Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I literally fell asleep twice while watching this episode.

Bad. The kind of bad that makes me think it's a good thing the show was not renewed.

Comment

5/10 Didn't enjoy this episode much, like others I also didn't care for the Wray/Greer story. They could have added more action to the episode to add a scene where the Cargo Ship crashed into Homeworld Command.

Too bad they killed off these characters, looks like there's a curse on the role of Senator of California
      sigpic

Comment

I'd have given it a higher ranking if there had been even a MENTION of the head of HWC having his command attacked. Not to mention, it's at the PENTAGON for Gods sakes. A mention of their defensive capabilities, lots of HWC people running/dying, and the Hammond in orbit. Something. Bleh.

The only real good thing about it was Greer.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Oh my god what a bad episode.Actually more out-of-sync than bad:
          - those poor people are traped on the other side of the universe, and politicians arrive to asses the situation like it's a SGC project.Seriously...and in a very shocking way they do not support them.What is to support?They're trapped!

-Earth has 5 Asgard enhanced battlecruisers(Apollo, Sun Zu,Oddisey,Daedalus,Hammond, so far), Atlantis stationed on Earth, and the Ancient Outpost in Antarctica.Why does the Lucien Alliance stand a threath for Earth?On the other hand since when are the Lucien Alliance so technologicaly advanced.They were introduced in Season 9 SG1 as being a coalition who just took some of the ships the Goa'uld left behind.They were dealing with tradeing.

-Why does the Lucien Alliance have something personal with Earth?They were the ones always attacking.The Goa'uld,Anubis and the Ori had second thoughts on attacking Earth.

-A cloaked cargo ship crashed on top of Homeworld Command.Really? Anubis could detect cloaked cargo ships.The Wraith detected a cloaked puddle-jumper(Enemy at the Gate).Atlantis detects cloked jumpers, the Asgard can detect cloaked ships.We have everything the Asgard had.Ergo, we should be able to detect cloaked cargo ships.

-Asuming that Earth cannot detect cloaked cargo ships, all battlecruisers have sensors.Surely they could have detected a huuuuge ammount of radiation moving towards washington.

-Asuming they cannot detect huuuuuge amounts of radiation, the ships have beaming technology.They beamed naquadah bombs before(Beachhead, and most Atlantis episodes).They could have beamed it away and have a party.

-Well who could have seen that evans was a spy.Oh right, it was easy.They cared to much to metion his name and even film it.

-Camile and Greer were looking for a nuke that was about do blow killing millions.But of course there is time to argue about how they don't like each other.

-It took 30 minutes for this to happen: A politician and a scientist enter Wray and Greer's body.They dont like anything.On Earth a cargo ship with a huge nuke crashes on homeworld command, and Wray and Greer have to find the nuke.Seriously... 30 minutes!!!

I'm a huge Stargate fan (who could tell right?) and it pains me that SGU wont have a 3rd season.Not that i like the new style.It's a reality show in space.But that the Stargate francise is kind of dying.

With episodes like this i just hope they are not shocked they got canceled.In stead of episodes like this I actually prefer filler episodes from SG1 or SGA.
          I find beer a refreshing substitute for ... food

Comment

Originally posted by SaUr0n View Post
            Oh my god what a bad episode.Actually more out-of-sync than bad:
            - those poor people are traped on the other side of the universe, and politicians arrive to asses the situation like it's a SGC project.Seriously...and in a very shocking way they do not support them.What is to support?They're trapped!

-Earth has 5 Asgard enhanced battlecruisers(Apollo, Sun Zu,Oddisey,Daedalus,Hammond, so far), Atlantis stationed on Earth, and the Ancient Outpost in Antarctica.Why does the Lucien Alliance stand a threath for Earth?On the other hand since when are the Lucien Alliance so technologicaly advanced.They were introduced in Season 9 SG1 as being a coalition who just took some of the ships the Goa'uld left behind.They were dealing with tradeing.

-Why does the Lucien Alliance have something personal with Earth?They were the ones always attacking.The Goa'uld,Anubis and the Ori had second thoughts on attacking Earth.

-A cloaked cargo ship crashed on top of Homeworld Command.Really? Anubis could detect cloaked cargo ships.The Wraith detected a cloaked puddle-jumper(Enemy at the Gate).Atlantis detects cloked jumpers, the Asgard can detect cloaked ships.We have everything the Asgard had.Ergo, we should be able to detect cloaked cargo ships.

-Asuming that Earth cannot detect cloaked cargo ships, all battlecruisers have sensors.Surely they could have detected a huuuuge ammount of radiation moving towards washington.

-Asuming they cannot detect huuuuuge amounts of radiation, the ships have beaming technology.They beamed naquadah bombs before(Beachhead, and most Atlantis episodes).They could have beamed it away and have a party.

-Well who could have seen that evans was a spy.Oh right, it was easy.They cared to much to metion his name and even film it.

-Camile and Greer were looking for a nuke that was about do blow killing millions.But of course there is time to argue about how they don't like each other.

