No announcement yet.

The Aliens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They were amazing! Loved them! And their "speech" was so very cool.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
      Spoiler:
      thanks
      ok i am not fond of the design. they look like evilized asgards with mon calamari style heads and some hint of those ridiculous blue people in avatar and to top it off see-through brains.
      Last edited by asdf1239; 03 April 2010, 12:39 AM.
      R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

I hope the species gets a name soon, and I hope they individually have names. One thing that bugged me about the Wraith was that they never got names. We had to give them names, like Todd or Kenny, which made them less scary and menacing. Although, I don't think they'll learn how to speak English anytime soon, so we might get a translated name.

Comment

I love the aliens, thank god for CGI. I for one don't care to see another rubber suit/pointy forehead with green face alien for some time. Probably the most interesting alien shown in a Stargate show since way back in season 7 I think (episode with O'Neil stranded on that planet with an alien who he thought was a fellow SGC member). One of the great things about Farscape was the imagination used in creating alien life forms, something that was sadly lacking in Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by SBN View Post
            I love the aliens, thank god for CGI. I for one don't care to see another rubber suit/pointy forehead with green face alien for some time. Probably the most interesting alien shown in a Stargate show since way back in season 7 I think (episode with O'Neil stranded on that planet with an alien who he thought was a fellow SGC member). One of the great things about Farscape was the imagination used in creating alien life forms, something that was sadly lacking in Stargate.
            Season 5/The Fifth Man

@ Meshakhad, that is not the reason as It already has been stated
            Tst

Comment

I thought these aliens were really, really cool. Definitely the coolest aliens we've had in Stargate for a long time. Actually saying that, the aliens in The Daedalus Variations were awesome. And the Lost Tribe of the Asgard...

Anyway, I really hope that these aliens return. They almost definitely will, and I actually think it will be in next weeks episode, "Divided". After all, they need SOMETHING to pull the crew together after a mutiny. It would also be cool to see them in some other episode before the season finale.

I loved their technology, but the exterior of their ships, while looking cool, did not suit them. I think they should have looked like a cross between the Destiny and the Wraith ships, except more streamlined. And everything inside was blue, so why was everything outside grey and red?!

The CGI used to create the aliens was incredible, rivalling District 9s Prawns. They never looked fake, and the fight between Rush and the alien looked completely real.

Anyway, overall, they were awesome

Comment

they kind of reminded me of the kaminoans from star wars attack of the clones in that they appear to be an entire race suffering from anorexia, i just hope they maintain an air of mystery

Comment

Lets hope that just because we love them, that they are not over used.

Comment

They looks really cool, kinda like cave salamanders, coming from a possibly dark and wet homeworld. Although they did remind me of them Sliver aliens from SGA's "Remnants". Overall very cool however, bringing some great new ships to the SG universe. Also it looks like they will be a recurring alien, which is fanatstic, especially when they are not "Big Bad" aliens, but instead like what Rush said, they are instead curious about the Destiny, and we just happened to get in the way.
                    sigpic
                    Banner Made By Me for Me
                    The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                      Pretty cool little things. A little on the physically weak side (Come on - Rush killed one!), but I will admit they probably compensate with technology - like the Asgard in that regard.

However, there's only speculation about them really. If we see them again, I wouldn't mind some sort of in-depth look into why exactly they want the Destiny - for all we know, they could see themselves as the good guys here.
                      Rush isn't necessarily weak--he got some gd shots on Col Young when they fistfought on the planet w/ the alien ship
                      If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                      [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

When I think scotsman with pipe......for some reason.....

Tst

Comment

They look really cool, and somewhat Aquatic. The kind of remind me of amphibians with their skin. Also you can see through their skulls!!!

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

I loved the aliens. They were creepy, but not that creepy. They're face and speech were very alien-y.

I wonder when we'll see them again.
                            Spoiler:
                            There was a clip at the 1.5 trailer that showed them coming through the 'gate. I so expected that to happen in "Space".
                            sigpic

Comment

Am I the only person here that's disappointed with the aliens?

How the crappity crap are they humanoids?! They evolved on the other side of the universe and they have four limbs, a head and two eyes...just like us. BORING.

Comment

Yeah, I was disappointed that they were humanoid too, but at least it's an improvement on rubber-faced actors.

Comment

Working...
                                X