Rush's Rage .Spoilers/Spec through S2 inc "Malice"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    I hope that Ginn stays around, I like her...But I think that she is going to die. (My guess is that Simeon injures her and Rush puts her out of her misery.)
    sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

trailers are always misleading could be a dream lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
        Spoiler:
        I hope that Ginn stays around, I like her...But I think that she is going to die. (My guess is that Simeon injures her and Rush puts her out of her misery.)
        So after Young
        Spoiler:
        we would have another main character (Rush) who kills somebody out of pity - man, this season seems to get really dark
        Grimm returns October 24
        sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
        Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
          So after Young
          Spoiler:
          we would have another main character (Rush) who kills somebody out of pity - man, this season seems to get really dark
          Indeed. I like it.
          sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            While i may not be a chloe fan, i do feel she is hotter than ginn. YES ginn is a red head, but that does not make her uber sexy.
            Actually, it hella does

N.C

Comment

I think Simeon is going to view Ginn as a traitor. He'll shoot her, which will emotionally devastate Eli. Since Eli is so critical to the 'mission' and since Rush may actually view him as a son in a twisted way may drive Rush off the deep end.

Comment

Actually, i think its going to have more to do with Gloria.

Eli and Ginn get intimate, Eli as we know has a lack of confidence in his own abilities and low self esteem, especially after hankering for Chloe for so long and being pushed to the side.

If Eli opens up, and Rush see's in Eli the happiness he had when he was with Gloria, then to see it ripped from the poor kid, Rush may actually do it for Eli, although i would like to see Eli go bat-**** crazy on Simeon first, i can visualise Greer handing him the gun, Eli goes to give Simeon a few extra air holes, and Rush, knowing what Eli is going to do, stops him and prevents him from going to do something which i dont think Eli either has in him to do or would be able to cope with it emotionally if he does.

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
                  Actually, i think its going to have more to do with Gloria.

Eli and Ginn get intimate, Eli as we know has a lack of confidence in his own abilities and low self esteem, especially after hankering for Chloe for so long and being pushed to the side.

If Eli opens up, and Rush see's in Eli the happiness he had when he was with Gloria, then to see it ripped from the poor kid, Rush may actually do it for Eli, although i would like to see Eli go bat-**** crazy on Simeon first, i can visualise Greer handing him the gun, Eli goes to give Simeon a few extra air holes, and Rush, knowing what Eli is going to do, stops him and prevents him from going to do something which i dont think Eli either has in him to do or would be able to cope with it emotionally if he does.

N.C
                  interesting thought, even if I cannot imagine Rush reacting this way for Eli - looking forward to see how it will effectively work out.
                  Grimm returns October 24
                  sigpic

Comment

I love it when yet again i warm up to a character and then see it dead after 5 episodes....oh wait.
                    Seriously what are the writers thinking?

Comment

I don't know if this has been spoken of before. I just recently got into SGU and found my way here to find spoilers (I know, I am terrible) but after watching the first season DVD I suddenly came to the realization that Dr. Rush is operating most of the time without his glasses. I just recently came to the point of needing glasses to see anything beyond five feet clearly (my eyes degraded fast) so I understand the difference in world view when one cannot use occular aids to see clearly. When I find myself without glasses or contact lenses then everything else in the world outside of up close to me becomes unimportant. I cease caring about it because it becomes a blurred wall of colours that are indecipherable.

When one reads historical documents about Beethoven it is made very clear he was a rude man. Yet the people at the time never made allowances for his rudeness due to his deafness. They judged him on their own ability to hear and what they perceived as everyone else's ability as well. I think part of Rush's focus on what is near to him and what he can control on Destiny is influenced a lot by his ability to clearly see the world. Like I said, without my glasses or other ocular aids I generally do not care about what I cannot clearly see, it is a weird thought process that I did not understand at all before my vision deteriorated to its present condition (which s really bad, I can't make out anything literally over 5-6 feet from me, unless it was of course something very large in a a very distinct shape such as a pyramid). When I put my glasses on that thought process changes instantaneously.

