed a point you would like me to reply to (or give a better reply), I would appreciate you letting me know. Otherwise, I generally try to limit what I reply to in the case of things like these, as I end up with a large post.

I'll give you Jack and Sam, adding though that even they made mistakes, lost their cool and let themselves be ruled by emotions on several occasions. Heck, after the death of his child Jack was so depressed that he attempted suicide (so IMO he was in even worse mental condition than Young, we just didn't see it onscreen) and yet when Young's child died you begrudge him a few bad, emotional decisions claiming that it's the proof of lack of leadership skills. Hmm..
                Jack also wasn't serving after his child died. If we take the movie as canon, the only reason he came back was because he was essentially offered a suicide mission. If Young were the same, he would have stepped down, but he's hellbent on keeping his position. So yes, Jack was better in this regard.

From what I remember from the show Sheppard notoriously made decisions that in reality would have gotten everyone killed.
                I don't, so much. In fact, a large part of his actions were to try and keep everyone else safe as much as possible.

Mitchell? Are you serious? Do you have any idea how many threads on this forum alone were dedicated to his screw-ups, bad decisions and lack of any leadership skills, not to mention experience?
                I'll admit I didn't watch much of the last two seasons of SG-1, for probably a lot of reasons you can imagine. It was interesting, but didn't do much for me. So you can strike Mitchell from my list if you'd like and we won't consider him. Also Teal'c, since it was pointed out that he wasn't Earth-trained.

Speaking of Jack, someone mentioned here that Young was supposed to be "O'Neill 10 years ago", or something. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that line from casting sheets? I haven't heard it in a very long time. And it's so oblique that it could mean only that Young's around 40 and a former SG team leader. Which is true, btw.
                That line was given to us by TPTB as a description for Young's character. There are some, including me, who feel it isn't an appropriate moniker, so I'm more than willing to ignore it.

I just don't understand why people keep comparing Young to O'Neill. Does someone complain that Rush isn't like Daniel? That TJ isn't Janet's copy? They are 2 different characters, what's so hard to understand? I certainly wouldn't want to watch another O'Neill copy, Mitchell and Sheppard were enough. Young's obviously doesn't deal with stress as well as Jack does and doesn't have his leadership and tactical skills, but that doesn't make him a worse human being or less interesting character. And we should keep in mind that SG-1, in its first 8 years at least, was made up from unique geniuses. Other SG teams didn't come close. Why should SGU characters be better?
                In the context of this discussion, we're only talking about Young. Well, the conversation mostly was about Rush and people trying to solely blame him for a man's death, when the reality is that Young is more to blame, especially considering his breakdown. Also, TPTB were treating other SG teams and personnel pretty much like red shirts for most of its run.

I'll will end this post with one challenge: For Jack and Sam, name me some instances where their "out-of-control emotional actions" put the entirety of their team, or Earth, or the people under their protection at risk. Pretty much like Young did with the LA, in other words. These would be actions that would have contradicted what their military training should have told them to do.

Comment

Because there was so much to reply to, going to try and hit a few others.

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                  The ignore button is your friend.
                  I prefer to think of it as the "plug one's ears like a child and scream loudly because one can't handle another viewpoint" but to each their own. =)

You really need to watch the episode before you start typing.

It was Rush who over rode the auto-pilot and stopped Destiny in shuttle range to the planet in 'Aftermath.'
                  He overlooked the data on the planet in his haste.
                  He was unaware that Destiny was on a detour to the seeder ship, and that's the reason why there were no gated planets in Destiny's path.
                  If Rush had not decided to stop Destiny, 6 hours later Destiny would have met up with the seeder ship and two hours later finished the data transfer, and probably 4+ hours later back in it's normal course in the corridor of gated planets.
                  And yet, this is Young's fault?
                  You really need to read fully before typing. Rush didn't know where the ship was heading, so how can you blame him for things he didn't know? Anyway, the whole reason I was bringing blame onto Young, was just to illustrate how stupid it is to blame people at all for this. I mean, if one is really looking to blame someone, shouldn't that person blame the person who gave the actual order, who had the information there in front of them, and chose not to look at it?

