James Reaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
    Perhaps she does not see of it as being a fling between the two of them?
    As I explained, theres no way from her perceptive she would see it any other way. She see him as a player she even made a "broomsticks room" comment to punctuate it.
    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
      As I explained, theres no way from her perceptive she would see it any other way. She see him as a player she even made a "broomsticks room" comment to punctuate it.
      heat of the moment?

Comment

^Weren't they also having sex in a similar room in the first episode? I assumed it was a reference to that.

And I don't think her reaction is 'un-realistic' - how can you expect anyting to be realistic? No one has ever been in a situaion that they're in, the stress of being so far from earth with no way back, and stuck on a ship where anything could possibly happen. They've also nearly died so many times, it's surprising they havn't cracked under the pressure more.

I think her reaction just shows that she understands that her relationship with Scott is over if there ever was a 'relationship' in the beginning. Who knows how long she's been in the army as she's probably learnt to be able to disconnect her emotions when she wants or needs to.

And I assume she's just looking out for Chloe who is so obviously being played by Scott... I don't really like him at all.

Comment

One has to remember that James is an enlisted service man/woman. She knows this and that's why she's not getting emotional about it.

Comment

Considering the fact that I don't think James and Scott have even had a scene together after Air part 1, I am really a small bit doubtful that either of them considered themselves a couple anymore, even if they were at first.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Julian View Post
              ^Weren't they also having sex in a similar room in the first episode? I assumed it was a reference to that.

And I don't think her reaction is 'un-realistic' - how can you expect anyting to be realistic? No one has ever been in a situaion that they're in, the stress of being so far from earth with no way back, and stuck on a ship where anything could possibly happen. They've also nearly died so many times, it's surprising they havn't cracked under the pressure more.

I think her reaction just shows that she understands that her relationship with Scott is over if there ever was a 'relationship' in the beginning. Who knows how long she's been in the army as she's probably learnt to be able to disconnect her emotions when she wants or needs to.

And I assume she's just looking out for Chloe who is so obviously being played by Scott... I don't really like him at all.
              How do you have any evidence that he is really 'playing her'? As in being malicious about it, I mean I see your point that is certainly one very valid definition of what he could be doing...just messing with her feelings and taking advantage of her....but honestly we have seen no real evidence of that either way.
              In fact, the only one...I have come to realize...that we do not know of about this relationship....is Scott. Other then the whole:
              Spoiler:
              Kino scene with the two girlfriends bit.

I mean it could just be that he is for some reason scared of something, or is trying to avoid any awkward situations between any of them...after all she is armed.
              I think it is interesting though, whether it is intentional or not, that he is the last person who we are really going to get thoughts on for terms of this relationship and where it is going.
              James has acted professional...telling Chloe...for whatever her reasons are, and making sure she is OK.
              Spoiler:
              Chloe and Eli have both shown a willingess to be friends around eachother and be there for eachother in that context.

and chloe has indicated that she has attraction and affections for Scott, what ever her reasons. Holding his hand when he came back, snogging, etc.
              Not saying that he is not malicious, just looking this from all the angles I can, proposing theories and saying...well I need more information from him, a telling character moment to indicate what is in his head and heart.

Comment

I think what annoys people, is that as a character, scott really isn't impressive. What exactly has he done? Eli pulled their asses out of the frying pan and the fire. If Vanessa didn't manipulate Eli, and yes she did, I would have sympathy for her. Essentially, Vanessa is part of the potential insurrection. Eli is realizing its time to play the cards smarter.

Chloe isn't a terribly useful character. maybe she'll be a diplomat later on, but until then, she is a meatbag for the sharks.

Comment

Originally posted by antcave View Post
                  not what i was expecting when she caught scott and chloe. But then again there can't be a future between scott and james.
                  Of course there can.

If they're going to be stuck on this ship for a prolonged period of time, it's unreasonable for Young to expect the military personnel to behave as if they were permanently on duty. They're all human and they all have urges...and if they aren't permitted to acquiesce to them every once in a while they'll go mad - and the last thing you want is for the people in charge of the guns to go mad.

Comment

Originally posted by wargrafix View Post
                    I think what annoys people, is that as a character, scott really isn't impressive. What exactly has he done?
                    I guess these things really are quite subjective, aren't they :

1) He effectively managed to keep the situation under control when the crew first arrived on the Destiny. Given the fact that Young was out and he is completely unprepared for such a situation, he did it quite well and showed a lot of promise as an up-and-coming leader figure.

2) He singlehandedly found the lake bed in "Air" 3 and was able to bring back enough material (eventually with the help of Greer) to get the circulation systems working again and to save everyone's life aboard the Destiny. Notwithstanding, he also practically killed himself in the process.

3) As much as people hate it/are outraged by it/are rolling their eyes about it...he made it a point to go and talk with Chloe after her father died. To me, this seems like a good thing as who knows what was going on through Chloe's mind at the time. It's certainly the sign of what a good leader would do, making sure that all of your crew are doing relatively well.

4) He successfully flew the shuttle back onto the Destiny. While he did have Eli's coordinates to perform the slingshot, it was heavily suggested that pulling off that landing maneuver was no easy task...yet he safely got everyone back and in one piece.