I don't know if it makes much sense but with how the show is dealing with his glasses (almost shoving them in our face at points throughout the series so far) I could not help but think about how Rush's thought processes might be similar to my own. Please feel free to crucify me if this makes no sense what-so-ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Knaves View Post
                        I don't know if this has been spoken of before. I just recently got into SGU and found my way here to find spoilers (I know, I am terrible) but after watching the first season DVD I suddenly came to the realization that Dr. Rush is operating most of the time without his glasses. I just recently came to the point of needing glasses to see anything beyond five feet clearly (my eyes degraded fast) so I understand the difference in world view when one cannot use occular aids to see clearly. When I find myself without glasses or contact lenses then everything else in the world outside of up close to me becomes unimportant. I cease caring about it because it becomes a blurred wall of colours that are indecipherable.

When one reads historical documents about Beethoven it is made very clear he was a rude man. Yet the people at the time never made allowances for his rudeness due to his deafness. They judged him on their own ability to hear and what they perceived as everyone else's ability as well. I think part of Rush's focus on what is near to him and what he can control on Destiny is influenced a lot by his ability to clearly see the world. Like I said, without my glasses or other ocular aids I generally do not care about what I cannot clearly see, it is a weird thought process that I did not understand at all before my vision deteriorated to its present condition (which s really bad, I can't make out anything literally over 5-6 feet from me, unless it was of course something very large in a a very distinct shape such as a pyramid). When I put my glasses on that thought process changes instantaneously.

I don't know if it makes much sense but with how the show is dealing with his glasses (almost shoving them in our face at points throughout the series so far) I could not help but think about how Rush's thought processes might be similar to my own. Please feel free to crucify me if this makes no sense what-so-ever.
                        The problem with Rush and his glasses is, that he although he got them back after loosing them in the alien ship in "Justice", he never used them afterwards. Eli found the glasses on the flour of said alien ship in the episode "Lost", and gave them back to Rush in the following episode. Rush take the glasses, but we've never seen him using them again. Under normal conditions, if you need glasses, and it was shown, that he needed his glasses up to above mentioned episode "Justice", there's no way that you wouldn't use them. So this is neither a continuation error, or it has a meaning of some kind, we just exactly see clearly at the moment.

As for your idea, I think, generally spoken, you made a point, just not for this question.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
                          The problem with Rush and his glasses is, that he although he got them back after loosing them in the alien ship in "Justice", he never used them afterwards. Eli found the glasses on the flour of said alien ship in the episode "Lost", and gave them back to Rush in the following episode. Rush take the glasses, but we've never seen him using them again. Under normal conditions, if you need glasses, and it was shown, that he needed his glasses up to above mentioned episode "Justice", there's no way that you wouldn't use them. So this is neither a continuation error, or it has a meaning of some kind, we just exactly see clearly at the moment.

As for your idea, I think, generally spoken, you made a point, just not for this question.
                          Maybe the smurfs not only transplant an emitter but also change something genetically,
                          Spoiler:
                          just like they did with Chloe?And as we see in Cloverdale, whatever they did with her, the blood had some kind of healing power.
                          sigpic

Comment

If Rush really needed the glasses he'd always be wearing them. He might just be near-sighted.

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post

Or Telford lost them or broke them when he was in Rush's body
                              Grimm returns October 24
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
                                Maybe the smurfs not only transplant an emitter but also change something genetically,
                                Spoiler:
                                just like they did with Chloe?And as we see in Cloverdale, whatever they did with her, the blood had some kind of healing power.
                                The Blues had more time with Rush to do whatever they want to do, or use him for whatever they thought he might be useful. All we've seen is that he had an transmitter implanted, did they do more? Who konws, possible, we simply don't know. The whole glasses-question can be nothing more than a mistake of the writers, who didn't pay attention to such an unimportant thing. We simply don't know.

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                                If Rush really needed the glasses he'd always be wearing them. He might just be near-sighted.
                                Indeed, but he don't use them any more, did he? Btw, he's not near-sighted, he's long-sighted. Do you remember in Air II, when TJ gave him the list with the names of the people who made it through the gate, he pulled the clipboard away to read the text (he didn't wear his glasses in that moment), if he'd be near-sighted he'd pull it up, closer to the eyes, not away.

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                                Or Telford lost them or broke them when he was in Rush's body
                                No, I don't think so, he changed Rush's clothes, but if he'd feel that he don't see good enough, I'd think, he would look for the glasses to see better, wouldn't he?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X