Rush doesn't want to send the crew back home because if the crew went back home, he wouldn't have a crew. I, myself, thought Rush stopped the power transfer to Destiny.
                  While I knock Rush for not telling people about the fact they could possibly get home, the show clearly contradicts the energy transfer point. Rush and Dunning were knocked, we see the aliens tapping away at the consoles, and then the energy transfer reversed. Would Rush have faked something to keep everyone on Destiny? Possible, but we don't know. It's also possible he thought he could remain with the aliens, since he felt they were a research team.

The evidence is clear that Rush is at fault. You're the one who needs to take your blinders off.
                  Just so we're clear: Do you blame Rush solely? Do you absolve Eli, Park, Brody, Volker, and Young of any and all responsibility for their role in the affair? because you do know they all had access to the same data, right? And thus were equally guilty of either missing it, or not saying anything, right?

Really? You forget that Baal commanded hundreds of Hattak Motherships. They're still out there. And LA probably has been successful in absorbing them, never mind what they can build.
                  A number of which have been destroyed since, or been seized by various LA factions(remember, the LA isn't truly united) or the Jaffa nation or the Tok'ra or other small factions we may not be aware of. I'm sure if the LA pulls all it's ships off it's other outposts and such, leaving them undefended in a bid to attack Earth, they might be a bit of a threat. But other people would then take advantage of the LA's weakness to capture those resources. In that light, it would be stupid of the LA to do so. And I"m still not convinced they have shields which can stand against the Asgard beam weapons. They also can't build numbers like the wraith. IF they have shipbuilding capabilities, it can't be better than the Goa'uld, which showed that ships were individually built wherever there were resources.

Originally posted by SciFiRick View Post
                  I agree and I see it exactly the same in regard to your remarks. However, in my post I also spoke about the Eli, Brody, Volker, Park blame, I can not see from my point of view how Eli, Brody, Park, Volker can be included in the blame. From their point of view, they obviously don't know what Rush knows (The Bridge) and none of those people would take it upon themselves to alert the leadership every time they pass a planet or group of planets because unless the ship drops out of FTL there is nothing that can be done. When the ship drops out then everyone has a sense of urgency about them to have as much info gather to give Young or Rush when they get to the gate room. They are all expecting that Rush continues to tell Destiny that they are low on resources. I think it is safe to say that only Rush knows how to tell the ship of their needs. Rush just doesn't tell them everything.
                  You'd be assuming everyone else is an idiot, then. Which is, ironically, the reasoning Rush uses to convince himself to keep the bridge secret. The only reason I bring blame onto Eli, Park, Brody, and Volker, is because people want to blame Rush due to him knowing about conditions on the planet and not telling anyone. But as we've seen from past episodes, everyone else has access to the same information. They can pull it up from the database or use the ship's scanners. So one can either blame them equally with Rush for not saying anything, or don't blame anyone at all.

Not quite. The fault lies on the person who made the choice to put you in that position without the authority to make that decision.
                  You're really trying to twist things enough so that you can blame Rush without blaming Young. Sorry, it can't be done. Young could have said yes or no to the shuttle, and given his attitude, he wants to bet he person in charge. He could have asked for more information on the planet, too.

Are we clear on this? Remember, I'm with the crowd who says trying to attribute blame is silly. I only point this out to showcase why.

[quote[You'll also notice that he didn't have all the information because Rush didn't disclose all he knew.[/quote]

You'll also notice that Eli, Park, Brody, and Volker didn't disclose all they "knew" either.

Yes yes, we all know Rush stopped the ship near the planet. Go ahead and knock him for that if you want. But everyone else had access to the information pertaining the conditions on the planet, and Young was ultimate the guy in charge. The buck stops there, as it were.

Jelgate doesn't have to respond because I am.
                  Oh, puppet account then?

