Lucian alliance....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    Well, that wouldn't excuse how ruthless she seems to be. I think she is going to cause lots of problems.
    This is true, but then again you have to look at her background. And due to that it may explain a few things. If I recall she said she wants what's best for her people. But then again we have only seen her in one episode thus far so we may not know how far she will go to protect them.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
      They don't need him now that they have the man who unlocked the ninth chevron for Earth. No reason to keep him around.

As for getting to Destiny, they can figure out how to reverse-engineer the Ancient technology on the ship and send their findings back to the Milky Way via the communication stones.
      It makes you wonder if they even tried to figure out a way to make it so you can email using the thing... I mean you can transfer someones consciousness that far why not a simple fax or email?

Comment

They don't need him now that they have the man who unlocked the ninth chevron for Earth. No reason to keep him around.

As for getting to Destiny, they can figure out how to reverse-engineer the Ancient technology on the ship and send their findings back to the Milky Way via the communication stones.
        Except that the Ancient tech on the destiny is even more primitive that what they already have, there has to be more.
        The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
          Except that the Ancient tech on the destiny is even more primitive that what they already have, there has to be more.
          The Lucian Alliance has no Ancient technology.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

The Lucian Alliance has no Ancient technology.
            The Goa'uld tech came from Ancient tech reversed engineered by the latter for their own use, just FYI and is still far superior than anything the Destiny itself could offer, they must want the database, is the only thing truly valuable enough to risk getting stranded.
            The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Maybe they have intel that in the next galaxy Destiny goes to there's a new, more addictive strain of kassa.

Perfecto!

Comment

A goauld mothership's shields can protect a ship for up to 10 hours in the corona of a sun. They don't need Destiny's shields or weapons. The star recharge thing might be nice, but hardly worth all the trouble they are going through.

I've thought about this every which way, and I still can't see why the LA wants Destiny. It's old tech. Sure, it's got information on things way out in the universe; but according to JM, the LA has upgraded shields that can stand against our asgard beam weapons, as ridiculous as they sounds. They don't NEED Destiny at all; just more ships than Earth and they can take us over. Which would be a better use of resources than trying to get to Destiny.

All I can say is, I hope the writers give us a REALLY good reason why.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                  A goauld mothership's shields can protect a ship for up to 10 hours in the corona of a sun. They don't need Destiny's shields or weapons. The star recharge thing might be nice, but hardly worth all the trouble they are going through.

I've thought about this every which way, and I still can't see why the LA wants Destiny. It's old tech. Sure, it's got information on things way out in the universe; but according to JM, the LA has upgraded shields that can stand against our asgard beam weapons, as ridiculous as they sounds. They don't NEED Destiny at all; just more ships than Earth and they can take us over. Which would be a better use of resources than trying to get to Destiny.

You also need to look at the fact that this is a small part of the Lucian Alliance, not the full body of it. For all we know Kiva could be doing this without them knowing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post

That ha'tak was hovering above a star, so I'm gonna assume the quote you refer to was in regards to radiation or heat. Diving into a star... yeah, I'd like to see a mothership pull that off.
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Didn't Eli do that?
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        Didn't Eli do that?
                        True, but they don't know that

Comment

True, but they don't know that
                          Why wouldn't they? Surely Telford would have told them.

Perfecto!

Comment

well my thoughts are if they are doing anything it takes to survive (seeing as how they supposedly have it so hard) y wast so much time, energy, resors's and what not to get some were probably 100times worse...i get they might use it as a bargaining chip but that would mean they have to blow this planet up too...sgc can take over the planet/base with in a day or so...im also willing to bet that sgc don't care that much about this old ship seeing as how they could probably find the schismatics in Atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                              Why wouldn't they? Surely Telford would have told them.
                              remember, telford was not exactly in the gate room when the ninth chevron was dialed....

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
                                The Goa'uld tech came from Ancient tech reversed engineered by the latter for their own use, just FYI and is still far superior than anything the Destiny itself could offer, they must want the database, is the only thing truly valuable enough to risk getting stranded.
                                Goa'uld technology is still far inferior to standard Ancient technology, though. I know it was created from scavenged stuff (has it ever actually been acknowledged that it was all or even mostly Ancient, though?), but we have nothing to base Destiny's weapon strength on. For all we know, those guns are 100x more powerful than the ones on a ha'tak.

Comment

Working...
                                X