X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe he was a colonel before he was brainwashed

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
      I would think Telford's time under the brainwash should be factored into his rank, any gains made during that time shouldn't count...just like the crimes committed shouldn't count.
      So the crimes perpetrated by suicide bombers 'shouldnt count' because they have been brainwashed by their recruiters and handlers? Get real.
      Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

There is something of a difference between indoctrination and technological brainwashing. Teflord shouldn't be trusted right off the bat, and Young makes an issue of it, but he still was brainwashed a lot better than your average bomber.

Comment

Well since he was a spy for the Lucian Alliance, what else could he have leaked? I believe that he went to earth for a debriefing with O'Neill. They need to know what else Telford have leaked or didn't leaked and the only way is trough the stones and there is no security risk in doing it, but of course Telford will be watched as soon as his conscience sets foot on earth.
          sigpic
          - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Telford rules, thats why he got to use the stones.

Comment

Personally I'm getting tired of the stones gambit.

They never show the actual scene with the guys talking to their superiors for one thing so how can we be certain they have any credibility what so ever. Plus, they need to have the Colonel there to see for himself.

If it was me, I'd just shoot them for mutiny and be done with it.

Because Wray is always going to do her utmost best to undermine the Colonel no matter what. It seems we can make this into a drinking game. Every time Rush and Wray undermines the Colonel in some way take a drink. That's probably going to be the rule from now one is that Wray and Rush will forever be doing their best to undermine the Colonel. It's no wonder he's losing it.

It's really old and I'm getting ready to stop watching the show if this is all they have to create conflict. I'll give it a few more episodes to see if something really interesting happens, and if it doesn't then I'll probably quit watching it forever.

Comment

SH,

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
                So I wonder who it was that got Telford access to the stones in the first place? If he had asked a member of the military they would have reported it to Young.
                Sure about that? Maybe they hadn't had time to tell him and Telford came straight to Young after getting back?
                All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

With all the prisoners they have to guard now, it's possible that there just wasn't the man power to guard them, or else there just didn't seem to be the need.

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me if Telford is pulling a Rush on the who's in charge bit. Or if the LA folks have some magic mushroom to re-brainwash Telford. I guess we'll find out soon enough now that the three and half month wait is over...

Comment

Teleford went to Jack to pitch his side of the argument. Thats what I think.

Currently Watching: SGU Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice

Rewatch: BSG, SGA, SG:1 Farscape, X files

Comment

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
                        So I wonder who it was that got Telford access to the stones in the first place? If he had asked a member of the military they would have reported it to Young.
                        most likely wray.. I would have thought scott also but he was planetside.

Well since he was a spy for the Lucian Alliance, what else could he have leaked? I believe that he went to earth for a debriefing with O'Neill.
                        That is a good reason why oneil and co did not immediatly switch him off.

Teleford went to Jack to pitch his side of the argument. Thats what I think.
                        But what argument would that be? That he is good now? That he was never brainwashed? That the LA should be allowed to live?

Comment

We never saw him use the stones. He just said he did. That being said, wouldn't it be interesting if the stones are still in use and it's O'Neill in Telfords body trying to evaluate Youngs fitness?

Comment

I think he was doing what needed to be done under the circumstances. They couldn't hold the LA prisoners indefinitely and he knew that some of them would have skills or knowledge to contribute, so he took the initiative and dealt with both his higher-ups and with Wray as head IOA person. Young may not have liked it, but he and Telford seem to be of equal rank so I don't see how he could overrule him on this one (although I have no idea how various other aspects come into play when you have two Colonels... I know there are variations on rank, but I have no idea what they are).
                            sigpic

Comment

Haven't we come a long way from Rush claiming the same story. I just used the stones, they put me in charge. With Wray barking on about I don't recognize your authority... Please find adequate accommodations and stay there...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
                                Haven't we come a long way from Rush claiming the same story. I just used the stones, they put me in charge. With Wray barking on about I don't recognize your authority... Please find adequate accommodations and stay there...
                                Yes, but in the eyes of the audience, Rush is supposed not be trusted, whereas Telford is a formerly brainwashed US military colonel who is in the process of redemption. Different circumstances, different responses.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X