Please tell me this one thing?
                  Does Rush recognize Stargate Command's, thereby Gen. O'Neill's, authority to select and appoint the Commander of Destiny?
                  A simple yes or no question. Can you answer that one?
                  Quite a pointless question for this discussion, and it's not entirely a cut-and-dried answer. Technically he does, but only grudgingly so because he doesn't have much of a choice.

If the answer is 'YES', then why is he refusing to recognize Young's authority?
                  Because he feels the man is growing increasingly unstable. Which is a valid criticism (not that I think Rush is much better, if he is indeed hallucinating).

Answer my question, who gave Rush the authority to stop Destiny near that planet?
                  Col. Young?
                  Gen. O'Neill?
                  His stomach?
                  Again, a pointless question, but I do try to answer the questions posed by my opponent in a debate; I feel it is only courteous. Technically speaking, no one gave him authority to stop the planet. In one respect, I suppose you could say his stomach, and the stomach of everyone else aboard. Even if you believe Rush is callous with regards to anyone elses lives, he does need them from a logical perspective.

Therefore, since Gen. O'Neill clearly has placed Young in charge, when did Young give the order to Rush to stop Destiny near the planet?
                  He didn't, which is a silly question to ask in the first place, I think. No one is disputing that point.

Anyway, with the previous post, it's becoming a bit of a pain to answer everyone, so I'll stop for now. If you feel I have missed something that you would like me to reply to or address, please feel free to respond and restate. If you feel I haven't adequately responded to a point, I can try to make a clearer response.

We're all just human here, after all, and communication is hard. But I don't tend to let that difficulty make me plug my ears and give up. =)

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                    I prefer to think of it as the "plug one's ears like a child and scream loudly because one can't handle another viewpoint" but to each their own. =)
                    And I call it blocking out the deeply irritating and patronising people who like nothing more than to nitpick and argue the toss.

Sometimes in life it is important to listen to everyone's point of view. In politics, philosophy, religion being able to listen to others points of view, even if they are nonsensical, ridiculous and put forth in a manner that makes one want to bash ones head repeatedly into a wall is a useful and important skill to have. I like to think I have that skill. Happily for me however, this is a stargate discussion forum and my main purpose on here is to have a bit of fun while discussing stargate. Luckily if someone is acting like a twerp I can block them out and since I'm not likely to find enlightenment on a scifi discussion board it doesn't really matter that I don't hear what they have to say.

Certainly it's nice to have people with differing opinions on the board, without that it would be incredibly boring. But for myself and many others on the board the primary purpose is to have a bit of fun while talking about stargate with fellow fans. Certainly I like debating different points of view, Petra and I for example have vastly differing opinions on season 9 and 10 of SG1. Briangate really loves SGA, me not so much. But I'm willing to listen to these people because I like them, because we can debate civilly and because at the end of the day we respect each other's opinions. I block you and don't read your posts most of the time because I don't think I can get that from you.

If you're feeling a bit of a "Billy no mates" because people are blocking you or not replying to your arguments, you can portray yourself as a martyr and shout all you want about how people won't except differing opinions all you want. It won't change the fact that the real reason we block you is we find you patronising, irritating, deeply unpleasant to debate with and perhaps worst of all, not fun.

In the end of course you have every right to carry on as you do, and this is why the ignore function exists, so that if people want to act like jerks, others who don't like them, don't have to deal with their crap.

Comment

I was hoping it would be Col. Young instead of Telford about to get mobbed by the aliens, just so I could watch Young headbutt his way out of that sticky situation.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                        I was hoping it would be Col. Young instead of Telford about to get mobbed by the aliens, just so I could watch Young headbutt his way out of that sticky situation.
                        Lol...that'd be awesome. Along this same vein and getting back to discussion of "Awakening", I really liked what happened with Telford in this episode. For some reason, I think the aliens aren't hostile or malicious and that we will see them (along with Telford) again in a future episode. I hope so at least!
                        Sig by Pandora's Box
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                          And I call it blocking out the deeply irritating and patronising people who like nothing more than to nitpick and argue the toss.

