Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GG,

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
    If the Lucian Alliance launched a full scale invasion then all they would do is wake up a massive giant and fill him with an incredible rage. If Earth threw all it's manpower and resources into a galactic war the Lucian Alliance would be wiped out. Which the Lucian Alliance probably knows so they wouldn't want to unleash that force upon them. Either they destroy the earth with a few hundred naquadriah bombs or they leave the actual planet Earth alone, it's the only intelligent choice they can make.
    Let me quote Stalin for the third time on this board. "Quantity has a quality all it's own." Earth can't match the LA's numbers, yet. It would be a slugfest, at best. This is also assuming the LA has not gained some tech allowing them to go toe to toe with the 304s.
    All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Well, 2 sots from an asgard beam prety much destroys a hive ship. Ha'taks ought to be 1 shot kils. En a single shot from a puddle jumper has been know to destroy one, let alone Atlantis firing all of it's drones and giving us a repeat of "the lost city". 30's can destroy ori ships. How credible do you think it is ships gain the technology to get to that level?

Also, it's been a year since EatG so te ships ougt to be repaired or finished by now.

Unless the LA number in a ew hundred ha'taks I'm sure it'll be a pure slaughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        we at least 5 304's 4 of them have Asgard beam weapons. plus Atlantis is on earth drones and puddle jumpers. plus jaffa nation support.

the leather alliance doesn't stand a chance.
        Funny, if I remember SG-1's exploits against the Goa'uld correctly, superior technology doesn't always mean victory.

HERMIOD: 'Crap' indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Advanced weapons suddenly lose their advantage when your enemy has more numbers
          I doubt the LA have more numbers than the Free Jaffa Nation and don't forget we have the Tok'Ra on our side as well

Comment

Sounds like a cool subplot, but I hope it doesn't distract from Destiny and start having more Earth/Stone based stories again...I want Destiny to be the focus...not Earth.

That being said, seeing as 99% + of Earth has no idea about the SG program or alien tech it is an optimal time to attack.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post
              Well, 2 sots from an asgard beam prety much destroys a hive ship. Ha'taks ought to be 1 shot kils. En a single shot from a puddle jumper has been know to destroy one, let alone Atlantis firing all of it's drones and giving us a repeat of "the lost city". 30's can destroy ori ships. How credible do you think it is ships gain the technology to get to that level?

Also, it's been a year since EatG so te ships ougt to be repaired or finished by now.

Unless the LA number in a ew hundred ha'taks I'm sure it'll be a pure slaughter.
              You say that like every war is a straight up fight. The reality is very different. As we speak 30,000 to 40,000 men armed with outdated soviet weapons from the 70’s are holding down several hundred thousand of the best armed and trained men in the world. Yes in a stand up fight we’d win, but the Taliban don’t allow that to happen. Any war with the Lucian Alliance would therefore probably be a guerrilla war, the LA would execute raids, used cloaked cargo ships to place bombs on earth or ambush ships like in Company of Thieves. In such a situation trying to fix the enemy in place for any length of time becomes very difficult and it is then often very hard to bring overwhelming force against them.

Comment

Any possible way Stargate: Revolution in its conception had to do with the Lucian Alliance or the Ninth Chevron

Comment

The red car vs the blue car!
                  Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                    We live in the Milky War galaxy?
                    oh wow. I suck. Can I change that? It was late...

Comment

An LA war with Earth reeks of bad writing. The LA is a group of thugs, and fighting a major power is the LAST thing they would do. If anything, they'd avoid Earth where they can, because they know Earth can't control the galaxy. We have 5 ships now? Maybe 6? We can't cover the entire galaxy. If anything, the LA would hit outposts and mining operations like Icarus base. Stuff more lightly defended where they can snatch goods and then retreat.

Also, there is no way the LA can match the tech Earth has now. I don't buy JM's explanation about those shields, where he said "you're assuming no else had advanced their tech as well." The LA are street thugs, and gangs don't have the brains to significantly upgrade their tech... at least not enough to withstand Asgard Beam weapons that tore through Ori shields. So we'd have to believe street gangs upgraded their shields to be stronger than Ori shields. So I'm of the opinion the Hammond didn't have Asgard Beam weapons installed or ready yet.

