Should the bomb explode or Not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tajis View Post
    When snake-head tried attacking Earth, he did it in traditional Goauld style. Megolomania overruled the idea that they could just cloak a bomb and attack with it. Although... a few of them 'did' get sneaky... *Cough* Rya'c, Cassie, etc.
    It must be said through, Anubis at this time did not process the knowledge of the Asgard, such as there shields and scanners and transporter technologies.
    Remember protection treaty meant the Asgard would of intervene in a direct attack, it possible that a cloak cargo vessels can be detected by pure bread Asgard sensors and not the down graded stuff they gave to us latter on. Although we have not seen Odyssey in action to confirm or deny this.

If this is the case then the Asgard would have intervene to stop the attack and perhaps made a couple of counter strikes at Anubis basis or facilities in return.

Considering that Earth now seem to have gain this capability it seem wise to presume that the Asgard had the tech to detect cloak vessels. An that Earth have just implement such tech in time to detect the cloak vessel. But probably short range only which allow the cargo vessel time to make the suicide run.

Comment

I think Tajis was referring to the Lost City battle.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Digi,this is what 70 megatons would do .
        Last edited by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble; 23 March 2011, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
          Digi,this is what 70 megatons would do .
          That's kilotons, not megatons
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            That's kilotons, not megatons
            But 70000 kilotons is 70 megatons isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
              But 7000 kilotons is 70 megatons isn't it?
              Uhhh yes it should be. But I'd also point out that you set it to 70000 kilotons

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                Uhhh yes it should be. But I'd also point out that you set it to 70000 kilotons
                OK I changed it.

Comment

Yeah I did it myself....looks pretty much the same as the link I posted earlier, though correcting for 70 vs. 50

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                    Down what road? [/partypooper]

I'm thinking it's going to be the second option. With HWC destroyed, no working stones, the crew on Destiny - how could a story about it be told?
                    Plus with it going boom, it does prove the LA is a massive threat.

It would be an interesting development if the bomb were to explode, but I guess the ramifications would be too great.
                    It would, if there was more stargate on TV to showcase the ramifications/developments.. but since there is not, imo it would have been pointless to have gone down that road.

Well.. a Naquadah bomb will destroy an area for miles around and naquadriah is even more unstable. It'd probably blow a small chunk out of the planet. I believe they said the force was several megatons.
                    IIRC Telford said it was equivelant to 50 megatons.. That would easily have wiped out DC.

I am also pretty sure the stones in Washington are not the only ones on Earth. They just the only ones being using and turned on.
                    We have never seen others yet.. BUT it is easily assumable they could have made another base unit..

Try playing with this, guys. 50mt (the closest option available) is a big freaking bomb, but I don't think it'll blank out the eastern seaboard. Fallout, however...
                    Nice site.. I tried it with the Tsar bomb going up in Gulfport. ALL THE way out in Slidel sees destruction!

Not. Revealing the Stargate program to the public would be a disaster for the franchise IMO.
                    They could have easily covered it up with stories of a rogue terrorist they had lost track of sneaking a bomb right next to the pentagon..

Of course not, there are many possible explanations they could tell the public: Terror attack by an unknown faction, accident, magnets, ...
                    Heck some other films have show there is a nuke reactor UNDER the pentagon. Perhaps they could have had it melt down and cause the explosion, due to someone frakking up big time..

One thing that bugs me is that in SG1 season 7 episode Fallout when Jonas reveals that naquadria was not native to Langara, he says that one of the reasons he suspected it was that in all his time with the SGC they never found naquadria on any other planet. Anubis didn't even know about naquadria until he scanned Jonas' mind. Now suddenly it's so common that the Lucian Alliance are making numerous naquadria bombs and Icarus types planets seem to be all over the place.
                    Think about it. That was back before the LA were even a foot note, other than in that ep where vala steals the prometheus. And since the LA are criminals it is wise to assume they know more than the common person. Plus there are at least 5 years of that knowledge of Naquidria being around for the info to permeate..

i think if they do have it go off it would make a good sg-1 movie. if dc got destroyed then sgc would go back to being charge. and they would be able to make the war be a focal part of the story.
                    It would make for a great 3rd SG1 movie.

Comment

When all else fails, hurl a naquadah loaded asteroid at your problem.

Comment

Anubis tried that... didn't work.

Comment

why didnt they just beam the bomb out onto the hammond then beam it into space

Comment

Because SGU isn't about quick fixes.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by danmcken View Post
                              why didnt they just beam the bomb out onto the hammond then beam it into space
                              Maybe the Hammond was not in orbit at the time. Furthermore, we have seen in "Subversion" and "Incursion (1)" that the Lucian Alliance posesses jamming technology that renders transporters useless. Or it could be the radiation from the bomb.

And, from a real-world point of view, what Egle01 wrote
                              sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

I say let it go off. It would be a change for Stargate & after everything the SGC has been able to stop & to get their asses handed to them by petty humans would be something else. Also to protect Earth they could do that thing Carter did in that Alternate Reality & make the Earth invisible. Then the only way to Earth would be is via Stargate
                                Last edited by TheRandomOne; 25 March 2011, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X