Sometimes in life it is important to listen to everyone's point of view. In politics, philosophy, religion being able to listen to others points of view, even if they are nonsensical, ridiculous and put forth in a manner that makes one want to bash ones head repeatedly into a wall is a useful and important skill to have. I like to think I have that skill. Happily for me however, this is a stargate discussion forum and my main purpose on here is to have a bit of fun while discussing stargate. Luckily if someone is acting like a twerp I can block them out and since I'm not likely to find enlightenment on a scifi discussion board it doesn't really matter that I don't hear what they have to say.

Certainly it's nice to have people with differing opinions on the board, without that it would be incredibly boring. But for myself and many others on the board the primary purpose is to have a bit of fun while talking about stargate with fellow fans. Certainly I like debating different points of view, Petra and I for example have vastly differing opinions on season 9 and 10 of SG1. Briangate really loves SGA, me not so much. But I'm willing to listen to these people because I like them, because we can debate civilly and because at the end of the day we respect each other's opinions. I block you and don't read your posts most of the time because I don't think I can get that from you.

If you're feeling a bit of a "Billy no mates" because people are blocking you or not replying to your arguments, you can portray yourself as a martyr and shout all you want about how people won't except differing opinions all you want. It won't change the fact that the real reason we block you is we find you patronising, irritating, deeply unpleasant to debate with and perhaps worst of all, not fun.

In the end of course you have every right to carry on as you do, and this is why the ignore function exists, so that if people want to act like jerks, others who don't like them, don't have to deal with their crap.
                          That is certainly one point of view

For me, I like to practice what I preach about being able to listen to everyone, whether or not I agree, in all areas of my life. Keeps me in practice, and prevents me from falling down the slippery slope of "well, i just won't listen to this one person. And maybe this other person, etc." A form of self-discipline, as it were.

Also, people put effort into their thoughts, and I feel it's courteous to acknowledge that effort by speaking with them. Perhaps it was the way I was raised, but flat out ignoring someone comes across as rude and uncivilized, but I acknowledge people are different. If there were a particular post I didn't want to respond to, I simply refrain from doing so. It's not like reading posts actively hurts me, heh.

And ultimately, it's pointless. For were I so inclined, I could create another account and thus the block is ultimately meaningless. Not saying I would, but people have been known to do so. In short, the ignore function only works if the person you are ignoring is ultimately respectful of your decision. Which would bring in the main reason of why you are ignoring them in the first place.

But, as I said, to each their own. =)

Comment

I know this episode created a lot of possibilities for the show, but seriously, the episode in itself was a disappointment. The show has to get more entertaining on a episode-to-episode basis. Everything is there, the actors, the visual effects, the concept. Everything is there to have a great show... For some reason, most of the episode aren't entertaining enough. This show won't survive, it'll never get good ratings.

Comment

Mental green, M6P

on a further note, I'm dying to do my write up of this ep but I;m waiting for the transcript to come out...gah, so much cool and insightful dialogue in this one!
                              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                                Maybe they didn't want to risk getting shot if Scott etc returned.

Maybe they had a lock out code to prevent the transfer from being reversed. (though it should have locked the whole computer out one would think but I'm taking a wild guess here) Did Telford ever actually get to where he needed to be to stop the transfer? Rush disconnected the ships before Telford ever had a chance to stop it so we don't know if it could have been stopped or not.

What would Rush have to gain by transferring power from Destiny to the seeder? If he wanted to stop the gate dialing, he would have just stopped the transfer and not reversed it....which then puts Destiny at risk.
                                Well, let's see. Presumably they have a device that can stun a human. I would think that would mean an ability to protect yourself from aggression. So the rational reasoning would be that they would stay.
                                The main point is, if you initiated the transfer of energy, wouldn't you stay at the console to finish the job? That would be the logical thing to do.

If the power flow had just stayed had stayed neutral, there would be no need to separate the ships. In fact, the most likely scenario would be that they would stay and try to figure out how to re-initiated the power flow to Destiny.
                                Rather, reversing the power flow, and the inability to stop it, would be ONLY scenario to force a separation of the ships.

If Eli was at the seeder ship control room, we wouldn't even be discussing this possibility.

Comment

Working...
                                X