No announcement yet.

Should the bomb explode or Not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if the bomb didn't go off (which it almost certainly didn't), just the fact that the Lucian Alliance were able to land the ship and destroy the Pentagon makes them one of the most successful of all the enemies Earth has faced. Even Anubis who had a fleet in orbit didn't do that kind of hard hitting damage.

One thing that bugs me is that in SG1 season 7 episode Fallout when Jonas reveals that naquadria was not native to Langara, he says that one of the reasons he suspected it was that in all his time with the SGC they never found naquadria on any other planet. Anubis didn't even know about naquadria until he scanned Jonas' mind. Now suddenly it's so common that the Lucian Alliance are making numerous naquadria bombs and Icarus types planets seem to be all over the place.

Comment

I say no. The senator defuses it and dies of radiation sickness
      no means no, and so does pepper spray
      Sig by The Carpenter
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eterno View Post
        we are comparing 70 megatons to other nuclear explosions. But he said it is a Naquadria bomb. Is 70 megatons 70 megatons? Or how big would a Naquadria 70 megaton bomb be?
        Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Eterno View Post
          we are comparing 70 megatons to other nuclear explosions. But he said it is a Naquadria bomb. Is 70 megatons 70 megatons? Or how big would a Naquadria 70 megaton bomb be?
          Tonnage in reference to explosive yield is a measurement of how may tons of TNT would make a comparable blast to a given explosive.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Try playing with this, guys. 50mt (the closest option available) is a big freaking bomb, but I don't think it'll blank out the eastern seaboard. Fallout, however...
            Darn, I was just about to post that site and then I noticed you had already done so... very clever, Mr. Bond.

I suspect that the bomb will not go off, or if it does then it will have been plucked out of where-ever it is and placed somewhere where it can do no damage.

regards,
            G.

PS - when the episode started the first thing that came to mind was the B-5 episode "Convictions" where G'Kar and Londo were trapped in that damaged elevator. Londo: "I hate my life." G'kar: "I hate your life to..."
            Go for Marty...

Comment

Though I do not think blowing up a great deal of Washington would be the outcome[ given the number of major members of or associated with the Stargate program in Washington], it would be preferable that the bomb did not blow. This would allow for a great deal of Earth based stories in the future, which would be for both the character development of those on board interesting as well as the various connections which can be made to Earth politics in regards to Destiny and the Lucian Alliance.This allows for us to explore a variety of storylines in relation to Destiny such as Earth's stance on researching another Icarus base planet to create a supply line Greer's ties to his mother back on Earth and e.t,c.
              Last edited by smart; 22 March 2011, 07:27 PM.
              Abbas Karimjee
              www.abbaskarimjee.wordpress.com
              The latest Stargate Atlantis, SG1 , Universe , movies and the future of Stargate news.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                Try playing with this, guys. 50mt (the closest option available) is a big freaking bomb, but I don't think it'll blank out the eastern seaboard. Fallout, however...
                Indeed. The Tsar Bomba was the most powerful thermonuclear device ever detonated in history... so imagine the power of that bomb detonating in the D.C. area... not pretty. I doubt it detonated...
                sigpic
                Don't touch Lola

Comment

Although really interesting if it did go off, its doubtful the storyline is heading that way. I just hope they don't leave us hanging and address it in the next episode. And if they don't, then I think its safe to assume it was diffused.
                  sigpic

Comment

I like the suspense of not getting a firm answer (since the crew of Destiny didn't know for sure) but assuming that the senator managed to disarm the bomb. (Having the bomb go off would either mean the stones are gone -- which I don't think will happen -- or the focus of the show will shift too much to what is happening on Earth.) I think the senator survives long enough to tell Earth command about the assitance she received from the LA on Destiny. Having the LA on Destiny working with Earth to avert another possible bombing would be a way to involve some of the LA cast and also be a way to convince some of the crew to start to accept them.

Comment

Spoiler:
                      We won't get any info on the bomb or Earth next episode, but episode after that Seizure will give us an answer.

Comment

I suppose there's even a chance that the senator could be brought back. One of the advantages of being the de facto head of the SGC is that they have things like sarcophagi lying around somewhere...

regards,
                        G.
                        Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                          I suppose there's even a chance that the senator could be brought back. One of the advantages of being the de facto head of the SGC is that they have things like sarcophagi lying around somewhere...
                          I wouldn't be so sure, the SGC have access to beaming technology and ring transporters, yet Landry still has to ride that clunky old shaft elevator down to his office

Comment

i think if they do have it go off it would make a good sg-1 movie. if dc got destroyed then sgc would go back to being charge. and they would be able to make the war be a focal part of the story.

as for sgu is concerned they could have the stones only used sometimes (since sgc personal is needed elsewhere), so destiny loose contact with earth, or for most of the time.

but in reality i don't think the bomb went off, that would mean that they would have to reveal the sgc to the public, which i don't want to see happen.
                            Last edited by blueray; 22 March 2011, 08:31 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by D Toccs View Post
                              I wouldn't be so sure, the SGC have access to beaming technology and ring transporters, yet Landry still has to ride that clunky old shaft elevator down to his office
                              True dat, however I wouldn't say it couldn't happen until we actually see her funeral, and even then...

regards,
                              G.
                              Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by coZma View Post
                                It's about time someone made a dent in Earth's impenetrable safe buble. It would bother me a little that from all the villains that existed in the stargate universe(no pun intended) this would be achieved by those space pirates but hey, it would still be awesome. This show is about relistism(suposedly) and the truth is Earth should have been wiped out by Apophys at the end of season one. It's about damn time Earth's luck should run out. I'm all iin for KABOOM
                                When snake-head tried attacking Earth, he did it in traditional Goauld style. Megolomania overruled the idea that they could just cloak a bomb and attack with it. Although... a few of them 'did' get sneaky... *Cough* Rya'c, Cassie, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X