X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arga View Post
    according to my deepest thoughts...
    Everything that is sent back to the past, when it arrives there, creates a new timeline. Some sci-fi stories which stick to the idea of an unique timeline, will have the future changed depending on what changes are made in the past. (like in "Back to the Future"). If you kill someone in the past, then this person in the future will suddenly disapear.. [I don't like this theory]..
    No, I think that the original timeline still carries on (with the person being not dead), and the new timeline, created with the arrival of an element from the future, will continue its course with the guy being dead.
    So any element traveling arriving from the future, (so an element that doesn't belong in the present), creates a new paralell timeline. And the previous timelines still exist on their own; the person who travelled back in time would simply be like a missing person in his original timeline.
    And I theorize that it would be impossible to go "back to the future" in the original timeline that we're from, because it's a one-way trip. The changes we introduced in the past deviate the course of time to a second line, and if we try to go to the future again, it will necessary be in this second timeline.
    So the idea of going back to the past to "correct" something, and then go back to our present and see the results will only be true in this second time line. The original first time line would still have the uncorrected thing in it.

Therefore, if a kino is sent in the past of timeline 1, when it arrives in the past, it continues "living" in a new timeline. (timeline 2) where it's found by people living in timeline 2. (because the people living in timeline 1 are dead now because of the bugs).
    So if in timeline 2, they don't send the kino back in time, it doesn't contradict the fact that they found the old kino, because it has been sent to the past in timeline 1, not in timeline 2...

OK, it's late, I don't know if i make sense..

goodnight everybody!

Did I mention that time travel and alternate timelines make my head hurt?

Originally posted by harakiri View Post
    That is actually a good point,its good to see RDA back in Stargate,but its not enough "Jack" for it to be worth the stone usage.

And about the "wanted" cancellation: It was some comments in that direction right after Air 1/2/3,but most of the time it was said that since the "hardcore" fans could never like this it would not last long. And I consider myself as a big fan,but like the new feeling in this show. The dark feeling is great. Its not SGA/SG1,but it is Stargate in some way.
    I'm a huge fan of SG-1, been a fan since the start But I must say I'm liking the new direction so far, only episode I didn't like was "Earth", I'll just call that a blip on what is otherwise a promising start to SGU
    sigpic

Comment

I greatly enjoyed all of the character insight I obtained from this episode. I think using Dr. Park to assist TJ was brilliant. When Park went to see if TJ was ok as she cried was very believable.

Eli talking to himself and talking at the Kino clips was very similar to what I do watching the show. I was answering his see yes with my head nodding yes. LOL!

http://violetvision78.livejournal.com/
      *ponders updating sig*

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
        Lizards? They didn't seem reptilian to me.
        Behind the scene footage shows they are from deep ocean creatures.

On Joseph's Site, he said:

"The forecast calls for rain with a 40% chance of aliens."

"As you know, the creatures used are underwater denizens from the deep, deep depths of the Pacific Ocean and, while deadly, can be docile given the right conditions: while sleeping, drugged, or dead. So our resident monster wrangler, Evil Kenny Gibbs showed up with one for a little show-and-tell and, well, things got a little out of hand…"

http://violetvision78.livejournal.com/
        *ponders updating sig*

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          these weren't timelilnes as much as they were timeloops, that start with finding the planet and end with everyone's death. and they were going to keep looping until they found their way out...or died before they could leave a message to use the flare to loop back.

that was a scenario that was never explored, likely cause it'd have ended the show

if no kino was ever sent back then there'd be no info to go from and the loop wouldn't loop.

it's kind of like they were on a highway, and there's an off-ramp that loops back to the beginning of the highway...and htey kept taking that off ramp until they got good enough directions to avoid that off ramp and keep going on their trip
          No. there is no evidence that it was an actual never ending LOOP. The looping back was caused by tossing the Kino through the Stargate whose wormhole passed through a solar flare and jumped backward in time. The only reason that things 'restarted' is that a character chose to enter the wormhole. If a character had NOT entered the wormhole it would have ended then and there. The characters clearly had an obvious choice whereas in a typical loop, the characters have no option such as in Star Trek's Cause and Effect.

Your example of an off ramp is somewhat accurate, but put at the base of the off ramp a road that runs parallel. If you have no choice in the matter you end up on the on ramp, but if there's choice you can see that you can either turn left or right at the bottom of the off ramp or continue through the intersection onto the on ramp.
          The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post

Did I mention that time travel and alternate timelines make my head hurt?

I'm a huge fan of SG-1, been a fan since the start But I must say I'm liking the new direction so far, only episode I didn't like was "Earth", I'll just call that a blip on what is otherwise a promising start to SGU

Exactly the same episode that I did not like. "Earth" is so far the only episode that I really can say I did not enjoy watching. It was nice to see the drama stones had some problems anyway. I knew the connection would be briefly broke at some point. It was however weird that Young choose to use THAT body to...well..

Nice to see that I was`nt the only one that did not like that episode. I am however afraid it would be more episodes that has earth-drama in it. Now I wish they did stick to the plan to not be connected to earth as the plan for SGU was in the start.
            I had problems understanding how to start a new Stargate series without the SG-command in it some way,but now I just wish that the Icarus-base would be the closest to earth we ever came. Hope the next season would be without stones.

