This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    She is definitely a great Universe character. I like her more and more all the time.
    I just pray that she doesn't become another SG doc statistic (Frazer and Beckett both killed off). I would cry if that happens. She is such a strong character. I'm just hoping that she gets some meaty scenes in the final episodes of this season and into season 2. She has definately proven that she can steal the screen if you know what I mean.

In fact I think that she has proven to be a much stronger character than probably TPTB had expected her to be. Though I can't say for certian.
    My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
    "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by SG7 View Post
      I just pray that she doesn't become another SG doc statistic (Frazer and Beckett both killed off). I would cry if that happens. She is such a strong character. I'm just hoping that she gets some meaty scenes in the final episodes of this season and into season 2. She has definately proven that she can steal the screen if you know what I mean.

In fact I think that she has proven to be a much stronger character than probably TPTB had expected her to be. Though I can't say for certian.

Talk about different opinions. I don't think they're strong at all. TJ is there to be baby momma and to show us that she had poor judgement and slept with her CO. Chloe is there because. . . well, I'm not sure, other than to be a focus of soap-opera drama (along with TJ) and sleep with Scott. James is there to wear tight shirts and to sleep with Scott. She's been underused with not real believable military behavior. Wray is annoying as hell but at least she's behaving somewhat believably. The female characters need to grow up and be developed a lot more.

I wouldn't miss any of them (well, and most of the men to be quite honest) if they were killed off in the finale.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

sex iin the military happens quite frequently. In fact for an organization which try to cover stuff up, they handle sex situations poorly. "Don't ask, don't tell policy" anyone? Or the incidents of sexual assault.

While the series is far from realistic, there are grains of truth where military sex lives intersect.

So far this series is getting better and better. I predict by mid season in season 2 its very possible, the quality will outdo SG1.

Comment

Originally posted by wargrafix View Post
          sex iin the military happens quite frequently. In fact for an organization which try to cover stuff up, they handle sex situations poorly. "Don't ask, don't tell policy" anyone? Or the incidents of sexual assault.

While the series is far from realistic, there are grains of truth where military sex lives intersect.

So far this series is getting better and better. I predict by mid season in season 2 its very possible, the quality will outdo SG1.

Oh, I have no doubt that there is an element of realism. I'd be happier if it wasn't so 'frequent' in the show. But that's just me. SG-1 didn't need it to be successful. And, for me, the characters need severe attitude adjustments for this show to come close to the popularity of SG1.

But then, Subversion was so close in tone and story to SG1, maybe the show will end up merging the best aspects of SG1 with what's good about SGU.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
            Oh, I have no doubt that there is an element of realism. I'd be happier if it wasn't so 'frequent' in the show. But that's just me. SG-1 didn't need it to be successful. And, for me, the characters need severe attitude adjustments for this show to come close to the popularity of SG1.

But then, Subversion was so close in tone and story to SG1, maybe the show will end up merging the best aspects of SG1 with what's good about SGU.
            There's been 18 episodes. How many sex scenes have there been? Not that many.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
              There's been 18 episodes. How many sex scenes have there been? Not that many.
              Too many for me.

Just the right amount for others.

Not enough for some.
              sigpic

Comment

Too many for me.

Just the right amount for others.

Not enough for some.
                What's your breaking point? One sex scene? Can't cope with sex on television?

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                  What's your breaking point? One sex scene? Can't cope with sex on television?
                  True Blood is my favorite series, second only to NCIS, on television.

That should answer your question.

Otherwise, I'm not getting into this debate with you, or anyone, in this thread. Everyone has an opinion. I'm not going to change yours. You're not going to change mine. So we might as well agree to disagree.

Back to Subversion. Arguably the best episode of the season and very SG1-like. Though I'd like to see O'Neill be wrong in his support of Young. The man clearly is more than a few cans short and there's very little I like about him. Though, that goes for most of the characters. I'm hoping that changes. Maybe a main character will die in the season finale. That'd be a great thing to see.
                  sigpic

Comment

True Blood is my favorite series, second only to NCIS, on television.

That should answer your question.
                    Not really, since I watch neither.

Otherwise, I'm not getting into this debate with you, or anyone, in this thread. Everyone has an opinion. I'm not going to change yours. You're not going to change mine. So we might as well agree to disagree.
                    Overreaction to a simple question, much? Okay, whatever.

