This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Good:

TJ taking charge (when you knew she didn't want to).

Rush telling Eli he needs to grow up.

Greer and his homemade flamethrower. Awesome man, just awesome!

Lt. James showing her class (unlike a certain other Lt.).

Greer/Spencer seething hatred. Ya just know these two are gonna come to blows some day (and I'd pay to see it).

The Bad:

Lt. Scott still can't keep it in his pants (and turns his radio off, on duty no less).

UselessSexPrincessChloe "OMG, by BF is gonna die, I must get all teary now!!!"

Glowy/floaty/dangerous alien thingys, brought to you slightly used from SG1 and SGA.

Funny of the Day:

On another website someone asked why the creatures made a face at Lt. Scott and a poster said it was probably because Scott had sex with them too.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
      Lt. Scott still can't keep it in his pants (and turns his radio off, on duty no less).

UselessSexPrincessChloe "OMG, by BF is gonna die, I must get all teary now!!!"

Glowy/floaty/dangerous alien thingys, brought to you slightly used from SG1 and SGA.

Funny of the Day:

On another website someone asked why the creatures made a face at Lt. Scott and a poster said it was probably because Scott had sex with them too.

It was a kissing scene not a sex scene
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Funny of the Day:

LMAO!!! That is great. And you never know.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          You don't turn your radio off if you are just sneaking a smooch.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Funny of the Day:

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            LMAO!!! That is great. And you never know.
            I think that was me. I said that on the SyFy forums.
            sigpic

Comment

didn't you know any contact is considered sex in sgu
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate

And you know this how?
                Have you ever heard of foreplay?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                  Have you ever heard of foreplay?
                  Have you heard jumping to conclusions?
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Water was what TV Tropes refers to as a Breather Episode. After the tumultuous Light and Air part 3 stuff, something like this was a given, to be honest. I loved it. While, yes, the A-Plot was a little lacking in real tension (But aren't all plots a little like that if you know the main characters are going to survive?), but it was the character moments that struck me as making the episode cool.

Young and Scott's interactions were just great. Young's recurring joke about doing a certain thing many times was a funny aside that proved to be a neat little moment about him having left people behind before. That felt very Stargate-y, to have a little aside joke turn into a serious thing that builds on a character some more. Young is the man. Young is awesome. Broken ribs from the Icarus Base evac? No problem. He'll get in a suit and chip at some ice for half a day. He'll banter with Lt Scott. He's, and I mentioned this last week, one of my favourite military characters in the whole Stargate franchise. And it's only been six episodes!

Scott/Chloe stuff was good, and not overblown. There were some actually nice moments between the two, with Chloe getting that "I'm Going To Beat You Up Again" look at Rush when the latter suggests Young ditches Scott (And Young, being the man, doesn't leave Scott down there). The fake smile James gave Chloe in one of their scenes was nice - I get the feeling there'll be no tension between James and Chloe about Scott... well, I hope so.

Secondary characters had their moments too, with Riley and Park standing out to me again. Riley's little anecdote was great, and the ("He's a crazy person... sir.") comments about Spencer were so damn dry and deadpan. Spencer's little trip to the brig was nice.

Oh, and I laughed out loud when Rush mentioned there was no airlock on the Destiny. After hearing people wanting Chloe and Scott airlocked, it comes off as unintentionally hilarious!

The B-Plot was fantastic. While watching the episode, I came up with a few solutions for the Dust Devil, one of which being that it'd be taken to Hoth. The others involved it being killed by the Kawoosh or deciding to help the team somehow. Note that these three are all Stargate-y solutions, and that, again, reminded me of the old-school Stargate we know and sometimes loved. If a bit predictable, but the characters shone again.

TJ! If Young is the man, TJ is the woman! She levelled up, and had some great moments in command. She looked uncomfortable with it, but it suited her. Her banter with Rush and Eli was great, not to mention her moment with Greer (Greer gets another shout-out for seemingly appreciating TJ's honesty in her not trusting him). TJ is the woman because she faced off the Dust Devil, and while that's been done before, it hadn't been done yet with TJ, and that's the main point. She's great.