And even discounting that, the Hammed seemed to be quite fine lasting under the combined firepower of at least three Goa'uld motherships. Against 4 or 5 ships and Atlantis? The LA would never mass the amount of numbers to overcome that; they aren't the wraith.

So no, the LA isn't going to stage an attack against Earth. If anything, it would be leaked intel designed to keep Earth's forces close to Earth... instead of out in the galaxy protecting more juicy targets. There is no money involved in attacking Earth, and that's all thugs care about.

If they do attack, then the writers better come up with a damn good reason between then and now.

Comment

The LA appear to be 'a group of thugs' who have the capability to infiltrate SGC with a mole, the resources to mount an expedition to the destination at the end of the 9th Chevron, have access to advanced technology and starships and are capable of locating and surveying naquadriah enriched planets to provide the power to dial Destiny. Castigating them as purely 'street thugs' seems a tad pointless. JM & the rest of the SG producers / writers have put the LA into place as main antagonists in the Milky Way now that the Go'auld have been dealt with, is that so hard to come to terms with?
                        Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Actually it makes a lot of sense attacking an destroying Earth. We are the only organise power in the Galaxy that have the resources an power to take on the Lucian alliance, The Tok'ra are a dieing race an the Jaffa nation last time we saw them were to busy fighting amoungst themselves to fight the Lucian alliance. Taking out Earth would enable them secure there position in the Galaxy as the most organise group there is an the most powerful, after all they most likely capture an obtain at least some earth/Asgard technology from us.
                          Thugs an criminals or not the few words we have heard from them in SGU seem to suggest that they now have a greater plan an vision for there organisation. It has also been reveal that they may be a far older organisation than we knew before, ginger hair girl said they have been harassing her family for 15 years . Which means that they were able to operate under the system lords who had far more power an control than Earth does.

Comment

Originally posted by Hermiod View Post
                            Funny, if I remember SG-1's exploits against the Goa'uld correctly, superior technology doesn't always mean victory.
                            Good point. I mean we were outmanned and outgunned but sg-1 came out on top

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                              An LA war with Earth reeks of bad writing. The LA is a group of thugs, and fighting a major power is the LAST thing they would do. If anything, they'd avoid Earth where they can, because they know Earth can't control the galaxy. We have 5 ships now? Maybe 6? We can't cover the entire galaxy. If anything, the LA would hit outposts and mining operations like Icarus base. Stuff more lightly defended where they can snatch goods and then retreat.

Also, there is no way the LA can match the tech Earth has now. I don't buy JM's explanation about those shields, where he said "you're assuming no else had advanced their tech as well." The LA are street thugs, and gangs don't have the brains to significantly upgrade their tech... at least not enough to withstand Asgard Beam weapons that tore through Ori shields. So we'd have to believe street gangs upgraded their shields to be stronger than Ori shields. So I'm of the opinion the Hammond didn't have Asgard Beam weapons installed or ready yet.

And even discounting that, the Hammed seemed to be quite fine lasting under the combined firepower of at least three Goa'uld motherships. Against 4 or 5 ships and Atlantis? The LA would never mass the amount of numbers to overcome that; they aren't the wraith.

So no, the LA isn't going to stage an attack against Earth. If anything, it would be leaked intel designed to keep Earth's forces close to Earth... instead of out in the galaxy protecting more juicy targets. There is no money involved in attacking Earth, and that's all thugs care about.

If they do attack, then the writers better come up with a damn good reason between then and now.
                              Yeah because it’s not like there is a real world comparison is there? I mean there aren’t any backward tribal warlords, heavily involved in drug dealing, fighting superpowers in the world are there? Oh wait a second...

And frankly from a military point of view an attack on earth makes perfect sense. The LA have a method of inserting bombs or strike teams undetected on earth, and an a attack on earth could destroy any facilities to build any more ships but also the facilities to repair the 304’s. After that let attrition take its toll. Add an attack on the SGC and Homeworld Command, and you leave Earth’s force disorganised and less able to project power throughout the galaxy.

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me if that little comment was thrown into SGU as continuity for when they get to the SG1 movie. My guess is that is what the SG1 movie will be about - the Lucian Alliance throwing everything they've got at Earth.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Working...
                                X