Take these as you will, I guess, but I think people are letting his romance/sex storyline cloud their judgment of Lt. Scott. As it stands, he's done quite a lot.
                    Sig by Pandora's Box
                    sigpic

Comment

Scott seems too much of a contradiction right now. Right off the bat he's literally screwing the military regs ON base. Shows he doesn't have much respect for the military. He steps up after that and takes command very reliably and believably but the willful screwing the regs is still there as a blemish, if you will.

Then we find out about his religious background and the willful screwing of the regs seems like even more of a contradiction. Yes, we find out he made a mistake while he was younger but is still continuing to do so. Still messing around with yet another women mere days later.

James, on the other hand, seems to have a more mature and level head on her shoulders. Yes, she screwed the regs, too, which I just find too unbelievable on a show in a franchise where this has been such a big thing in the past. But she stepped up and was not only believable in her job but was mature in her dealing with a superior officer when catching him messing around with another woman while on duty.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

It will be interesting to see whether or not Scott keeps on being a contradiction throughout the series or whether he will go one way or another at some point.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                          I guess these things really are quite subjective, aren't they :

1) He effectively managed to keep the situation under control when the crew first arrived on the Destiny. Given the fact that Young was out and he is completely unprepared for such a situation, he did it quite well and showed a lot of promise as an up-and-coming leader figure.

2) He singlehandedly found the lake bed in "Air" 3 and was able to bring back enough material (eventually with the help of Greer) to get the circulation systems working again and to save everyone's life aboard the Destiny. Notwithstanding, he also practically killed himself in the process.

3) As much as people hate it/are outraged by it/are rolling their eyes about it...he made it a point to go and talk with Chloe after her father died. To me, this seems like a good thing as who knows what was going on through Chloe's mind at the time. It's certainly the sign of what a good leader would do, making sure that all of your crew are doing relatively well.

4) He successfully flew the shuttle back onto the Destiny. While he did have Eli's coordinates to perform the slingshot, it was heavily suggested that pulling off that landing maneuver was no easy task...yet he safely got everyone back and in one piece.

Take these as you will, I guess, but I think people are letting his romance/sex storyline cloud their judgment of Lt. Scott. As it stands, he's done quite a lot.
                          Done quite a bit, yes. Our problems stem from the fact that his character seems to be degrading from that. Leaving a radio off? That's unprofessional in this circumstance, no matter how you look at it.

Jumping any random girl when he gets a chance, moving onto the next whenever he feels like it? Do people really think playboys are still that awesome or something in this day and age? Perhaps James realized it was just sex in that closet, and that's all it was to her.

But it shows that Scott sees sex as just sex, too. There's heartbreak on the way if Chloe is feeling more, but at this point, I'm not convinced she does either.

I liked Scott starting out, despite the closet thing. But he's devolving into the stereotypical male led by the smaller of his two brains. Had I been young, I would have strongly thought about demoting him and putting James up as second-in-command.

We shall see how things progress. For this moment, though, this whole Chloe/Scott thing is bad news.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                            Done quite a bit, yes. Our problems stem from the fact that his character seems to be degrading from that. Leaving a radio off? That's unprofessional in this circumstance, no matter how you look at it.

Jumping any random girl when he gets a chance, moving onto the next whenever he feels like it? Do people really think playboys are still that awesome or something in this day and age? Perhaps James realized it was just sex in that closet, and that's all it was to her.

But it shows that Scott sees sex as just sex, too. There's heartbreak on the way if Chloe is feeling more, but at this point, I'm not convinced she does either.

I liked Scott starting out, despite the closet thing. But he's devolving into the stereotypical male led by the smaller of his two brains. Had I been young, I would have strongly thought about demoting him and putting James up as second-in-command.

We shall see how things progress. For this moment, though, this whole Chloe/Scott thing is bad news.
                            I don't think Scott comes off too great but i'm more worried about the character of Chloe, so far she hasn't had a great deal of her own storyline and it just seems that she is there to be concerned for Scott when he goes on missions, she needs her own storyline.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                              Actually, I'd say your problem stems from this, but this is vastly different than the poster who I actually responded to. They claimed that he hasn't done anything, which I'd say is patently false.

He's immature, inexperienced, and unprofessional at times. I certainly don't dispute this (in fact, it's how is character was envisioned). I just dispute that he hasn't done anything, which clearly you do not think is the case as your problem stems from something much different.
                              Sig by Pandora's Box
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
                                I don't think Scott comes off too great but i'm more worried about the character of Chloe, so far she hasn't had a great deal of her own storyline and it just seems that she is there to be concerned for Scott when he goes on missions, she needs her own storyline.
                                I totally agree with this. I figured that by now she would be seen helping out however she could, trying to compensate for her priveledge life, and yet all she seems to do is get in the way. That was the impression I got from James, that she was telling Chloe he was hurt, because she knew she would push her way into the people trying to save him and cause more trouble and irritation. That James is setting up (and not in a malicious way, just because Chloe already has this quality) Chloe to be considered nothing more then a problem on this ship.

Comment

Working...
                                X