Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
    Nah. Really!?!?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. My point in bring up people who have had to cut off their own limbs was to point out that IF joints could be reached such things are possible with nothing more than a knife since others were arguing that TJ didn't have the necessary tools to even consider amputation.

Riley was essentially a dead man. Even if they could have gotten him out, he'd probably have died of his injuries or from infection anyway, but I agree with FOB that they should have tried much harder than they did to free Riley in an attempt to save his life.
    http://www.oddee.com/item_96982.aspx
    Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Yeah I'm with everyone else in the "should have given it a shot" camp

Worst case scenario, he bleeds to death very quickly and doesnt suffer much

It seems they all were very quick to give up on him in order to build dramatic tension. Basically, they knew they couldn't do anything because it would be more dramatic that way. I hate it whenever story structure pokes up through the actual story in a show.

And I also hate it that they're killing off all the actually interesting characters. I liked Riley a lot. I dont so much like Chloe or Camille, or hell even Young lately. If they keep on this path, killing off liked secondary characters just to prove they will, they may prove that the show is willing to be "dark" and "realistic", but no one's going to watch it anymore because they've lost all interest in the characters left. Who's next - Eli? Greer? Volker? Brody? They're losing their balance between "realism" and "compelling, entertaining TV"

Comment

I don't know, I think the injuries were too far north. How you do amputate a kidney or sphincter? Definite quality of life issues there.

Comment

I don't think the injury was that bad. Worst outcome is an amputation. It's somewhat clear that they probably don't have IV fluids but that could be made based on what they've found on the different planets they've visited. They just needed to stop the bleeding, give him some fluids, and and pull him out.

I'll give the writers more credit next time if they decided to crush him from the hip instead of the legs.

Comment

Spoiler:
            i wouldn't want to see riley limping or rolling around the ship every week be to painful to watch.
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              Spoiler:
              i wouldn't want to see riley limping or rolling around the ship every week be to painful to watch.
              He'll probably get dibs on the stone

Comment

I have to agree with everyone here--I specifically sought out this thread b/c after watching the episode I just did not understand why they did not try more things to save Riley.

Originally posted by Mike. View Post
                5. He told Young he was in pain - while earlier in the episode he said he was completely paralyzed in the injured areas. Inconsistency in the show...
                My interpretation of this is that Riley faked the pain at the end when he was with Young to try and make it easier for Young (more justifiable in Young's mind) to kill him.

Comment

Either that, or the time from when he first was checked, he got his pain response back.

Comment

Working...
                  X