Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So has no one explained to the Lucien Alliance that Destiny is worthless?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destiny might have something to do with the universe's accelerated expansion. just a guess.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
      Apparently Ra was also trying to unlock the secrets of the ninth chevron. Probably Ra found an Ancient Database and learned about Destiny, exactly what it containted, where it is going and why. I too wouldn't be surprised if the Lucian Alliance knows something that we don't.
      What makes you say that? Maybe I'm forgetting something, but I don't think there's any evidence that Ra was actively trying to dial the 9th Chevron.

Perfecto!

Comment

From the LA perspective, they know where they are going, what tools they need, and supplies are ready. We know that you can send data in 2 directions through an open wormhole, right? So, if the LA based on that new Icarus type planet can regularly open wormholes to the Destiny, more supplies can be sent and data can be transmitted back and forth. Stones wouldn't be the only means of communication...

Comment

Originally posted by Arturis View Post
          Seriously! Especially when compared to Atlantis and all of the other cool stuff they could steal from Earth in the Milky Way.
          I bet there's something else, more valuable what LA wants than the Destiny. I also believe there's another reason why the Alterans built Destiny and sent it to the Universe
          Stolen Kosovo
          sigpic

Comment

it blows up planets [/sarcasm]

Comment

the LA wants the Destiny so that it can turn those leather couches in Young's quarters into a nice coat
              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
                Destiny might have something to do with the universe's accelerated expansion. just a guess.
                no seriously think about it, when did the universe start accelerating its expansion??? maybe its something the ancients did?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                  it blows up planets [/sarcasm]
                  I can see the previews for season 2: Next Season! Destiny's hidden power! No planet is safe!

The ship itself is the backbone of lantian tech. not as advanced, but advanced enough to start building new tech.

Comment

When the Ancients fled Pegasus, maybe one of the scientiest dumped their tech stuff onto Destiny to carry on their legacy. Wild guess. :O

Comment

I'm pretty sure there's more to the Destiny then has been revealed so far. Secondly, it seems the Lucian Alliance may have some intel on Destiny that the crew members aren't aware of. With all the leaks that apparently now exist at the SGC they could have learned something valuable.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                        I'm pretty sure there's more to the Destiny then has been revealed so far. Secondly, it seems the Lucian Alliance may have some intel on Destiny that the crew members aren't aware of. With all the leaks that apparently now exist at the SGC they could have learned something valuable.
                        As you and others have pointed out, there is likely something which has yet to be revealed. I also like the idea that the seeder ships could be part of this equation. Add to that things like tech advances which may not be as critical to Earth but could be a giant leap for the LA, then I see them being very interested in Destiny. The concept of a (to us) lesser technology being of interest to a rival was examined in SGA with the Genii and their pursuit of C-4 explosives.

regards,
                        G.
                        Go for Marty...

Comment

you know what, im betting that placing all those stargates on all those galaxies could have caused the universe to expand faster. thats one theory. another could be having the stones connected to the stargate system result in sucking up the consciousness of the planet the stargate is on. like a blackhole but for consciousness. if that makes any sense.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
                            you know what, im betting that placing all those stargates on all those galaxies could have caused the universe to expand faster. thats one theory. another could be having the stones connected to the stargate system result in sucking up the consciousness of the planet the stargate is on. like a blackhole but for consciousness. if that makes any sense.
                            I think I'll stick to the Big Bang theory.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                              I don't think it is worthless at all. I just don't think our crew on board have really had enough time to sit down and really nut through what secrets the ship holds. Every 3 minutes something is breaking or some other dire life or death situation is popping up so they have been a little distracted. It is very possible that some Ancient text outlining some cool Destiny feature has been found by the LA and now they want it bad. One thing for sure is that there will be something....
                              It took Atlantis 5 years for them to find/invent the wormhole drive, and they had McKay and lots of scientists.

They probably haven't even scratched the surface, let alone all the stuff they can probably do if they had the access to the ship's computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanek26 View Post
                                It took Atlantis 5 years for them to find/invent the wormhole drive, and they had McKay and lots of scientists.

They probably haven't even scratched the surface, let alone all the stuff they can probably do if they had the access to the ship's computer.
                                lol, or they will see, after getting access to the control codes, a big message saying "Haven't you realized? This is just a floating rustbucket"

Comment

Working...
                                X