Eli and Rush's own banter was a little highlight, mostly because Rush sees Eli as... something undefinable. Maybe an intellectual equal (Or almost), and is maybe trying to train Eli up or something. I hope, despite all the coming Young/Rush conflicts, that Eli tries to remain true to both sides.

Bullets were fired, ice was melted, flamethrowers and hover sleds were MacGyver'd, and we actually lost a redshirt in Gorman, whose face-shredding scene was well done thanks to the 'shaky' camera. All in all, it wasn't the most awesomest awesome that ever awesomed, but it was still solid. Just like ice. (Hey I made a punny!)
                    Last edited by MattSilver 3k; 30 October 2009, 09:38 PM.
                    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Have you heard jumping to conclusions?
                      Hey, I am just having fun with this. Does not matter to me if Vanessa caught them on the bed or just making out.

Chloe did get under my skin when she yelled at Rush. She needs to understand that sometimes people must be sacrificed to save the greater good. Young however believes in not leaving people behind. Good thing Rush was not on that planet with Scott. Hey at least if Scott died, Eli would have a chance.
                      sigpic

Comment

Chloe did get under my skin when she yelled at Rush. She needs to understand that sometimes people must be sacrificed to save the greater good. Young however believes in not leaving people behind. Good thing Rush was not on that planet with Scott. Hey at least if Scott died, Eli would have a chance.
                        I wonder if you would felt that way if Rush had asked you to understand to watch your girlfriend die. Of course Rush is right but emotions can cloud logic
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

I found I got a little frustrated by this episode, it could have been a jaw dropper in some ways. If Scott died and was left in that crevasse it would have been such a shock, and an example of how this show does the 'totally different' thing. His death would have made me really sit up and think, wow, these people are really in danger and death isn't far away for any of them.

The sand bugs were interesting though. I reckoned that they 'carry' water and could be water based creatures. When they helped Scott in 'Air', didn't water well up from the sand under his head for him to drink? It was like the aliens were sharing their water and perhaps thought he would help them in return, that's why they followed Scott onto the ship. Possibly they were 'thanking' Scott on the ice planet when they formed the 'face',because the actions of the others on the Destiny throwing them through the gate was the action that unknown to the humans is probably what the aliens actually wanted.

Col Young suddenly being able to pull at a rope with a man at the end, didn't he break a rib? I have to watch the pilot again to remind myself what was said about his injuries. Getting a footing with a damaged leg, on ice, why wasn't he slipping more?! It didn't add up with the supposed timeline being covered over the course of the episodes. For me they were doing so well with the continuity too up until this moment. I just couldn't accept that he was pulling a dead weight on a rope given the poor physical state he's been shown to be in recently. He wouldn't be doing anything like that for months with the injuries he had, and most people would find that hard even when they are 100% fit!

I still like the character interactions and development though. The ship and CGI continue to be top notch, that view of the ice planet's sky was wonderful.

Comment

I wonder if you would felt that way if Rush had asked you to understand to watch your girlfriend die. Of course Rush is right but emotions can cloud logic
                            There is one good thing with this. It gives Chloe a lot of opportunity to grow. Rush needs to learn better people skills. lol. Eli also has to learn that telling the truth may not always be the best thing. Greer needs to learn not to be too trigger happy and jump to conclusions. Scott has also learned he needs to lock the door. Ok that last one was a joke.

I think if anyone stood on top with this ep it was Young and TJ who were cool as a cucumber even with all the problems going on this episode. Those two were just great in this episode.
                            sigpic

Comment

I think if anyone stood on top with this ep it was Young and TJ who were cool as a cucumber even with all the problems going on this episode. Those two were just great in this episode.
                              I think even Young and TJ could learn a thing or two. Young could learn not to keep everything bottled up and TJ could learn to be a little more sympathic.
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

I think even Young and TJ could learn a thing or two. Young could learn not to keep everything bottled up and TJ could learn to be a little more sympathic.
                                All characters have flaws. It is good to see them expressed on the screen.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X