Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gate was still standing, Greer stands on the top of it when he 'discovers' its location. It was just surrounded by rubble.
    Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
      Damn SGU, in the history of the franchise I've only ever been brought to tears, once, Meridan but SGU has managed it twice in 2 weeks, not saying it's a bad thing though.
      What about Heroes, pt 2?

Comment

Originally posted by Skygate View Post
        What about Heroes, pt 2?
        For some reason no, Fraisers death didn't affect me.

Comment

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
          Gate was still standing, Greer stands on the top of it when he 'discovers' its location. It was just surrounded by rubble.

Looked like it was laying down flat to me but ok.

All the explosives planted around it should have caused it to explode - not power it up. :/
          sigpic
          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post

All the explosives planted around it should have caused it to explode - not power it up. :/
            After all the things we've seen done to a stargate in the past I doubt a bit of C4 would cause it to explode.

Comment

Except that in "100 Days", the gate survived a direct hit by a meteor, even though it wound up buried. So a bunch of C4 doesn't seem like it would equal a meteor strike. And other gates have survived massive explosions, as well.

And it was standing up, buried in the rubble that Greer was standing on top of. The rest of the group with him had to climb up the "hill" piled around it to reach Greer.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                David Hewlett was an excellent actor, he was just written poorly
                Pshhh! I think he is a great writer and was written perfectly!

Comment

What I liked best about this episode was the questioned asked by Franklin/Rush's wife entity. As far as the crash landing, it only seemed to serve the Rush story. Did feel pointless in from the single episode perspective but understanding why the engines cut out might give it some more context. Oh and it will give young another good reason to want to take Rush out of the equation and not that I needed more convincing but justifies his attempt to strand him in the first place. Some people seem to think it was bad of Young to abandon Rush in "Justice" but weather it was wise or not, Rush definitely deserved it.

Oh and while we're voting. I thought when Greer first found the stargate it was standing but burried. That's how I saw it.
                  I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

Haven't seen the episode yet but I'm not bothered about spoilers.

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                    It adds to the sense of danger, the fact that even on just a routine supply run you can die.
                    Only if you're a well liked secondary character. I'm expecting James to be killed off some time - she seems to be fairly popular because she's got her own appreciation thread. I'd be more impressed if they added to the sense of danger by killing off Young, Scott, Telford, Eli, Chloe, Greer or TJ. I didn't include Rush because it would be impossible to replace him although I don't like him and find him very dull - I'd put him in the same character category as Cigarette Smoking Man (The X-Files) and Gul Dukat (DS9) but he's hardly in the same league. (Subjective personal opinion here I hasten to add.)

I'm really annoyed about Riley because he was the one character I actually liked.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post

Only if you're a well liked secondary character. I'm expecting James to be killed off some time - she seems to be fairly popular because she's got her own appreciation thread. (
                      Oh I doubt that will happen. I'm sure I don't need to explain why.

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                      After all the things we've seen done to a stargate in the past I doubt a bit of C4 would cause it to explode.
                      No. You're right. I agree. All the stuff surrounding the gate, getting it up and working and getting back to Destiny was just too 'convenient' for me to be really believable.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Oh I doubt that will happen. I'm sure I don't need to explain why.
                        You're probably right. I quite like James so maybe it will be safe if I make her my favourite character from now on.
                        sigpic

Comment

Great episode Sad to see Riley Killed off but thought it we inevitable for one of the characters to be axed after all the new Lucian Members that were added this season. Rush continues to be sneaky and awesome though i side with him in this case as he proved last week that he is willing to make the tough decisions that Col. Young is not willing to make to survive. Wouldn't surprise me if Rush or Col. Telford are put in charge before the end of this season young looks like he is on the verge of having a mental breakdown especially in this episode. So far Season 2 is 2 for 2 wow a lot of 2s bring on Episode 3!!!

Comment

Just to end the "gate was buried upright" vs "no it wasn't" argument... no it wasn't.
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic

Comment

I haven't read through the thread yet but I've just finished watching Aftermath and I wanted to say straight away that I LOVED it. Easily one of the best episodes so far, who knows, maybe even the best.

Okay, what did I like?

Riley. Oh Riley. Let me just say first that I really liked his character, although he wasn't one of my favourites. Avoiding spoilers like crazy, I had no idea what would happen to him, so I admit to doing some when he was the only one to be injured again. The first surprise came when he himself mentioned it. The second came, when he said he was going to die and TJ didn't contadict him. The third was, when he did die. The fourth, how he died. Wow. I never expected to see something like that on Stargate and I'm kinda speechless. Hell, I even cried and I *never* cry watching Stargate. I think it was very, very well done. In retrospect it was all set up very carefully and believeably, with his 2 close calls and letting us, the audience, get to know him. He was probably one of the most decent people onboard...his conversation with TJ was very touching and, well, human. And how he died. I wasn't expecting this at all. At first I thought he'd die naturally and then when he begged Young to help him (and I had a weird flashback to Abyss and Jack asking Daniel to do the same) I fully expected Young to give him his loaded gun and leave, letting him end his life by his own hand. I certainly didn't expect strangling. I've seen some critique of Young because of that, but I think he did it this way because he'd promised Riley he wouldn't die alone and true to his word he stayed with him to the very end. Again, wow. It was a very emotional scene.

I also liked how at the end everybody was shown grieving him. Interesting, that Greer was the one making toast.

Next, I adored TJ. She was strong and vulnerable at the same time but always in appropriate moments, she was honest and professional and she allowed herself to be a friend first and foremost when Riley needed one. It was a great episode for her.

Young continues to slip and I can't help but wonder when will he hit the bottom. As of now he still has some restraint left, as evidenced by not killing LA guy. I also wouldn't give too much weight to him drinking again, because if you are not allowed to drink when you just helped kill himself your subordinate, when can you drink? Between losing his baby and Riley, the guy certainly doesn't have it easy.

I'm surprised to say it, but I think I'm warming up to Rush. There's no question that he royally screwed up in this episode and there will be hell to pay when people (Young) find out, but I sorta liked him. his talks with Gloria were interesting, and Franklin showing up was a nice touch.

Camille seems to do something useful for a change, I wonder where are they taking her character.

I want to see more of Ginn. The snippet of info about possible attack on Earth was interesting.

Also, I can't say I missed Chloe. It was nice to see Becker again.

As to the shuttle plot, I liked it. I adore James so it was cool to see her. It was even cooler to see her in charge and cooler still to see her working closely with Greer. I'd love the two of them to have more screentime together, and have their friendship developed, because there's some awesome potential there.

Greer rocks, that is all.

Eli seemed somehow toned down, and I'm wondering what's going on in that head of his. I also found his repeated questions of Riley's well-being heartbreaking. I think Scott was trying to be considerate with his answers, but he isn't a good liar.

It will be interesting to see how the crew will manage without the shuttle.

All in all, fantastic episode. I don't think there was anything I didn't like. Almost every storyline was touched upon, the planet was cool, the visuals were stunning as always, the main plot was very effective, Riley's death was done very well - I'd go as far as to say it was the best death in the franchise, the pace was fairly fast, the ending was interesting and leaving you wanting more. Great job TPTB!
                              There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                              sigpic
                              awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Loved the little balances in this ep. Young nearly choking an LA guy through nutjob criminality, then suffocating Riley through compassion. That was a great juxtaposition. Ginn talking about the gate address leading to god-like powers, then Rush insanely playing god. That was frightening.

Oh, and for what it's worth, I want Varro in charge of the ship - he's the most level-headed person there
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X