This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    ut who do we determine as a 'primary character'? Was grodin one in SGA? Beckett? Wier?? All 3 died off. Same with ford in the end.
    Primary characters are those who appear in opening credits. There, the easiest explanation

For me Heroes Pt 2 and Meridian, along with Forever in a day are the only ones so far which have brought me close to tears (first time i watched FiaD and meridian i did)...
    The very first time I watched Meridian it made me tear up, I admit, but I didn't cry. I wasn't particularly affected by Heroes and FIAD (I found Abyss to be much sadder tbh). As I said "Aftermath" got the doubtful privilage of becoming the first Stargate episode ever that made me cry like a baby.

Not to me. Greer seems to be the one most in line to want to protect everyone they have...
    That he does, but what I meant was that usually the toast is made either by commander/boss or the closest friend, and I never noticed Greer and Riley being particularly close. I think Eli or other civilian scientists would have been more obvious choice.

I am not sure if that showed he had restraint, or whether he heard Telfords order to back off...
    Nope, he totally showed restraint. He stopped choking the guy and even took his hands off him before Telford even noticed what was going on. Watch the scene again and you'll see. Besides, Telford didn't order him to "back off", he just shouted once "Everett!". And even if he did, I have a hard time seeing Young complying given that they are of equal rank and Young's in command, not Telford. Why would he follow his orders then?

It will be interesting to see if they touch on it again, or whether it might be a set up for the new (third) SG1 movie..
    I know people say that it's easy to rewrite script, but IIRC the third movie was suppose to take place right after EATG and it was to do with the secret mission one of the Earth ships (don't remember which one, sorry) was on at the time. Rewriting script to suit SGU season 2 timeline would leave another plothole in EATG.
    There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
    sigpic
    awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

oh my.... Riley was one of my favourite characters...damn.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
        oh my.... Riley was one of my favourite characters...damn.
        I know its not quite the same...but I really could feel for Young when he did what he did. On September 27th I had to make a decision to put my 15 year-old dog down. I know some of you are going to get pissy and say a dog isn't the same as a human, but I value all life...especially a dog who has been more loyal than any human could dream of being. Anyway, it was a very difficult decision to make. I couldn't imagine having to make that decision for another person.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
          I know its not quite the same...but I really could feel for Young when he did what he did. On September 27th I had to make a decision to put my 15 year-old dog down. I know some of you are going to get pissy and say a dog isn't the same as a human, but I value all life...especially a dog who has been more loyal than any human could dream of being. Anyway, it was a very difficult decision to make. I couldn't imagine having to make that decision for another person.
          I'm sorry to hear that, LTCarter, and yes, that has to be one of the harder decisions to ever have to make.

That Young, who already has this pain of losing people, in addition to the massive loss he's just suffered, I can't imagine what that will do to him
          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
            I'm sorry to hear that, LTCarter, and yes, that has to be one of the harder decisions to ever have to make.

That Young, who already has this pain of losing people, in addition to the massive loss he's just suffered, I can't imagine what that will do to him
            I know...I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if there was some sort of major breakdown coming.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
              I've gone through most of the postings in this thread and maybe I'm missing the obvious, but no one seems to have asked about the Asian woman shown lying in the shuttle. I'm referring to the scene where TJ has just finished telling Riley about her baby and the camera pans around the inside of the shuttle and shows an Asian woman lying down with her head on what appears to be a pillow made of fatigues - the camera stays on her for a few seconds and then cuts to a new scene back on Destiny. Who is this woman???
              Yeah, that would be Lisa Park.

Comment

have you all ever thought that maybe the ancient's didn't plan on returning to destiny because maybe they are already there! and maybe rush was not crazy. but being tested!

Comment

Originally posted by kc5txr View Post
                  have you all ever thought that maybe the ancient's didn't plan on returning to destiny because maybe they are already there! and maybe rush was not crazy. but being tested!
                  I do think that Rush is being tested (and not doing too well), but no, I don;t think the ancients are there already.
                  sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by kc5txr View Post
                    NO. Despite my love for the show, if something like that were to happen I'd stop watching immediately. NO MORE ANCIENTS!!!

Anyway, I've just stumbled upon this Intervention & Aftermath review which I loved, so I thought I'd share.
                    There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                    sigpic
                    awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
                      I've gone through most of the postings in this thread and maybe I'm missing the obvious, but no one seems to have asked about the Asian woman shown lying in the shuttle. I'm referring to the scene where TJ has just finished telling Riley about her baby and the camera pans around the inside of the shuttle and shows an Asian woman lying down with her head on what appears to be a pillow made of fatigues - the camera stays on her for a few seconds and then cuts to a new scene back on Destiny. Who is this woman???

It seemed to me that TJ and Riley thought they were alone on the shuttle.
                      Dr Lisa Park. It just doesn't look like her in that particular scene. Yes, it would appear that TJ & Riley were unaware of her presence. That should be something that will come into play later on.

Comment

Ok. 1) with how little time they had before the destiny jumped again i do not see them having the time to get a crew there to cut him out.
                        2) Where would they hav gotten the tools.. yes they had that plasma cutter in Water, but did they bring it back?
                        3) With all the medicing going on in Intervention (and in the ep before) who is to say they still have any of the pain killers left...
                        4) on the suffocation.. As i mentioned above, according to a HM (hospital corpsman) some people have sympathetic breathing when choking others out (mostly some seals)... just like there are many sympathetic pukers.

Done for now....
                        FYI, A plasma cutter can also be used as a welder. You see it being used when Brody sealed the Hydroponic doors. I use these in my world.
                        Last edited by SciFiRick; 07 October 2010, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by starbystar View Post
                          Hey all - I'm new to the Forum, so be gentle!

I've been lurking for a while, and I had a general question about Aftermath: all the crew knows that Young is the father of TJ's baby, right? I mean, I know Chole and Scott know for sure, but how about the others? Clearly that would affect how the rest of them are judging Young and his developing instability.
                          Yeah, Great Question. I think you would assume that everyone would ask her about the father. I am pretty sure everyone knew.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post

It's open for debate, but the shuttle passed through the turbulence and was flying for awhile afterward, before it suddenly cut out. Perhaps the turbulence had an effect, or maybe it was just an unlucky malfunction; we don't know. And I still believe that, even with the knowledge, Young would have still made the call to send the shuttle; they were low on supplies so it was worth the risk. Like I said, it's easy to call things out after the fact, but put yourself in the shoes of one of them before that.

Hell, let's say Rush made the shuttle turn back and the ship went on and they didn't find supplies and people started dying from starvation. You'd probably be ragging on him for making the ship turn around. "What the hell did Rush do? Why didn't he at least them them try to get supplies from that planet when he KNEW they were starving? Damn Rush, all his fault for wanting to keep the shuttle like he wanted to keep the one from Faith."
                            Except I don't hate Rush and question everything he does like you apparently think I do.

But you're right, it's open for debate. That's why I emphasized "may". On my part I think there's a higher chance of Young reconsidering his decision since he's known to be extra protective of his people (to the point of making stupid decisions, i.e. Incursion), but there's an argument to be made there of Young being too cautious - obviously, to get supplies, sometimes risks need to be taken. It's definitely hard to argue either way, IMHO.

Comment

Brilliant moment: Greer attracting the attention of Eli and Volker by saying, "Hey, science guys ..."

Comment

Originally posted by Callie View Post
                                Brilliant moment: Greer attracting the attention of Eli and Volker by saying, "Hey, science guys ..."
                                I loved that part!!!! Great Catch

Comment

Working...
                                X