-It took 30 minutes for this to happen: A politician and a scientist enter Wray and Greer's body.They dont like anything.On Earth a cargo ship with a huge nuke crashes on homeworld command, and Wray and Greer have to find the nuke.Seriously... 30 minutes!!!

I'm a huge Stargate fan (who could tell right?) and it pains me that SGU wont have a 3rd season.Not that i like the new style.It's a reality show in space.But that the Stargate francise is kind of dying.

With episodes like this i just hope they are not shocked they got canceled.In stead of episodes like this I actually prefer filler episodes from SG1 or SGA.
            They are a threat because they can fly cloaked cargo ships with naquadah bombs to wherever they want and destroy so much .
            and they are advanced because they have like every scientist (exluding ones form earth) in the galaxy working on new stuff.

They probably want earth out of the way so they can idk enslave everyone again, or they just figure that if they want to be the best the have to beat the best.

Asgard and atlantis can detect cloaked jumpers cause well ancients made the jumper and were allies with asgard, anubis had the was nearlly an ascended being who had all the knowledge he needed, wraith had a zpm with made a massive boost to their scanners (yes the ships have zpms but might not have as advanced scanners.

Im not sure but i think they can hide radiation, the bomb probably got damaged in the crash and started leaking.

ye the minute i saw evans i new he was gonna be a spy

they were taking a rest anyway so they might aswell argue

thats why they need more episodes so they can fit all the amazing stuff they have in.

im ahuge fan aswell
            ''It's not what you have, it's how you use it.''

Comment

Wow, so little love for this ep from some. And here am I thinking we should have got more of this than certain seasons of certain other shows in the franchise. Just goes to show how tastes can differ.
              sigpic

Comment

I gave it a 7, but a 7.5 would be more accurate. I didn't think it was bad though, just fairly decent. The LA stuff was cool.

Comment

6/10

And I think I'm being generous with that 6. Quite a downer after last week's terrific episode. Gets a 6 for some of the character bits...particularly Greer and then Young being jealous of LA guy, but story wise, meh/bleh.
                  Last edited by LoneStar1836; 22 March 2011, 10:31 AM.
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

I gave it an 8, mostly because of Wray and Greer; they both had some really good character moments in this episode. I've been liking Wray more as this season as gone on, and even Chloe had some nice moments. She's been seeming more sure of herself in the past two episodes, and I like that. It was a good character episode. The plot was ok, but I thought the Earth stuff felt off.
                    sigpic

Comment

1/10.
                      So Bored. Way too much standing around and whimpering. I stopped watching the series and came back for this?

Comment

Originally posted by dahok View Post
                        1/10.
                        So Bored. Way too much standing around and whimpering. I stopped watching the series and came back for this?
                        I think it would have been better if you never came back if thats how you feel....some of us enjoy the show and your opinion is not universal.

Anyway back on topic:

I gave it an 9/10 becouse Earth and stone episodes from the first season should have been writen this way.
                        Not the best episode and certainly not an action based one....but for a character driven one it was ok.

Comment

6/10

I felt this was a real let down after the first 2 back. I just don't feel like we got anywhere in terms of the overarching story line. Essentially, this episode to me came across as pure filler. Maybe some people enjoy Wray and Greer but they're 2 characters i have very little interest in. I don't hate them; I just prefer them as supporting players and not front and center. I've also had enough with the Lucian Alliance. Say what you will about their technology or numbers but i just don't buy them being the huge intergalactic threat we're supposed to believe they are. Also, what happened to SG teams... surely we still have them right? If so, i feel like they'd be more than capable of dealing with the threat of the Lucian Alliance. Perhaps it's more than just the Alliance though; as in i'm always more interested in what's going on aboard the Destiny. Personally i don't care about what's happening on Earth.

I'm sure i could elaborate on all those points and organize them in a more organized fashion but that's a quick gloss over. I realize i don't post much here but thought i'd get in on the act. I love SGU, i really do and i'm devastated that's it's coming to such a premature end. I however feel the show should have it's primary focus on Destiny, it's mission, and the crew attempting to complete that mission. I'm not opposed to them being in contact with Earth, i only feel that Earth bound affairs shouldn't be of concern.

Comment

Originally posted by The Swarm View Post
                            I think it would have been better if you never came back if thats how you feel....some of us enjoy the show and your opinion is not universal.
                            Most people didn't come back, so you're right, and it got canceled because of that.
                            Irreparable damage was done to the franchise, the last episode highlighted it.

Comment

Originally posted by dahok View Post
                              Most people didn't come back, so you're right, and it got canceled because of that.
                              Irreparable damage was done to the franchise, the last episode highlighted it.
                              For me, it's one of the best seasons SG has ever had. Talk about different opinions and personal taste.
                              sigpic

Comment

I loved the tension that was built in this episode. However, I'm not certain how well the conflict between Wray and Greer and the exploration of their characters worked in this episode, it almost seemed kind of forced.

Comment

Working...
                                X