Telford Stone Use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
    We never saw him use the stones. He just said he did. That being said, wouldn't it be interesting if the stones are still in use and it's O'Neill in Telfords body trying to evaluate Youngs fitness?
    Then would we not have see oneill there, not telford himself? AS with all other stone use situations.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      Then would we not have see oneill there, not telford himself? AS with all other stone use situations.
      Good point!

I'd also guess that with Wray standing behind him, she went with him for the discussion.
      sigpic

Comment

We usually see both actually. Virtual stonage? But physically the person on the ship is the physical form present. It could have just been delayed for the sake of a good syke out. IF he even used the stones. Maybe Young has the control crystal so he knows he's lying about it. Or whatever hybrid tech they rigged up in THE BOX.

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
          Personally I'm getting tired of the stones gambit.

They never show the actual scene with the guys talking to their superiors for one thing so how can we be certain they have any credibility what so ever. Plus, they need to have the Colonel there to see for himself.

If it was me, I'd just shoot them for mutiny and be done with it.

Because Wray is always going to do her utmost best to undermine the Colonel no matter what. It seems we can make this into a drinking game. Every time Rush and Wray undermines the Colonel in some way take a drink. That's probably going to be the rule from now one is that Wray and Rush will forever be doing their best to undermine the Colonel. It's no wonder he's losing it.

It's really old and I'm getting ready to stop watching the show if this is all they have to create conflict. I'll give it a few more episodes to see if something really interesting happens, and if it doesn't then I'll probably quit watching it forever.
          I think it is safe to say that these next few episodes is going to change from what we have been seeing up to now. I think the writers will bring everyone together into a single cause, leadership will be the leadership the fans want to see going forward. More exciting discoveries will be found on Destiny and on other planets. Once everyone finds out what Destiny's true mission is then we may see that following that mission may also inevidably get them back home. There will be conflicts but it maybe of a different nature.

At some point Young and Wray have to be on the same page. Take the scene where Young had made up his mind about the LA prisoners and wasn't willing to look at Wray's report is not what a commander should do to weigh all options. In their community it can't be a dictatorship. Young has to trust certain people to provide suggestions, possible solutions and thoughts while having Young take all the info and make a decision.

That is what fans really liked about a leader in the Star Trek/Voyager type series. Janeway would want solutions and meet in a conference room to discuss and talk out a plan. The leader still has to make the snap decisions when there are only seconds to decide but when time allows, get input. Young knows this or he wouldn't have told O'Neill that "we have to discuss this with the crew" about the scientist returning to Destiny and trying to power their gate with a sun again.

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiRick View Post
            Young has to trust certain people to provide suggestions, possible solutions and thoughts while having Young take all the info and make a decision.
            Id hazard a guess that Young may find it a tad difficult to trust someone who led a mutiny against his command of the ship?
            Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Originally posted by sg1fan View Post
              I guess Young didn't authorize access but what does it say about Young's authority if Telford was able to use them anyway? I don't think his loyalty is in question at this point. He's proven that the brain washing is over through his actions. I personally would like to see Telford take command at some point. I've never liked Young as a commander plus I think LDP would make a better lead for the show.
              I don't know about that. There's no reason to believe whoever was guarding the stones was ever told specifically not to let Telford use them.
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I find it hard to believe that Young wouldn't have given specific orders on the usage of those stones and who would have access. No matterwhat Telford siad, whoever was there would have been given orders to check with Young first . Can't imagine Young would overlook that kind of order.
                no means no, and so does pepper spray
                Sig by The Carpenter
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
                  Id hazard a guess that Young may find it a tad difficult to trust someone who led a mutiny against his command of the ship?
                  True. but it was also his ineptitude that caused it.. He knew that, and asked wray.rush to help keep things in order after. Kind of messed up to now ignore her 1 area she is good at just cause..

Comment

Stone Use = Snore

Comment

Young did yell at him for using them, so I am sure he was not supposed to do that. However do they have guards?

Comment

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
                        How the bejesus was Telford allowed to use the communication stones? As a traitor he should have been locked up with the LA instead of being allowed to jump back to Earth. Bets on Wray having got him the access?
                        he's not a traitor ! her was brainwashed beyond his control and now he's free of it and member of the destiny crew.
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Telford can probably go wherever he wants on Destiny, since he is no longer brainwashed. However, it seemed like they were keeping him locked up with the LA for a while, probably because Young thought the LA would discuss their plans around him and Telford could warn the crew if another attack was planned. He probably convinced Wray (or one of the guards) to let him use the stones one of the times when he was out of the room. Telford was also in the prefect position to decided who got to stay and go in the LA because he would know who would be useful. It also seems like Telford realizes that Young isn't thinking about their current situation rationally, which is why he contacted Earth himself. It'll be interesting to see in the future if he challenges Young for command.
                          sigpic

Find your Destiny

Comment

If you've watched the webisodes...

Spoiler:
                            You could see a segment where Brody thinks that Telford will get them all killed and suggests supporting Rush

Comment

That was way back in the first half of the first season. Not that Brody's opinion would have changed much, but he must understand the circumstances now.

Comment

I don't believe Young completely trusts Telford. The brainwashing has been removed but there's too much that's unknown about Telford's character or his agenda to be sure that the issues with the LA were purely a matter of being brainwashed. I think Young is walking a pretty fine line with this
                                sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Working...
                                X