X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaUr0n View Post
    Oh my god what a bad episode.Actually more out-of-sync than bad:
    - those poor people are traped on the other side of the universe, and politicians arrive to asses the situation like it's a SGC project.Seriously...and in a very shocking way they do not support them.What is to support?They're trapped!

-Earth has 5 Asgard enhanced battlecruisers (Apollo, Sun Tzu, Odyssey, Daedalus, and Hammond, so far), Atlantis stationed on Earth, and the Ancient Outpost in Antarctica.Why does the Lucien Alliance stand a threath for Earth?On the other hand since when are the Lucien Alliance so technologicaly advanced.They were introduced in Season 9 SG1 as being a coalition who just took some of the ships the Goa'uld left behind.They were dealing with tradeing.

Actually, in Enemy at the Gate,
    Spoiler:
    the Antartic chair was destroyed, so the Ancient outpost doesn't really do much now

Originally posted by Benr96 View Post
    They are a threat because they can fly cloaked cargo ships with naquadah bombs to wherever they want and destroy so much .
    and they are advanced because they have like every scientist (exluding ones form earth) in the galaxy working on new stuff.

They probably want earth out of the way so they can idk enslave everyone again, or they just figure that if they want to be the best the have to beat the best.

Asgard and atlantis can detect cloaked jumpers cause well ancients made the jumper and were allies with asgard, anubis had the was nearlly an ascended being who had all the knowledge he needed, wraith had a zpm with made a massive boost to their scanners (yes the ships have zpms but might not have as advanced scanners.

Im not sure but i think they can hide radiation, the bomb probably got damaged in the crash and started leaking.

ye the minute i saw evans i new he was gonna be a spy

they were taking a rest anyway so they might aswell argue

thats why they need more episodes so they can fit all the amazing stuff they have in.

im ahuge fan aswell

I'd just like to say that unless there are secret Ancient ships in our galaxy, Earth has the most advanced ships in the galaxy. Atlantis and the 304's definitely are more powerful than their ships one-on-one, and Atlantis could take several on at a time without breaking a sweat, as well as the 304's, but they control the Goa'uld fleet, which, is far less powerful, but way more in numbers. With a full complement of drones, Atlantis (or the drone chair) could take out an entire Goa'uld fleet. The LA works together, so they could control twice as many ships (but not much more than that, since many Goa'uld ships were destroyed during the Replicator battle). They would be destroyed with minimal losses on our side, but they wouldn't all come at the same time. After a battle, there are repairs to be made.

I guess my point is that we have the most powerful ships in the galaxy, but the LA has more ships. Although we'd easily win the battles, it would be hard to keep the Stargate program a secret. They're still a threat because they could blow up DC from orbit if they wanted to and worked fast enough. I'm not saying it'd be easy, but it is still possible. It's hard to cover up an explosion of an extra-terrestrial element in DC, because they'd have to pin it on someone without making the US look incompetent (saying "yeah, the rogue NID agents detonated an alien bomb in DC" would make the US look very incompetent and cause hysteria), and blaming it on a foreign power would cause a global nuclear war.

Comment

I'm surprised so many people didn't like the episode - I thought it was really good (9 out of 10, with Twin Destinies being my example of a 10). I thought the tension was great, Wray and Greer really stepped up to the plate in a tough situation, and I enjoyed the whole question of "will the stones ever work again? are they completely cut off now?"
      sigpic
      Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

I would give this episode a 7 out of 10.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          5/10, the episode just did not deliver. Plus with Wray and Greer being my least favorite characters, that did not help either. lol.
          "There is no force more unstoppable, angry and vengeful, than a Briangate who hates on an episode of Stargate. God help us all, and for the love of all things, do not mention Life around him." ~ Matt Silver.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
            "There is no force more unstoppable, angry and vengeful, than a Briangate who hates on an episode of Stargate. God help us all, and for the love of all things, do not mention Life around him." ~ Matt Silver.
            Amen, brother, amen.

(P.S. Have I ever mentioned that I actually liked "Life"? Yup, I did.)
            sigpic
            Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
              I don't care what you or Brian say, I will eat my Life cereal.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

9 out of 10. I dislike Camille generally but thought the interaction between Greer and Wray worked well.

Comment

Not one of my favourites, a bit of a mixed bag. Good as always with the moral dilemmas and character interactions. But..... I give it a 5, because to be honest, I'm fed up with the Lucian Alliance and Earth thing!! Takes away good screen time for seeing more of Destiny and the trials and tribulations of all on board.

Comment

8 from me, good ep, enjoyed it, but I don't like Wray very much
                    sigpic

Comment

Good solid 8 from me- I liked the episode, I was looking forward to seeing Wray and Greer stranded and the attack on homworld security.

Comment

Originally posted by The Swarm View Post
                        I think it would have been better if you never came back if thats how you feel....some of us enjoy the show and your opinion is not universal.
                        But his opinion is shared. It was a weak, bad episode, maybe even the worst yet. 1/10.

Comment

Just my opinion, but 1/10 seems WAY to low....I mean sure this wasn't a very exciting episode as the past two but...a 1?

Comment

Giving a 1 is simply a way of expressing that 'haters gonna hate'. You just have to let people know that merely watching the episode gave you a mild form of radiation poisoning.
                            If only Dahok had come back last week or the week before. Deliverance and Twin destinies were amaaazing

I 'liked' Alliances. Not a favourite or anything, but I found it quite decent. To me it was 'ok' I guess. It had a lot of good moments though and certainly some good character development. Let's go for a 7.5 , I'll round it to an 8 because everything Greer says is awesome.

And Wray pulling the Geiger technicians arms off, priceless!

Comment

a nice solid 8
                              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

9/10, I liked it up there with Twin Destinies as one of the best of both seasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X