This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sapphire_Jade View Post
    there was a lack of Chloe wasn't there? I hadn't noticed.. huh...wow that says something!...lol.. Riley was a favorite of mine too I cried in this episode because he died!!
    Lack? There was no Chloe.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      There is no Chloe at all, only a blueberry undergoing its initial metamorphosis!
      Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

And actually there WAS Chloe, you see her comforting Scott right at the end
        Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

I really liked this ep. Well, I didn't like that Riley had to die, but it was very emotionally and another thing for Young to live with. Rush finding the bridge was great and all his explanations why Destiny dropped out of FTL. But Young seems to suspect something.
          Chloe was missing? Ah, yes, thinking of it, there was something missing
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
            And actually there WAS Chloe, you see her comforting Scott right at the end
            wow really? Missed that one.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
              If Gloria is his conscience in some way, then she was absolutely right in saying that his negligence was directly responsible for putting the shuttle crew in that situation in the first place. You're correct that if he decided to be truthful about the access code, things would have been different.

Rush is still rationalizing away his egregious tactics and the body count under the pretext of "the greater good." He wasn't saving lives, though he may sincerely believe he's trying to do that. His actions in Aftermath aren't about the welfare of the crew no matter how much he can rationalize or justify it as such. This is about him being in control and proving that he's right.

He claims that Young is mentally unstable and unfit for command. Well, Young isn't seeing Gloria or Jeremy Franklin in his mind right now. That and there's the oh-so-little bit of dishonesty about the master code. On top of that, he cost them a shuttle and the life of a well-liked and excellent crewman. His hypocrisy is infuriating. Rush is WRONG. Period. He is NOT fit for command.
              You're fine for not liking Rush, but you're going to have to find better reasons. For one, it's not clear Gloria is his conscience. The very fact that Franklin showed up, shows that something more is going on.

Also, it wasn't entirely Rush's fault for what happened to Riley. Yes, he stopped the ship so that they could take a shuttle to the planet, but Young gave the orders to, and they needed supplies. It's all well and good to say it was a bad choice after the fact, but you didn't know early on (unless you kept in touch with spoilers). Faced with dwindling supplies and a planet that has vegetation, you'd make the same call. I'd be willing to bet that if Rush was truthful and open about finding the bridge and the planet, Young would have ordered a stop and shuttle trip.

And by the way, even if he's seeing things, it's clearly explained by his lack of sleep and his nightmares over being tortured (yeah, see how well YOU hold up after being tortured). Young, on the other hand, has no such excuses.

On another note, yeah, I didn't even notice Chloe was gone. And apparently, no one else really did, either. Says a lot about her character, really, that she's so forgettable. Given her lines in Justice, I'd almost say she would have been the better candidate to say what Riley did about prisoners of war. But then, I suppose they needed Riley to say them to emphasize his ultimate role. Perhaps Chloe can step up more and be the group's conscious, but I dread that, because she sounds so whiny when she does (Eli suffers a bit from this, too). Also, consciences generally only work in idealistic universe, and as we've established, SGU is a cynical one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                I'm sorry guys, I give this a thumbs down. And not because Riley is dead (why didn't they just sever his lower torso?)
                Eh? Are we watching different shows? I mean the show I'm watching they have barely any medical supplies, no doctor and one medic. Riley to remove him would at the very least require the amputation of both limbs, a rather complex operation and not one to be conducted in the back of a crashed shuttle with no supplies or tools. Actually it looked like Riley was buried up to his waist which would require a hemicorporectomy. Removing the lower torso and everything beneath it is an incredibly complex operation which has only been attempted a few dozen times. Most hospitals have do not resuscitate protocols for those that require an emergency hemicorporectomy.

Anyway to the episode itself, I think this must take the prize for most disturbing death on Stargate. Great acting both by Haig Sutherland and Louis Ferreira. And I’m glad that they have started killing off characters we like. It adds to the sense of danger, the fact that even on just a routine supply run you can die. As for the rest of the episode it seems to be coming along nicely, both Rush and Young are slowly losing it and there seems to be plenty of potential for conflict with Telford. The lead in to next week has me excited as well and hopefully it will continue this upward trend.

Comment

Not true. She was in one 5 second scene with no lines.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I have Verizon FiOS TV, and in the Info menu for last week's episode, Intervention, it read, "Rush makes a discovery that he keeps from rest of the Destiny crew."

They're dropping spoilers for upcoming eps!

Lesson learned: Never push the "Info" button.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                      And by the way, even if he's seeing things, it's clearly explained by his lack of sleep and his nightmares over being tortured (yeah, see how well YOU hold up after being tortured). Young, on the other hand, has no such excuses.
                      Y'know, except for having the mother of his unborn child shot, and as far as he knows his unborn daughter is dead. It may or may not be alive on the Faith planet, but that's a whole other discussion. I don't think you can take the emotional stress he's going through, lightly. I believe anyone who has lost a child or a loved one would agree to this.
                      sigpic

Comment

blooming heck when Young
                        Spoiler:
                        killed
                        Riley lord i never thought i'd see that on stargate what a powrful peice of drama i wonder how'll it effect him i know it was done out of compassion but man that's woo! talk about things you'd never thought you'd see!
                        C. Edmund

Comment

wow, until I read it right now I really hadn't noticed that Chloe was barely in this episode.
                          sigpic

Comment

I thought this episode was actually great. Emotionally charged and had some good character development all round. Add that to the ending which promises something cool next week and you have a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                              wow, until I read it right now I really hadn't noticed that Chloe was barely in this episode.
                              It was wonderful

Could someone explain to me how they lifted and powered the gate? They 'crashed' close enough to the gate to get there quickly, huh?

Everything seemed to wrap too conveniently around the character drama for me. There was no tense 'we're stuck here if Destiny jumps'. I'm really trying to find something to enjoy in SGU but I really prefer plot to the overabundance of character drama which is what SGU is going for. I'm just not invested in it, nor do I really care that Riley died to be honest. Sad moment, to be sure, and the best part of the episode (minus Young's decision to make the man suffer instead of using a bullet) for me.

I enjoyed the premier more.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                                Could someone explain to me how they lifted and powered the gate? They 'crashed' close enough to the gate to get there quickly, huh?
                                I wondered this aswell. In the Original film it took dozens of men with ropes to life the gate, I can't see how they managed it. As for powersouce, I assume the gate has it;s own built into it, it wasn't out of power afterall, just buried.

Damn SGU, in the history of the franchise I've only ever been brought to tears, once, Meridan but SGU has managed it twice in 2 weeks, not saying it's a bad thing though.

Comment

Working...
                                X