Comment

Talk about different opinions. I don't think they're strong at all. TJ is there to be baby momma and to show us that she had poor judgement and slept with her CO.
                      Not really. The writers didn't want her character to be the pregnant one. They just chose to change it because of AH's pregnancy. So, I don't think she's there to be baby momma. More likely an inexperienced medic.

I wouldn't miss any of them (well, and most of the men to be quite honest) if they were killed off in the finale.
                      I don't get what kind of criterion is missing characters if they get killed off. Some keep saying about SGU. I think I wouldn't have missed any SGA character if some had gotten killed off (like Carson, Weir). That doesn't show how much I like or dislike series. Atlantis was a good show and news of it being canceled made me very, very sad.

In SGU, they're not every-day heroes, who always do the right thing. And I enjoy that, the tensions and mistakes they make. Maybe that makes some less root for the characters, but isn't that a good thing for a change? I don't obsess over Rush because he's the hero. No. It's because of the mysterious and enigmatic side of him. I don't feel for Chloe because she keeps saving the world. No. It's because she feels totally useless on Destiny and does her best to help any way she can.

I guess different people look for different things to like in shows, but I really, truly don't understand the I-still-don't-care-if-any-of-the-characters-gets-killed-off. Is it because there's nothing else negative to say?
                      sigpic

Comment

Well i must agree that this has been the best episode by far ,its just annoying having to steer clear of the forum for a week as we are a week behind
                        Good to see some of the old faces and enemys

Comment

Originally posted by wargrafix View Post

The military are people like people everywhere else, so yep.
                          *builds up a secure perimeter around wargrafix for the closing comment, heehee*

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                          Not really. The writers didn't want her character to be the pregnant one. They just chose to change it because of AH's pregnancy. So, I don't think she's there to be baby momma. More likely an inexperienced medic.

I don't get what kind of criterion is missing characters if they get killed off. Some keep saying about SGU. I think I wouldn't have missed any SGA character if some had gotten killed off (like Carson, Weir). That doesn't show how much I like or dislike series. Atlantis was a good show and news of it being canceled made me very, very sad.

In SGU, they're not every-day heroes, who always do the right thing. And I enjoy that, the tensions and mistakes they make. Maybe that makes some less root for the characters, but isn't that a good thing for a change? I don't obsess over Rush because he's the hero. No. It's because of the mysterious and enigmatic side of him. I don't feel for Chloe because she keeps saving the world. No. It's because she feels totally useless on Destiny and does her best to help any way she can.

I guess different people look for different things to like in shows, but I really, truly don't understand the I-still-don't-care-if-any-of-the-characters-gets-killed-off. Is it because there's nothing else negative to say?
                          I don't think TJ, or any of the characters for that matter, can be so easily labeled. I'd hate to see any of the characters killed off
                          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                            Not really. The writers didn't want her character to be the pregnant one. They just chose to change it because of AH's pregnancy.
                            Her big arc for the season is the ramifications of sleeping with her CO. Just because the writers didn't chose to go this route, they obviously did and now must deal with the consequences of it. It's too much of a 'this is what we could have done with Sam and Jack' for me to enjoy it.

In SGU, they're not every-day heroes, who always do the right thing. And I enjoy that, the tensions and mistakes they make.
                            You can have that without it going completely in the opposite direction. Which is what I think was done here. I don't like the characters (or even like to hate them - which also keeps viewers coming back for more each week) and as a byproduct of that, I don't care what happens to them.

You don't have to agree

All the above said, I did enjoy Subversion's story and hope the last two episodes of the season have a similar feel.

Well i must agree that this has been the best episode by far ,its just annoying having to steer clear of the forum for a week as we are a week behind
                            Aren't you caught up now since we didn't have a new episode last week?
                            sigpic

Comment

Well if you didnt have an episode last week then we must be all square now ,how many more are left in this series ? im guessing its about 20 altogether so 2 more shows ?

Comment

Originally posted by iloveteyla View Post
                                Yeh, it was almost torture for me to stay away from this episodes section of the forum for a week given that us Canucks didn't get the episode till a week after the U.S
                                My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
                                "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Working...
                                X