This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SurfingEagle View Post
    I didn't like this episode as much as Light, but then I think Light is going to be hard to beat. I didn't quite have the tension of the last episode. I also wondered where Colonel Young's cane and limp went. All the sudden he's all healthy and going on rigorous missions. I was expecting them to more gradually get him back up to full health, but I liked him being a little crippled. It sort of added grit to his character.

Any ways, this episode wasn't bad just probably my least favorite thus far.
    Maybe the suit acts as an exoskeleton? That would explain why he could use it even while injured.
    sigpic
    Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
      Maybe the suit acts as an exoskeleton? That would explain why he could use it even while injured.
      Well, if the suit was doing that, then I missed that. I don't think it was the suit though, because wasn't Young walking around the ship at the very end of the episode after he changed out of the suit without using the cane?

Comment

Ok...this one lost me to this show...so full of cliche's...[mod snip]
        Last edited by GateGipsy; 04 November 2009, 03:19 AM.

Comment

[mod snip] i have watched all the episodes so far in the hope thatt will get better. i mean they went to an ice planet and he fell down a hole!!! well who didn't see that coming?? and what about the lose of water? was i the only one that realised that it was the alians from the previous episode.

so far we have had episodes called air and water can you guess what some of the new episodes may be called???? lololol

However after all this *****ing i hope that the show gets better. thay cant get any worse however i would stop using 5 year old children to bounce off idea's off.
          Last edited by GateGipsy; 04 November 2009, 03:19 AM.

Comment

I didn't like this episode as much as Light, but then I think Light is going to be hard to beat. I didn't quite have the tension of the last episode. I also wondered where Colonel Young's cane and limp went. All the sudden he's all healthy and going on rigorous missions. I was expecting them to more gradually get him back up to full health, but I liked him being a little crippled. It sort of added grit to his character.

Any ways, this episode wasn't bad just probably my least favorite thus far.
            Its been established three weeks separate Air from Water. That is an accpeatable range to recover from an injury like that
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Hi. I'm new to actually being on the forums, but this episode was fantastic. Of course, I sincerely love how scott was saved by sheer luck. A well done episode that sets up much of the future interactions between people.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                but at this stage it's to early to knock anyone off the show. in later seasons i can live with it but not 6 eps in

At this point i'm not convinced there will be later seasons. If there are it will be purely on the basis of the stargate name alone, as so far this series has not been good, and i think most people here would agree with that if they could look past (which i admit is very hard to do) their love of all things stargate bias.

Plus Robert Carlyle will not stick around for year after year on this, I can see him being in one season and no more, if it gets renewed.
                Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
                Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

Whoops, nearly forgot!
                  Ronon's Mission Report:
                  "Greer's flamethrower wasn't bad but I still stand by my pistol. End of report."
                  "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                  Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                  Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                  Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                  Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Its been established three weeks separate Air from Water. That is an accpeatable range to recover from an injury like that
                    I don't recall exactly what type of injury he sustained to his leg, but he went from not being able to walk to full recovery while lifting heavy ice blocks on a hostile alien world in three weeks. He's also not exactly a kid anymore. It seems a little to quick to have him doing heavy lifting and all in that short a time frame.

Comment

I don't recall exactly what type of injury he sustained to his leg, but he went from not being able to walk to full recovery while lifting heavy ice blocks on a hostile alien world in three weeks. He's also not exactly a kid anymore. It seems a little to quick to have him doing heavy lifting and all in that short a time frame.
                      It wasn't his leg, really. I think there were some busted ribs and some nerve problems with the legs initially after his injury. The ribs probably still hurt a bit, but Young's the man, and he goes ice-mining either way!

Originally posted by Eternal Density
                      "Greer's flamethrower wasn't bad but I still stand by my pistol. End of report."
                      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                        Thanks, I'm carrying on the tradition from Atlantis season 5
                        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

I really enjoyed this one (aside from a bit of trite dialogue and the cliché of falling into a hole) and I'm convinced that being pretty much spoiler-free helped. I was totally surprised by the Dust Devil aliens showing up because I had assumed that if there were an alien encounter it would happen on the planet. Yay for surprises

And of course TJ and Greer just rocked.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            Well, we know it can get into people's minds ala what it did with Scott, so maybe it was reading her mind and figured she was being truthful/honest.
                            No we don't. I personally think Scott was halucinating, I don't think the Dust Devil had owt to do with that.
                            Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode, although to be fair I haven't disliked any episode yet, I just thought this one was more exciting to watch. And it was certainly better that someone wasn't sitting beside me tapping his foot and whining about how boring the show is (yes I think even hubby is starting to warm to it ... or maybe he was just too tired to care lol)

Comment

Just a thought about those 'bug' aliens...
                                They drank 40,000 litres of water. When you drink water, the water is still there, it's in your body, and increases your mass. Unless those aliens were electrolysing the water (which is endothermic) then there should have been 40,000KG mass of aliens at least! (not counting any other stuff they may eat)

So... maybe the aliens they sent to the planet were just a few of the ones actually on the ship. Maybe when they explore the ship a bit more they'll find some sort of huge room STUFFED with the little critters

As far as the series as a whole goes, for me it's an interesting show very much oriented to the dramatic. It's all about survival on the edge of the universe. It's a fair bit different to SG-1 and SGA and that's what was promised. If you happen to like the new position of the show, you'll think this is great. However if you preferred the old style show and characters then this isn't going to seem as good. Personally I preferred the SG-1 feel, but I like this enough to carry on watching.

--Rakhal

Comment

Working...
                                X