This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boomerxyz View Post
    These are great questions and analysis, SciFiRick. This whole plot line doesn't make any sense to me, but then again, this entire series doesn't seem to make logical sense based on the other series. It's driving me bonkers. And when are they going to open the crates on the ship! Isn't one of the first rules of survival to know what resources you have available to you? I think the writers need to start plugging these logical holes. Seems like they are just reaching for anything to make the show work.
    You should probably refine your definition of "logic".

I'm pretty sure they've opened many of the crates on the ship. I know they've been searching the ship - otherwise they wouldn't have found that robot they used to fix the engines.
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
      How would they take Atlantis, though? If it's still in San Francisco, it's sure to be heavily guarded and full of soldiers armed to the teeth.
      And it's invisible. And has incredible shields. And has a drone chair. And Sheppard can always save the day in less than 45 minutes.
      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Boooooooooooooo there wasnt a montage!

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
          I heard the entire season finale was gonna be a 42 minute montage.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
            where they supposed to play "smooth criminal ?
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I don't see a problem with daniel doing the recon stuff since he's the expert on everything ancient/ goauld/ bad space guys. Besides Jack I would think Daniel would be in the top 5 important people at the sgc and Jack
              trusts him to lead teams. I look at it this way Carter isn't an airforce captain/ scientist anymore she's a colenel/captain of a space ship, Jack isn't the crazy army guy he's. Head of the sgc and Daniel isn't a sand digger he's an expert on outof space cultures so it was cool with
              me

Comment

Originally posted by wargrafix View Post
                It was done to portray the civilian side as "wah, wah". Their relationship is dragging the series.
                Consider that your expectations are incompatible with the show itself.

Comment

Good episode.

A few things: I wish they'd give Wray a job of some kind - kind of like Prez. Roslin from BSG. Just to give her a little moral authority. Right now, she just seems like a busybody.

As someone who never watched SG1, my impressions of RDA come just from seeing him in the few SGU eps he's been in. I like the idea of him and his sense of humor, but RDA himself doesn't seem fully present. Nothing seems interesting or surprising to him. He gets on Destiny and just wanders around like he's in a Pizza Hut. He just seem kind of perpetually stoned to me. But maybe that's how he always has been.

As to the pregnancy bit - I like TJ and the idea of her being pregnant so these kinds of scenes aren't hard for me to watch. I like softer scenes like this, cause they secretly contrast with the harder scenes, like Rush getting shocked and all the Telford stuff. But it would be cool if there was some storyline purpose brought in to such things, ie, TJ continuing to think that bringing up her baby on a planet would be better than the ship. Planting the seed for something in the future. Instead we just have a little self-contained moment. I think when these scenes offer the possibility of movement in the future, they work better.

Long ago, when the show started, I had the impression that the writers wanted us to dislike Rush. I didn't want to, cause I like RC. I much more like the angle of Rush and Young working together and coming to appreciate each other.

I wanted to see the Lucian ship disappear or fly away or whatever it does. It just seemed odd to have MS come along and soft of say "Well there it goes, flying away and we missed it..." Maybe they didn't have the money for the fx...

I guess I also wish that Rush had stopped the Lucian's from killing the Lucian scientist. I did like the scene and very much liked Rush admitting that he was stalling - but I guess it would have even been better (for me) had he spoken up mid-choke and stopped it. Then had himself a Lucian pal...

ah, look at me all complainy! I really liked this episode. And really like SGU as a whole. After watching BSG just recently after a long break from sci-fi, I didn't think I'd be able to find anything that felt right. But SGU feels right to me...

Comment

loved it ... like i air part 3 ... for me this two are the best episodes so far !
                    Watching SGA and SGU

Comment

I'm still very fond of "Darkness/Light". That said, on average, the second half of the this season has been better than the first half.
                      All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

This is *definitely* the best episode so far, for me!! Followed by "Divided"... IMO

Can't wait to see the 2-part season finale!!!

Comment

The only thing more excruciating than waiting for 2 weeks for new episode will be the inevitable cliffhanger of season finale

Comment

Well I hate to say it, but I was right. IGN has released their review for "Subversion"! And their score?

Really? Really!?
                            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota Bob View Post
                              Am I the only one that loved the music in this episode?
                              You're definitely not the only one!! The music caught my attention right away - simply brilliant. As many have said already, I really hope we get a soundtrack for this show. And in the even that we do, I hope it is chalk full of Joel Goldsmith's genius, and not all of the contemporary music that we've been 'treated' to on this show...
                              But yeah, Joel Goldsmith really knocked it outta the park with this episode!!

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                                Well I hate to say it, but I was right. IGN has released their review for "Subversion"! And their score?

Really? Really!?
                                You still look at IGN? They died years ago!

Comment

Working...
                                X