Just hours left for the next episode.

Comment

Linda06:
              It was a wrong quote,but I guess you did see that. Sorry.

Comment

Wow.. I did not do it all wrong,but then I did excuse myself and checked it again,and understood that I just needed rest. And maybe food.

Comment

Anyone know if the 'kinosodes' are part of the official timeline of the show?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    Anyone know if the 'kinosodes' are part of the official timeline of the show?
                    Yes they are canon
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by kromagg View Post
                      At the end of 'Time', Scott sends the keno through to the past, which he hopes his alternate-timeline friends will find. But what does he do? He has a gun with limited ammo, an enemy that is bound to kill him soon, and a gate remote. In front of him is an open gate which he knows will send him to the past.

Theory: He goes in after the keno. He's now on this planet in the distant past, theories seem to suggest 50-100 years ago based on the skull deterioration. It's daylight (if I remember correctly), but he knows that if he stays around till night he's a dead man. He's got a gate remote. He's clearly got no regard for 'maintaining the timeline' as he's already messed with it several times. There's no solar flare where he is in the past. Either:

1) Scott gates away immediately to any random address that he can get to work...maybe the gate remote even has a database or an auto-dialer? or,

2) Scott waits around for a few hours (since it's daylight) until the Rush from the first timeline comes through. Then they go planet-hopping together.

Some will say the the skull proves that one of them died there in the past. Nope, that was only true after Rush and the keno made their solo trip to the past, with no gun or gate remote. They were dead meat. With Scott going there as well, a new timeline is created where they have a chance.

Any other flaws in this theory? I'm not saying it's true, only that it gives the writers a jumping off point for any future stories about human descendants in this galaxy, without having to involve *other* instances of time-travel. Would be even more interesting if either Rush or Scott was female...
                      I was wondering "What about Scott"? Remember, Scott from Timeline 1, after sending the kino through, said that he will wait as long as he can then he will go through the gate.

Rush, however, will eventually get sick from the water and die in the past. Also, if the creatures were the organisms, that would mean that they wouldn't exist on the planet until Rush dies and the organisms grew and busted out from him.
                      The signature has been destroyed!

Comment

I can say it I want this show cancellation... this show is the worst... tv is going down hill... I really dont know how anyone is still watch this show... like what the f... I can't believe they took sga off 4 this show..... I'm a hardcore fan but this show is killing stargate... I gave this show a change 4 nothing a waste of my time ...

Comment

I loved this past episode it was fantastic ,some of the best acting i have ever seen keep them coming !!!
                          sigpic
                          May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

I can say it I want this show cancellation... this show is the worst... tv is going down hill... I really dont know how anyone is still watch this show... like what the f... I can't believe they took sga off 4 this show..... I'm a hardcore fan but this show is killing stargate... I gave this show a change 4 nothing a waste of my time ...
                            Right. You don't like it, so it should be cancelled. The heck with all the folks who really enjoy it. I don't like it much either, although I'm tremendously impressed with the acting and production values, but I certainly don't think it should be cancelled just because it isn't to my personal taste. I'm thinking you should just not watch it since you find it such a waste of time. After all, if you don't watch, it will be just like it was cancelled, because you have to know that if it's cancelled, there won't be another one that you and I might like better.

Comment

Originally posted by SurfingEagle View Post
                              I liked this week's episode mainly because they stuck to a decent sci-fi story and left out the alien communication devices along with all the soap opera content that was brought with it. But it looks like they are going back to the soap opera in next week's episode. I don't mind the relationships and kissing and stuff, but it's getting a little too involved in those previous two episodes.
                              Couldn't have put it better myself.

Comment

Exactly the same episode that I did not like. "Earth" is so far the only episode that I really can say I did not enjoy watching. It was nice to see the drama stones had some problems anyway. I knew the connection would be briefly broke at some point. It was however weird that Young choose to use THAT body to...well..

Nice to see that I was`nt the only one that did not like that episode. I am however afraid it would be more episodes that has earth-drama in it. Now I wish they did stick to the plan to not be connected to earth as the plan for SGU was in the start.
                                I had problems understanding how to start a new Stargate series without the SG-command in it some way,but now I just wish that the Icarus-base would be the closest to earth we ever came. Hope the next season would be without stones.

Just hours left for the next episode.
                                No you're not the only one that didn't like "Earth" I it a strange episode. I hope we don't get many more eps like "Earth" I'd prefer more eps like "Time." They got a good balance between character moments and action in that episode. I'm beginning to become annoyed at the stones now, most of the scenes with the charcters body swapping and our characters on Earth is becoming boring, IMO they're using it too much. It was a nice change to see them not use it in "Time."

Linda06:
                                It was a wrong quote,but I guess you did see that. Sorry.
                                Wow.. I did not do it all wrong,but then I did excuse myself and checked it again,and understood that I just needed rest. And maybe food.
                                hehe, well go eat something

Originally posted by lilmacdacddy929 View Post
                                Oh of course, you hate it so it must be bad so lets cancel it People are still watching this show because some of us actually like it. Unlike SGA which I thought ended up being rather quite terrible and I'm glad they decided to cancel it now for this promising new show.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X